In Ear Earphones for under 50 pounds or 80usd
Dec 27, 2011 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

afhstingray

New Head-Fier
I have previously owned sony EX71's, Sony NX1's, v-moda bass freq's, sennheizer CX300's. CX300-II's, and currently own a pair of sony EX300's. So this means so far i've only spent about 15-25 pounds on a pair of earphones, and i think these have been pretty decent. I listen to a wide variety of music, but mostly stuff from the 80's, Yanni, Andrea Bocelli, and trance/dance music from time to time. 

I've been thinking of investing in a more expensive pair, to see if it make a difference, so i reckon i could spare 50 pounds, or if there is really something exceptional i can stretch to 70 pounds. 

if i can get headphones of much better quality for the price i wouldnt mind getting those instead. 

im not really looking for super neutral monitors, as i dont do any professional mixing, so something that would suit the kind of music i listen to (i do enjoy a bit of bass bias) would be great.

im also curious about headphones/earphones that have more than one driver.
one more thing--i really hate Y cords, so a U cord (the one that goes around the neck) would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 5
It won't have the "thump thump" sort of bass that the cx300's have (often described around here as muddy or bloated) but will have good bass.  Lots of info in the triplefi10 appreciation thread so might be worth a read to see if you like them.  They very rarely drop in price that much over here in the uk.  Normally £250 odd is the sort of price that they go for.

Good luck.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 5
The Etymotic HF3, HF5 are very detailed(HF5 are very detailed and has extended highs) yet offers good bass response and they are well built. The other IEMs like  RE0, M4 are very detailed and serve all genres music well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back