In ear headphones, wich one should i buy?
Feb 15, 2016 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

unknown master

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody, im looking forward to get a new pair of IE headphones, i've done some research, and due to my limitated options (because i live outside the US), the two better choices i have, are the sennheiser cx 5.00 or the shure se215. I want an in ear hadphone for a daily usage, mainly to listen rock and acoustic music on the bus. Sound, noise isolation and comfort are important to me. My two options have a very similar price and i can't decide which one i should buy, i hope someone who own one of this headphones can help me. Thank you for reading.
I'm willing to see your replies :)

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #3 of 6
What music types music will be listened to on these IEMs? And what sound signatures do you prefer? What is the budget? That'll get us started.
thanks for replying, i will be listening mainly to rock and folk music, i prefer something that can give me a very warm sound, with a great amount of bass (but not an overpowered one). My budget is around 70 dolars or less if you wanna make suggestions :)

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #4 of 6
SE215 sounds like it fits your criteria well. It isolates well, is very ergonomic and comfortable, and has a slammin' bass response. The Hifiman RE400 would be a less bassy alternative that also has a small form factor and pretty good ergos. A dirt cheap choice would be the spider realvoice but it may pose some ergo problems.
I also think that the se215 would be a great option, but i was just wondering if this shure headphones are good option for music listening (becuase they are mainly made for performing on-stage).

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 6
In general, the Sennheiser CX 5.00 headphones lead by example and are great for techno, loud volume, and rock. They have a wider frequency response, allowing you to hear lower lows and more brilliant treble tones. In addition, it has a higher sensitivity enables you to enjoy great sound at a louder volume. In contrast, the SE215s have a lower impedance, allowing you to hear much improved sound from digital audio sources such as DVD players, portable game consoles, and laptops. What's more, the SE215s measure up with an ergonomic design. Hence, the SE215s outperform for portable audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back