In a search of best opened back headphones under 100 Euro - are there any good?
Nov 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mitadoc

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I just don`t have the guts to buy higher priced headphones.I read that the opened back ones are better for the ears beacuse of the less sound impact and the better soundstage.Unfortunatelly ,it`s hard to find good opened back headphones for the price which is my limit.
I would like to be the best choice under 100 Euro.I don`t mind if they are portable or for home use.I just care about the quality - built,sound,overall.
It`s better if the source is from EU,due to Customs taxes.Thus,I don`t consider Alessandro MS1 or Grado SR60/80i which are wonderful phones according to the reviews.Pitty.

Thanks in advance and my best!

Dimitar

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 8
what is your preference in listening music? what is the source of music (computer or ipod or something else)?

What do you expect from the new headphone? more bass or neutral sound?

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 8
My source is my laptop with Foobar 2000.Soon I will choose some Android phone,or Iphone.
My music preferences are rock and pop,sometimes classic.But mostly guitars and voices.
I prefer sweet voices,punchy fast midbasses and smooth and balanced mids and trebles.
Probably it`s not possible at my price range but I have to try anyway.
Are the MS1i near my preferences?

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 8
have you considered 7506? but they are closed ones. how about HD 518?
I own a pair of K240 MK ii (very similar to K240 model), they sound neutral. You have to look somewhere for punchy bass

I do not have any idea about MS1. In 100 Euro budget range there are only few options.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #5 of 8
I know 7506 but they are closed ones.Once I read that the closed headphones are not good for the ears because of the pressure they create.

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 8
So,nothing substantional under 100 Euro?
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back