In-ear headsets for Android?
Nov 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

the bald Zeke

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a great value for the money in-ear headset up to 100-150 USD at the price range and I your need help.

My preferences would be:
- operating with Android, preferably with 3 buttons
- the closed the better, I don't want to listen to the outside noise
- great sound for rock and metal, no too bass heavy thou
- LOW CABLE NOISE, I really hate the "bumps" and noise coming from the cable hitting/scrubbing against my clothing!
- bigger drivers, for better sound - I'm not so sure on this...

- noise cancellation would be nice, but it's not a must.

Currently I'm using Bagis by Urbanears (this one) and I'm not really happy with them. The sound is okay, but the cable noise is just awful. The colder outside is, the bigger the noise. Also, the things are kinda slipping out of my ears caused by the weight of the cable. I miss the volume up and down buttons, too.

I really would appreciate your help on this, cheers!

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #3 of 13
  anyone?

Fyi, Android doesn't support 3 button remotes, they only work with playback controls and not volume.

But yeah, I'd take a look at the Fidelio S1 and S2 
smile_phones.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #4 of 13
See if you can find the Klipsch ProMedia In-Ear's.

It has a single button with mic on it, only playback controls (single click is play or pause, double click for song skip). Works on my Nexus phone.
The set themselves use similar drivers to the S4, so sound should be great for that price range. Cable noise isn't audible (from my experience)

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 13
Jays do have a 3 button remote for android with their A Jays five but the microphonics (cable noise) is a lot as a result of the thick flat cables. I will still go for the Klipsch Promedia earphones, still prefer it over Jays. The fit is so much better compared to Jays which always seem to fall out my ears.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 13
  Fyi, Android doesn't support 3 button remotes, they only work with playback controls and not volume.

But yeah, I'd take a look at the Fidelio S1 and S2 
smile_phones.gif

I disagree with that statment, the impedance used for the buttons are different, something like sony mh1c works nicely, but there's a huge price hike, I got mine at $30USD.

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #10 of 13
  See if you can find the Klipsch ProMedia In-Ear's.

It has a single button with mic on it, only playback controls (single click is play or pause, double click for song skip). Works on my Nexus phone.
The set themselves use similar drivers to the S4, so sound should be great for that price range. Cable noise isn't audible (from my experience)

Which Nexus are you using? I am using a Nexus 5. I had Klipsch S4A-I, I enjoyed them but somehow lost them. Now, I am looking for earphones again. Are ProMedia In-Ear's better than S4A-II? (by the way klipsch website says promedia In-Ear's are discontinued) Thanks.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 13
I used the Galaxy Nexus.
I've heard several times on head-fi that the ProMedia and the S4 use same if not similar drivers. The difference between them should be minimal, I think the remote is bigger on the S4A's but the differences should end there,

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #12 of 13
I can't believe no one has mentioned Etymotic. HF2 is designed for Android, Blackberry, and Windows. HF3 is designed for iPhone. HF2 have one button (function depends on app). HF3 has three buttons that function like standard iPhone earbuds (when connected to iPhone). Noise isolation is exceptional. Sound signature is neutral. I love the HF3 with my iPhone. I tried them with my Galaxy S4 and the center button is the only one that works with the music app (pause/play). Cheers... Brian

May 12, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #13 of 13
If anybody has earbuds with mmcx connectors, there are three options here that all work great with Android phones (play/pause/volume/mic, etc.):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746575/android-compatible-ahj-in-line-volume-control-cable#post_12576363

Users who are viewing this thread

Back