In-ear 'Bang for Buck' with Fiio X5
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Scottyj11

New Head-Fier
I'm after some wisdom/opinion. There is so much information 'out there' and I'm looking for a little more guidance.

I recently lost a pair of Sennheiser IE8s and want to replace them

I have a large collection of lossless files which I run on a Fiio X5. I'm looking for replacement in-ears for good 'bang for buck' in the $200-$500 spectrum.

I like a balanced sound stage. I listen to everything from electronic/hip hop/jazz/classical/alt rock.
They should be durable to withstand my daily commute to work on bike and train

I have previously owned Shure and Ulitmate Ears (early entry level) and recently IE8s. Although, knowing what I paid for the IE8s, and doing a ton of research recently - I do wonder if they were GENUINE!??!

So my questions are:

What would people recommend pairing with my X5?

- Klipsch X7i/X11i?
- Shure SE series (where is the 'bang for buck sweet spot here)?
- Logitech UE900/400?
- Westone?

Secondly, I have seen good prices advertised on valuebasket.com (http://www.valuebasket.com.au/en_AU/Headphones/cat/view/7) and DWI (http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore/In-Ear-Earphones-C1297.aspx)

Are these legitimate sources? Or dodgy?

Many thanks for your input!

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 5

Wondering the same thing ... looking at Westone W40,  Sennheiser IE 80, and Shure SE 535. Going to purchase the Fiio X1 X3 or X5 also. 

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 5
I had the opportunity to listen to Westone W40 and shure 535, but not the IE80. I ave previously had a pair of IE8s. I also listened to the new RHA T20s, which come in a couple hundred $ less than these others.

Being significantly impressed with the sound, build quality and 4 year warranty, with its lower price tag i ought the T20s and am very happy with them!

I have an X5 and have never once regretted buying it! I imagine the second version is even better! Do it!!

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back