In-ear/ear canal earphones under $250 with in-wire remote and mic.
Jan 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

keen2215

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I'm very new to this, so please bear with me with my limited knowledge on the earphones. 

I've just decided it's time to get a nicer earphones/earbuds for myself to use for mostly at work and commuting time.
After browsing around I think $250 might be a good price point for me. I listen to basically all sorts of music, but I'm also a casual bass player, so many times I find myself listening to the bass sound a lot. One thing I'd also hope to have is the in-wire remote/mic since I will use this on my iPhone a lot. 

I've just received an Audio-Technica ATH-CKS1000, and I'm finding the treble being a little too much while the bass seems to be weaker than expected. 

So my questions is: do you have any suggestion for me to think about as an alternative at this price point? I'm open to most brands, but I'll admit that I care about the look a lot as well.
Or, should I let the CKS1000 run for a little longer to see if things would change? An article I read from Japan was saying that after 200 hours of run the sound had some amazing improvement. 

I have a set of Shure SE215 sitting at home as well, so I'd appreciate some variety from your recommendations. 
Brands that I've been thinking: Audio Technica, Sony, Sennheiser, Denon...of course if you have some better suggestion, please please recommend! 

Thank you very much for your time, any comment would be greatly appreciated. 

-Joseph

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 6
You missed all the fantastic IEM deals around black Friday unfortunately. Westone 3's for under $200, Logitech UE900's for under $250. Give yourself some time to adjust to the sound, the SE215's are a very bass heavy IEM, you might find that you like the increased treble over time.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 6
Hello,

Thanks so much for the reply! Is it possible that you could recommend any other model with the brands I've listed from the first post? 
I'm really looking forward to an upgrade, but I have to say I'm sold by these brands' images and marketing materials lol.

Thanks again,

-Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back