In Canada. I need a CMoy (kit or pre-built) by the end of this week.
Apr 27, 2011 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DaftMonk

New Head-Fier
Can anyone help this junior DIYer out? I was super ambitious (complete beginner in electronics) and now I'm realizing I'm in over my head – also, this is for a project, and it's due on Monday. I learn best by mimicking others, so having a pre-built CMoy or even a kit would really help me out! Enclosure is unnecessary, but acceptable.

Can anyone fulfill this request, or point me to someone who can? Canadian Head-fi'ers will be given preference due to faster/cheaper shipping. Willing to pay up to $80, ~$40 or less preferred.

Thanks all!

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 5
I would help you out, but your time line is too short. Even if I were able
to put a kit together for you today, the parts would get to me on Friday
and that would not leave any time to ship them to you. If you had given
us a full weeks notice it might be do-able.

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Perhaps pictures and schematics might be able to help him out? I could post pictures of mine if you needed them, but wouldn't be able to give you schematics or part specifications. Which I'm sure other MOTs or DIYers could do pretty easily for you. How are you wrt access to electronics parts?

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 5
If you're in Toronto, head down to Creatron Inc near College and spadina, or another store down the street on college, there's also active surplus on Queen street. Use google maps to find them. Bring the parts list with you, they have everything you need. The build is not hard at all. Just sit down and take your time on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back