in-ear choices under $100
Feb 20, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 12
you can find the er6i's and the e3c's for ~125$

Feb 20, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 12
Great, thanks. I'm trying to return a favour to a friend who's I-pod phones broke. ER6i's look like a good deal but all in-ears are kinda hard to test before you buy.

Feb 20, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 12
I would say make sure that your friend wants in-ear phones. Personally, in-ear phones are a pain to use portably for me. They isolate sound too well; you can't hear what's going on around you. While this may be good in the library, I find it's terrible in most portable situations, because really you should be able to hear what's going on around you when you're moving around. Walking back and forth from class, or talking to friends who walk up to you... Also, ipod buds have midbass hump which a lotta non-audiophile folks prefer over a more expensive, cultured sound. Bottom line, be sure what your friend wants. Personally I'd recommend ipod buds or sennheiser mx450s, that is, if your friend doesn't want in-ear buds.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #8 of 12
if your friend wants canalphones buy him e2c's, if earbuds is your thing then try Mx450,Mx500, or Mx550. if your looking for some clip-on's then look into koss. they have some good stuff for cheap

good luck

Feb 21, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #9 of 12
chia-pet has me re-thinking if isolated types are the thing for my friend. Most isolated buds seem like a project to fit and my friend listens at work so he may want to hear the boss bellowing. There doesn't seem to be a lot out there in the NON isolating type for around $100. Most are cheapo's.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 21, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #10 of 12
How about the Sony E888? They seem to receive a lot of praise Head-fi and general online reviews.

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 12
If he's not looking for in-ear (or style), you can't go wrong with Grado SR-60s...

Otherwise I'd go e2c. I like those a lot.

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly
How about the Sony E888? They seem to receive a lot of praise Head-fi and general online reviews.

Thanks, these seem like what I'm after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back