In ear headphones that dont fall out?
Oct 15, 2016 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Michael2200

Head-Fier
Hi, guys. 
Avid headphone user here. I've been using headphones for quite some time though I have started to think about getting myself some earbuds when biking or generally going about my day. The problem for me is that every single earbud I try refuses to stay in my ear. They are simply too big for my ear. Or have other design flaws. The only earphones that I can use which stay in my ears are the crappy Apple ear pods. My question for you guys is what earphones offer both good quality sound and design (something that stays in my ear). The maximum I would be looking to spend would be 100 dollars and not a dollar more (the lower the cost the better). And one more thing. I have broken almost every single cable I have ever owned, so BT or a detachable cable would be very very welcome. 
Thanks in advance!

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 7
The first rule of keeping your IEM in your ear is to clean your ears regularly. Even a little dry crust can cause the tip to beak seal with the ear canal, and slide out.

Cables that wrap around the ear is the next thing. That over-the-ear wrap cancels the cable weight, which is a BIG factor.

The Audio Technica ATH-IM70 is a neutral-warm IEM with a very smooth, organic sound. It's within your budget, and one I recommend to many people.

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 7
  Hi, guys. 
Avid headphone user here. I've been using headphones for quite some time though I have started to think about getting myself some earbuds when biking or generally going about my day. The problem for me is that every single earbud I try refuses to stay in my ear. They are simply too big for my ear. Or have other design flaws. The only earphones that I can use which stay in my ears are the crappy Apple ear pods. My question for you guys is what earphones offer both good quality sound and design (something that stays in my ear). The maximum I would be looking to spend would be 100 dollars and not a dollar more (the lower the cost the better). And one more thing. I have broken almost every single cable I have ever owned, so BT or a detachable cable would be very very welcome. 
Thanks in advance!

Get something with an ergonomic design, with the cable going around the ear. Any shell that kinda looks like Shure or Westone.

https://www.amazon.com/Fender-DXA1-Professional-Monitors-Transparent/dp/B01C5TEOCI

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 7
The first rule of keeping your IEM in your ear is to clean your ears regularly. Even a little dry crust can cause the tip to beak seal with the ear canal, and slide out.

Cables that wrap around the ear is the next thing. That over-the-ear wrap cancels the cable weight, which is a BIG factor.

The Audio Technica ATH-IM70 is a neutral-warm IEM with a very smooth, organic sound. It's within your budget, and one I recommend to many people.

I've looked around online but I can't find the IM70s anywhere (I live in Europe). I'll try to wrap the cable around my ear.  

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 7
  I've looked around online but I can't find the IM70s anywhere (I live in Europe). I'll try to wrap the cable around my ear.  

You can't just do that with any IEM, for the most part it needs to be one with the cable entry on top.

By contrast, here's one that goes either way. Even with an angle to the bore it still kinda sticks out.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 7

You can't just do that with any IEM, for the most part it needs to be one with the cable entry on top.

By contrast, here's one that goes either way. Even with an angle to the bore it still kinda sticks out.

Yeah, sad to say I realized that only after you posted your response. I guess we are all allowed to be dumb from time to time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back