In ear headphones £100
Dec 31, 2007 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wiseman405

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
I originally thought i was going to have about £200 for a pair of headphones, but i am actually only going to have about £100.

All i am asking for is some names of headphones for me to go research my self.

I am into things like Foo fighters, Snow patrol, Razorlight, just general Rock and indie music

Would appreciate some help
smily_headphones1.gif

Tom

Dec 31, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 9
K im a newbie but here are my suggestions:

- Shure e3c or se310 if you don't mind In Ear Monitors that fit in your ear canal like earplugs. The e3c can be had on amazon for about £80 and the se310 £110

- Etymotic also do IEM such as the ER-6i

- And finally Ultimate ears do IEM such as the Super.fi 3 and the Super.fi 5 Pro

- I don't know much about high end earbuds but i've heard the Yuin PK1 and PK2's are quite good though they might be hard to find.

If you haven't heard of Headroom you should check their site they have reviews on different headphones and amps: HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 9
Right i have torn myself between the SE310 and the Ultimate Ears Super.fi Pros...

Reading on Headphone.com it looks like the SE310 is the better out of the two. I then went on to read trustedreviews.com, where in his conclusion he states they would buy the Super.fi pros....Now the difference in price is a few pound so that wont swing me. I do like clear sounds, but i like to be able to hear the bass....

Dec 31, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Basically all IEMs will fit in your ear sort of like earplugs.

Shure E3c - very comfortable but really rolled off treble. It makes cymbals kind of hard to hear. I used these for a couple years.

Etymotic ER6i - uncomfortable and has a major lack of bass (from what I've heard)

Ultimate Ears SF3 Studio - similar to the E3c, but with much better treble. It's not as comfortable because the posts are thicker. My girlfriend uses this.

Ultimate Ears SF5 Pro - dual armature IEMs with great bass and treble. Again, the post is thicker and it is in general a larger IEM, so it is not the most comfortable. This is what I personally use for portable situations.

q-jays - never heard them, but they cost about the same as SF5 and are also dual armature. They look much nicer and probably are more comfortable.

Jan 1, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there,
I originally thought i was going to have about £200 for a pair of headphones, but i am actually only going to have about £100.

All i am asking for is some names of headphones for me to go research my self.

I am into things like Foo fighters, Snow patrol, Razorlight, just general Rock and indie music

Would appreciate some help
smily_headphones1.gif

Tom

If you like rock, cross out those Etymotic (ER6i or ER4p)
redface.gif

Get the UE5 EB IMO
rolleyes.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #8 of 9
You will get as many different opinions as you get responses. This is audio - you will not get a consensus on *anything*!
smily_headphones1.gif

I like my Westone UM1 straight from my ipod, and I also like my Altec IM716 when used with an amp.

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 9
I vote for the SF 5 Pro. DON'T get the EB though (Bass is overwhelming). Clear ones are only $139.99 shipped.

UE Super.fi 5

If you don't like the over the ear fit then I would suggest the Denon AH-C700. They sound fantatsic and are on a huge sale at Amazon for $99.99 shipped (usually $200):

Denon AH-C700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back