In ear headphones for iphone! HELP!
Dec 15, 2008 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Noya

New Head-Fier
I just got a new iphone looking to find in ear headphones with mic....so they should serve the same purpose as the headphones that come with the iphone except with MUCH better sound.
any suggestions about the Sennheiser ones??

Thanks
dt880smile.png

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 12
I just got the Nuforce NE-7M today (based on the review here on Head-Fi), and really like them so far.

I'm all about accurate sound repro, with a slight emphasis on the lower end (bass drum accuracy and resonance to be specific), and these definitely fit the bill.

Also used them on a few calls this afternoon. Awesome there as well.

I would buy them again (and may even buy another pair!).

Oh.....and my old pair was a set of Sennheiser CX300s. The Nuforce smoke those IMO, especially in the mic for the iPhone (I have a 3G).

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 12
I use my NE-7Ms when I am expecting to get calls on my iPhone. I have tried the Ety HF2 and the Shure adapter, and the NE-7Ms have been more satisfying, both for listening and speaking purposes, as well as a better buy. I never used the Apple earbuds set that came with either of my iPhones, but for call purposes the NE-7Ms seem to replicate their functionality, i.e., the button works for answering calls. I check my Caller ID each time the phone rings, and so use the screen to answer calls; but I just plugged in my NuForce set and confirmed the button works for answering the phone.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #7 of 12
Second what Pale Rider mentioned. I always check the caller id (business phone) instead of just blindly answering, so I rarely use the button functions (even for iPod use).

On the few calls I've done with the NE-7Ms so far, no one has said anything about call quality/problems. Used to get it all the time on the CX300s.

My next choice was the Ety HF2s mentioned....but you can almost get 3 of the NE-7Ms for that $, and based on the great SQ (in my limited use of them so far) with the NE-7Ms, I don't know if the HF2 would be 3X the SQ for 3X the price. However, the SQ of the HF2 and it's mic is mentioned as being great in that regard.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 12
Another vote for the Nuforce NE-7Ms. For $50, these things can be beat for sound and functionality. I've had the new Apple IEMs and Denon C551s and I feel that the Nuforce beats them both, especially in the lower end. When the sound calls for you to feel the music, they definitely make their presence felt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back