In Ear (130-180$) – Electronic Music (Bass)
Jan 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Keon

New Head-Fier
Hello, first of all, I know all these looking for headphones-threads might be annoying, but I spent quite some time looking for threads that could help me but didn't really find any–

I mainly listen to Electro (House), Dubstep, Drum n' Bass and other subgenres of electronic music, and the UE super.fi 5 seemed to have hardly any bass.

My budget is around 130-180$, if there is any great ones that are really much better, I might consider investing more and spending up to 250$. (just means I have to work some more, I am still a student. 
normal_smile .gif
)

On amazon (GER) the UE 700 are currently being sold for 120$, which looks like a nice offer when it comes to price/quality.

How is the bass on those ones? As I listen to Electro, I would really appreciate a good bass, of course while still having proper sound. (I also don't volume my earphones up till my head explodes.)
And are there any other In Ears that can provide me with nice crispy bass?

Thanks to all that bother trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

Cheers

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 4
Future Sonics Atrio M5 have one of the best bass responses in that price range but their form factor is big/ugly.  

You should also have a look at the Denon C750 or C710 which are very good for electronic music (I am on my 2nd pair). 

I believe that Monster Turbines are also renowned for good bass.

Or maybe Sennheiser IE8, they maybe out of your price range but perhaps you can find a good deal in Germany.

I am sure there will be more suggestions from others coming along shortly .

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 4
I can totally recommend the Turbine Pro Coppers, I don't think there are any better IEMs for electronic music, very clear and detailed highs and deep punchy bass unless you use the triple flange tips. I've seen them being advertised for as low as $136. Go try them out, I'm sure you'd love them. 
etysmile.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 4
I really like electronic music with foward mids and highs with lot of detail, and with tight bass and quantity does matter too much. In that case the UE 700 are great deal for around 100USD. You might wanna consider the monster turbines too altough I prefer the 700 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back