In ear headphones (Help me choose)
May 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

yjt93

CAUTION: Incomplete trades.
I'm leaning towards monster turbine the normal version, I want to buy on the Monster website to make sure it's legit but It seems like they only have the refurb version. What's different about the refurb then the normal?

What is the different between the normal version and the copper or gold pro? is it worth the price difference?

is there anything else I should be looking into?

my friend recommanded me this bose one

http://www.amazon.com/Bose--Ear-Headphones-Carrying-Case/dp/B000UVM0ES/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304270828&sr=8-2

My budget is around 100, but will push up to 200 if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

May 1, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 13
The refurbs aren't brand new and they don't come in a box/nice packaging.
The difference between the normal, copper, and gold versions are the sound signature.  The gold and coppers are also more detailed and just generally better than the normal ones, which is why they cost a lot more too.
The bose in ears give very poor performance for the price, although they are quite a bit cheaper now.  They also don't isolate very well at all and fall out of your ears easily.
You can look into Brainwavz M2/M3 headphones, they give great performance for the price and are under $100,  The Fischer Audio Eternas are also very good choices.  Those are all fairly bassy headphones, just like the Monster turbines.

May 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 13
What kind of music will you be listening to ? Genre and etc. 

May 1, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 13
so basically is it just a plastic bag with the earphones? like without extra earbud or the carrying case?

Also I listen to everything, but I like good bass

May 1, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 13
Yea, pretty much.  My friend got them, they did come with the pouch and a shirt clip but no extra tips besides the medium ones if I remember correctly.  I'm not too sure about the tips actually, but it's pretty much just the earphones and accessories in a bag.

May 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 13
Fischer Audio Eterna Rev1, Monster Turbine, Brainwavz M2/M3, Shure SE215. 

May 1, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #7 of 13
If bass is the priority...Monster Turbines (100ish on Amazon now or the 50 dollar refurbs of course) or the Brainwavz M2.  Best bets for around 100.  I was not a fan of the Eternas personally. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back