in a search for a canadian retailer..
Mar 1, 2005 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

tsplash75

100+ Head-Fier
that can provide me with Sennheiser HD414 pads...

so far.. emptyhanded.

why?

a representative of Sennheiser Canada informed me that their new policy does not allow them to sell directly to consumers and that i'd have to deal directly with a retail store.

ok fine.. so where do i go?

next email suggests that i try london drugs or long mcquade, since i live out on the west coast.

so i send corresponding emails to the head offices of long mcquade and london drugs to make sure i can get them, before i go down to one of the stores. i make note that a representative of Sennheiser Canada suggested i deal with them, but i guess that didn't make a difference.

both retailers ignored my first email and then after resending my inquiries four days later, i get a reply from london drugs denying the ability to order parts for headphones and then i get a message from long mcquade promising that i will receive an email within the day from one of locations near me... which i did not receive.

so.. before i go crazy over this.. does anyone know of a place i can get the pads without dealing with any more of this crap?

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 13
If sennheiser pads is all you need there is someone at mall-fi sells a modded one for US15 shipped plus U$1.50 for Canadians..

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 13
i have a hard time spending 16.50US on a set of pads, when directly from sennheiser they cost 3.64US or something like that.

i am very capable of cutting my own hole and dying the pads and considering the exchange rate, paying someone about 10US to do that for me is absolute insanity.

i am really trying to find a brick and mortar store to deal with, so that i can pick up more than one set of replacement pads and not pay stupid amounts for shipping.

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 13
i was reading your sig and i noticed that your have a pair of eggos. how much in Can $ aprox did it come to with dutie. im wondering thid cuz im goin to be ordering a pair in a couple days once i can get the money together

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 13
no duty from audiocubes.. 99US. highly recommended.

the US/CDN exchange rate has changed since then, so it's tough to say.

125cdn is prolly a good number to go after though.

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 13
Talk to Sound Plus on Broadway at Ash, or Commercial Electronics on Burrard downtown. They are both Sennheiser dealers.

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #9 of 13
thanks.. i'll definitely try there, but i've become super frustrated with dead leads so that won't happen today. haha.

anyone have a place that is guaranteed to carry them or can order them in?

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras
thanks man im ordeing them right now

no problem.. glad i could help.
eggosmile.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #11 of 13
i finally got in touch with someone at long & mcquade that could help me out.

they sell the sennheiser hd414 pads (item no. 19545) for 9.95cdn. the price isn't anything special, but i believe it's still cheaper than buying them from the US and getting them shipped here.

anyway.. now that i have a source, i'll begin my hunt for a good dye.

Mar 3, 2005 at 9:16 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsplash75
i finally got in touch with someone at long & mcquade that could help me out.

they sell the sennheiser hd414 pads (item no. 19545) for 9.95cdn. the price isn't anything special, but i believe it's still cheaper than buying them from the US and getting them shipped here.

anyway.. now that i have a source, i'll begin my hunt for a good dye.

Good news to us Canadians, I might get a new one soon. Im also hunting for a dye, I've heard a hairdye will do Im not sure where to get one though.

Mar 3, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #13 of 13
is hairdye proven to work? without any bleeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back