In-ear, detachable cable headsets under $200?
Jul 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jaykayshay

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
New to community, please bear with me. I used the search function before asking this, but there were too many threads to wade through and none that I could find with my specific question. I'm hoping someone out here can help me out.

I used to have the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi really loved the heck out of them. Only issue was that the cable broke at the jack. I threw them away and currently have the Etymotics ER23-HF3. Also sounded great, but same issue and just a month past the warranty expiration date.

I'm basically looking now for an in-ear headset (with a mic/remote on the cable) that preferably DOESN'T go around the ear. I find it more comfortable to plug in my headset earbud style. The Shure SE215-Ks would have been an instant purchase if not for this little niggle. Needs to be under $200. I listen to a lot of rock and folk music, so I prefer it not to be heavy on the bass.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Not anywhere near your pricepoint but I really like my Koss IL200's, For some reason it took my ears a bit to get used to it, but they are very solid and I like them. I got them super cheap when office depot had their blowout, but they normally retail around $40. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 3
I really like the Xears 4Core and XPA2PRO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back