In-Ear Headphones with "sport" tip shape under 100$
Jan 4, 2017 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dropadred

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

I would like to ask you, if you know any good in-ears, which have similar shape as the Apple's EarPods have and all those kind of "sport" earphones have such as these or these (both are just random images, I do not know these, even tho the second ones just look like earbuds with different tip).
The reason behind this shape is I have some weird problems and classic silicone and even most of the foam tips feel really uncomfortable and one often feels like partially blocked...only one, which is possible to wear are really big ebay ones (large), but still, compared to the EarPods shape it does not feel like that - EPs are just insert and go, but normal earphones are insert, push to the very end, wait till the foam expands and chew to have them at least somehow fit.

If there is nothing under 100$, link me event the more expensive one, at least I will know, which direction to look at.

Thank you.

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 2
I reckon I can close this topic now. Basically the only in-ears I could wear were Apple's EarPods, however, they are unreliable, so...

- I ordered 4 different in-ears, similar in terms of a shape to EarPods, Philips SHE4205BK, Philips SHE3200WT and one of the OEM style fakes...well and EarPods, MD827ZM/A model (retail packaging) probably at least packed in 2017 (a sticker on the box had 2017 on it) and...
-- those baby Philips were ok, big ones were bad and those retail EarPods? AN ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!! I wonder, what have they done? I could noticeably feel rattling in the very enclosure of both phones - did they change a manufacturing process? They had to...absolutely impossible to even think about comparing them to two last survivors I have (one from iP5 and one from iP5S).

Fortunately and surprisingly one last bet, the one I was not counting on much arrived - Happy Plugs EarBud Plus (Plus is crucial, those are only of the EarPods-like shape) - sounds funny, but there is where the fun ends
https://happyplugs.com - yeeeees, they seem like a fashion company, but they deliver - I am happy, I did not need a lot time to asses this - I thought EarPods are my end game (for portable in-ears, normal plug-in style with silicone/foam tips are a no-go for me, they do not hold in my ears, they are uncomfortable for me...), but these guys are simply more alive and basically totally fine on the phone w/o EQ, which is probably the first time for me and if, then EQ in PowerAmp just gives that final touch.

At the end, I am very very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back