In doubt, once more. [Closed Headphone]
Feb 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add Sony MDR XB700 in your list, if you love bass.
They are the most comfortable headphone .
The build q/c also is very good.
The sound is great for that price.
I'm using XB700 with ipod touch and the combo just sounds great.

Not a real basshead, but I wouldn't mind some more then what my HD555 is offering. Not sure how my HD555's compare to the DT770's and the XB700 in bass.

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #17 of 38
[update]
I've just ordered:
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO/80 OHM @ BEYERDYNAMIC DT-770 PRO/80 OHM - Dutch International Cyberstore

Thanks for all the advice, I'll be sure to let you guys know my first experience with these!
biggrin.gif
I'll also decide whether or not I'm gonna keep my HD555's.

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #18 of 38
You could always consider the DT250 (80 ohms). Better midrange than both the DT150 and DT770 and bass isn't as prominent. Smoother treble and easier to drive than the other 2 as well.

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could always consider the DT250 (80 ohms). Better midrange than both the DT150 and DT770 and bass isn't as prominent. Smoother treble and easier to drive than the other 2 as well.

OP already made a choice. I think a good one, because he wants his music to be 'alive', which DT250 ain't as far as I know.

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #20 of 38
His suggestion was just an hour too late. I'm looking forward to try these. Hopefully they'll be there this week
biggrin.gif
(Shouldn't be a problem, thomann ship pretty quickly from my experience)

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP already made a choice. I think a good one, because he wants his music to be 'alive', which DT250 ain't as far as I know.

Oops. Must have missed that he already made his selection. As for the DT250 being alive or not, I guess it depends on taste. I certainly don't find them to be dull or boring. They just aren't aggressive or in your face. Enjoy your DT770.

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get a chance you should check out the DT660 as well. I have a feeling, from your description, that the DT770 Pro/80 won't be forward enough for you.

I haven't really looked at the DT660's. I'm pretty sure that I'll like the DT770's, but ofcourse.. only after trying I'll know the answer.
At the moment I'm definatly thinking I made a right decision not going with the AKG K271's. Which was a serious contender at first.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #24 of 38
Received my DT770's 2 days ago. First impressions are good. Needed to get used to pressure a bit, since I was used to my HD555.

The first noticable difference from my HD555 is ofcourse the bass. Will switch back and forth a bit these few days to compare the two. But I think this was definatly a step in the right direction for me. Watched the Dire Straits - On the Night DVD yesterday, which never ceases to amaze me
biggrin.gif

The sound in counterstrike source is pretty great too, quite impressive
biggrin.gif
Find it much easier to concentrate on gaming too with this isolation.

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by lweijs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my DT770's 2 days ago. First impressions are good. Needed to get used to pressure a bit, since I was used to my HD555.

The first noticable difference from my HD555 is ofcourse the bass. Will switch back and forth a bit these few days to compare the two. But I think this was definatly a step in the right direction for me. Watched the Dire Straits - On the Night DVD yesterday, which never ceases to amaze me
biggrin.gif

The sound in counterstrike source is pretty great too, quite impressive
biggrin.gif
Find it much easier to concentrate on gaming too with this isolation.

Good for you that you like them
smile_phones.gif

You can bend the headband outwards to relieve some of the pressure. Worked for me.
Leaving them at night on a pile of books or something, to stretch them, will also help.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #26 of 38
i like the dt660 more tham the dt770. much more detail in the mids and highs. the dt770 has weird hi notes but fantastic bass.

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like the dt660 more tham the dt770. much more detail in the mids and highs. the dt770 has weird hi notes but fantastic bass.

How does the bass on the dt660 compare with dt770? did you noticed a significant amount/quality in bass between the two?

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #29 of 38
The headband still is noticable after a while. I still feel the need to reposition it after some time. With the HD555's I could have it on for hours. It's just on top of my head that I feel it basicly, not sure why because it's pretty soft material ;x

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by lweijs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headband still is noticable after a while. I still feel the need to reposition it after some time. With the HD555's I could have it on for hours. It's just on top of my head that I feel it basicly, not sure why because it's pretty soft material ;x

I have that reposition more with the HD 555, than I ever had with the DT770 Pro.
Maybe it will help to have the headband at the back of your head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back