In ear headphone disappointment
Oct 4, 2020 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Havoc99

New Head-Fier
Hello all.
Relative beginner here, please be gentle.
A long while back I had a cowon D2+ with some soundmagic in ear headphones which I was very happy with.
Life moved on and I didn't use this equipment for some time and sold it on.
I recently got back into the scene and having been happy with cowon products in the past I purchased a plenue D2.
I also purchased some soundmagic E80c's after reading they were very good.
Now I listen to jazz funk, soul etc etc and I only use FLAC files, so was rather disappointed on hearing the soundmagic E80c's.
The sound was good, but lacked that little bit of extra detail and ambience and that little bit extra feeling of involvement.
They were fine but not brilliant, maybe a little flat.
I tried adjustments within the cowon player which helped a little but I was still a bit underwhelmed.
I read that balanced (2.5mm) connected in ear headphones are the way to go and that this would give increased performance from the Plenue D2.
So I am looking for some better in ear headphones.
I have a budget of around £200
What advice would you guys give me & possibly some pointers about what to expect and what makes and models to more fully investigate.
Thank you in advance.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't know the soundmagic E80cs, but my 2cent on this are

1 I doubt that balance will make that much of a difference, especially at this price tag and

2 I have the Shure SE425 which I can highly recommend if you're not after mega bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back