In-ear headphones suggestions for Grado SR60s aficionado ?
Jan 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stara

New Head-Fier
Goal:To find in-ear headphones in price range up to €200 for personal listening produced music. Mic and support for Windows Phone 8 and Android is a bonus, not a must. What is a must is sleek, bling-free design combined with Grado SR60s like performance/euro.

Current headphones: Grado SR60s headphones at home and on the road I use either in-ear apple (old, no remote/mic) or Bose QCIII. Grado's I love, apple I have tolerated until now and Bose is ok for the purpose.

Equipment to be used with: Nokia Lumia 920 with Dolby® and built-in equalizer and/or ipod nano (3rd generation). Ocassionally Android tablet with PowerAMP.

Listening habits: From lounge meets acid jazz with dash of trip-hop to classic/retro rock and soul/electro thrown in the mix. Basically lot's of female voices, pianos, synths, saxophones, guitars, violins, flutes, strings, drums and cinematic ambience. Here's couple of examples, so you can get a better grip of what I'm talkin' about.

Shortlist based on various reviews and personal preference regarding the design:

Head-Direct RE-400 ~ €80
Vsonic GR07 MK2 ~ €120
Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII ~ €140
ACS T15 ~ €174
EarSonics SM1 ~ €200
Westone W2 ~ €220

Questions:

My gut feeling is that I will be happy with any above mentioned earphones, but what do you think, valued reader?

Is any/all shortlisted totally wrong choice for my prefered genres?

How about battles between price brackets, can a €200 earphones be value leader?

Any of these even remotely resemble Grado sound ?

Any other make/model you strongly feel makes better value proposition ?

Or is better suited for Grado freak ?

Or will end my love affair with SR60s?

For some reason I'm tilting towards DBA-02, propably because I'm associating the name with Aston Martin ...

Thanks for reading and now please cast your votes.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #3 of 4
If you want to buy IEMs which share close soundsignature with SR60i then Klipsch Image X10 are highly recommended because it offers warm rich soundsignature like Grado and has deeper bass with crisp clear mids, highs and sound very good with these genres music. The other IEMs like Sony EX7550, EX1000, JVC FX700(deep reverbing bass, detailed mids, extended bright highs and similar soundsignature as Grado with wide soundstage, highly recommended), GR07, Grado GR8, GR10, RE272, JVC FXZ100, FXZ200 and GR01 willbe great buy. But if you want extended bright highs with good detailed mids and bass then CK10, DBA-02, ER4P/S, B2 and HF5 are highly recommended

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 4
If you want to buy IEMs which share close soundsignature with SR60i then Klipsch Image X10 are highly recommended because it offers warm rich soundsignature like Grado and has deeper bass with crisp clear mids, highs and sound very good with these genres music. The other IEMs like Sony EX7550, EX1000, JVC FX700(deep reverbing bass, detailed mids, extended bright highs and similar soundsignature as Grado with wide soundstage, highly recommended), GR07, Grado GR8, GR10, RE272, JVC FXZ100, FXZ200 and GR01 willbe great buy. But if you want extended bright highs with good detailed mids and bass then CK10, DBA-02, ER4P/S, B2 and HF5 are highly recommended

I pulled the trigger on X10's on Amazon offer. Should get those puppies tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back