Jul 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Mrx1

New Head-Fier
Budget:
60$ Shipped.

Type of music:
Rock, Metal, Dubstep, Rap, Trance.

Use:
Mostly for the gym, but sometimes for other places as well.

Notes:
-Will be conected to a Sansa Clip+.
-It is very important for them to stay in place for heavy gym sessions.

I'm looking for a nice deep bass without it ruining other sounds and making my ears bleed.
I want a nice looking pair of IEM's. Looked into a lot of different models, pretty much each pair
In the price range that apperad on the 288 IEM Review Thread, still didn't find the right pair for me...
The brand that really caught my eye was Xears, it seems like they have a nice variety of IEM's that fit
Most music and look good, along with nice prices when there's a coupon involved, though I couldn't find a review on some of the IEM's that I liked
(Xears Supreme Reference \ Xears TD2 \ Xears XN4). Ofcourse i'm not locked for this brand, just something that caught my eye.

Anyway, I hope you could help me find the pair for me,
I would really appriciate any kind of help, have a great day
beerchug.gif

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 19
You couldn't find anything in the 288 iem review
blink.gif

What about Logitechs?

Maybe some of the higher end phones will go on sale in your price range.  Check out the deals thread.

If no one else helps you, post in the iems forum and tell everyone that you tried the recommendations forum and all you got was sh**ty advice from meat
etysmile.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 19
You couldn't find anything in the 288 iem review
blink.gif

What about Logitechs?

Maybe some of the higher end phones will go on sale in your price range.  Check out the deals thread.

If no one else helps you, post in the iems forum and tell everyone that you tried the recommendations forum and all you got was sh**ty advice from meat
etysmile.gif

I did find a couple of nice IEM's but every pair has its disadvantages that caused me not to go for it.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #7 of 19
Get the Sleek Audio SA1 now for only $40 from Amazon.  Best bang for the buck plus detachable / replaceable cables.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #8 of 19
Most IEMs will probably fall out if you are perspiring greatly. Imo working out with IEMs can be dangerous due to the isolation. I suggest using open non isolating earbuds with ear hooks, or a hook on headphone like the Koss KSC75. I only use isolating earphones when I am sitting or lying down, not while I am active. If you must use IEMs though while exercising though, there are IEMs with ear hooks to help keep them in place.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:
Most IEMs will probably fall out if you are perspiring greatly. Imo working out with IEMs can be dangerous due to the isolation. I suggest using open non isolating earbuds with ear hooks, or a hook on headphone like the Koss KSC75. I only use isolating earphones when I am sitting or lying down, not while I am active. If you must use IEMs though while exercising though, there are IEMs with ear hooks to help keep them in place.

I see your point and I agree with you in 100%.
For the gym i'm taking the M6 by MEELEC, theyr'e good for gym use + they have nice sound.
Now i'm looking for another pair (something like 40$ shipped, I don't want the Vsonic GR02 or the MH1C) that will be used for every other activity (but not for the gym.)
Anything you would recommand that will fit my music and look nice? 

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 19
I have 4 IEMs that are under $25 which I like. The Sony MDR-EX210 which has 13.5 mm drivers and produces nice extended bass without overdoing it. Initially the sound was thick and a bit lacking in detail, but with extended use the detail seems to be emerging. The Panasonic RPHJE450 has 12.5 mm drivers, and is very ergonomically shaped for great comfort and fit. It is ported though, so the isolation isn't great. It is the IEM I use the most due to its great comfort. It has good bass without overdoing it, but not as much as the EX210. It has more detail than the EX210. The Panasonic RP-HJE355 has more detail than the HJE450, but not as much bass impact. The JVC HAFx40 has great detail and good bass, but its highs are too strong, especially before extensive burn in. In comparing the HJE355 to the HAFX40, the HJE355 has better midrange, while the HAFX40 has better bass.

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:
Definitely go for audio technica ckn50. They are awesome for $41.

They look pretty nice, i'm thinking about taking them, found them on ebay for 41$ shipped, fits right into the budget.
Although I didn't find any reviews, not on youtube nor here, can you link me to some thread where it's reviewed?

I have couple more questions:
How would they work with my music?
How is the bass?
How dominant are the microphonics?
How is the fit? will they stay in place?

Meanwhile i'll be glad for other people to suggest IEM's too

Thanks

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #14 of 19
Ckn50 is really comfy because of that earloop. They work with your music very well. Only cable has lots of microphonics, but when you listen music it isn't big deal. You can check some impressions on http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-jvc-phones-pg787-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724-basso-pg601
Just search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back