IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #211 of 948
Halcyon is darker and bassier out of the box Vs PB1 for me. Not had time to burn either in yet though, so holding off on comparisons for the moment.

Waiting for my PB1....
but I don't find the Halcyon dark at all.

with Spiral dot and purple / green combination.

transparency, a lot of details, beautiful mids,perfect lows ..but they are always very personal and subjective appreciations.

best

Sisco

Jul 9, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #214 of 948
Still waiting for the Halcyon and EDP.

Jul 9, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #215 of 948
Waiting for my PB1....
but I don't find the Halcyon dark at all.

with Spiral dot and purple / green combination.

transparency, a lot of details, beautiful mids,perfect lows ..but they are always very personal and subjective appreciations.

best

Sisco

I should have mentioned I usually use black base / blue top on the Rah, so tend towards the basshead filters a little more. Will be trying some of the lighter combos at some point soon, when I have time to play with them properly.

Jul 9, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #216 of 948
Very nice combo..:)

IMG_20200709_180743.jpg

IMG_20200709_182243.jpg

Best

Sisco

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #217 of 948
:laughing:Waiting for my Halcyon ....
It is interesting, I have received my PB1. This UK post is beyond comprehension :wink:

This "UK post" is currently running at about 30% undermanned due to Covid-19, whilst still trying to provide a service that in terms of volumes, is far in excess of Christmas - all whilst trying to social distance with each other and our customers. At christmas, we normally have 15,000 extra staff - as of today, we have zero extra staff. We still have to take our leave, which means that most units are approaching a 50% absence rate. As a result, we are trying to deliver "more than" Christmas with less than half our normal staff. We are exhausted, with most of us working 6 day weeks and 8 hour delivery spans (normally we would cover a 5 hour delivery span & 2 hour preparation) since the back end of March. And, there is no end in sight. Additionally, we can only process what we receive into our network. Finally, Royal Mail are only repsonsible for getting your item to HWDC at Heathrow, after that, its out of our hands. Please in future, choose your words with more care.

Jul 10, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #222 of 948
This "UK post" is currently running at about 30% undermanned due to Covid-19, whilst still trying to provide a service that in terms of volumes, is far in excess of Christmas - all whilst trying to social distance with each other and our customers. At christmas, we normally have 15,000 extra staff - as of today, we have zero extra staff. We still have to take our leave, which means that most units are approaching a 50% absence rate. As a result, we are trying to deliver "more than" Christmas with less than half our normal staff. We are exhausted, with most of us working 6 day weeks and 8 hour delivery spans (normally we would cover a 5 hour delivery span & 2 hour preparation) since the back end of March. And, there is no end in sight. Additionally, we can only process what we receive into our network. Finally, Royal Mail are only repsonsible for getting your item to HWDC at Heathrow, after that, its out of our hands. Please in future, choose your words with more care.

thx for Explanation.
I do not want to argue, but for me it is still not normal situation, that so large company, which almost do not have any competition, cannot adapt to current situation.
Here where I live now (Germany), also were some problems on the beginning of COVID (when nobody knows how to react) with packages delivery and every package was delayed at about two or more days in compare to standard "old" time, but not only national postal service provider (DHL), but also almost every shipment company has adapt to difficulties and in peak of pandemic has return to old efficiency (under increased workload).
I do not have any charge to the people, which are doing their job probably on the limit of their possibility, but IMO reaction and adaptation of the company in general could be a lot better.
But as I said it is my opinion made by comparison how other countries has adapted to difficulties (some better, many not). Maybe it is wrong, because I do not know, how now everything looks like in UK, but in general almost everywhere is same problem, that national companies are slow with adaption to market changes.
So as I have written - I am still waiting on my Halcyon, while PB1 is by me already almost one week.

Jul 10, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #223 of 948
thx for Explanation.
I do not want to argue, but for me it is still not normal situation, that so large company, which almost do not have any competition, cannot adapt to current situation.
Here where I live now (Germany), also were some problems on the beginning of COVID (when nobody knows how to react) with packages delivery and every package was delayed at about two or more days in compare to standard "old" time, but not only national postal service provider (DHL), but also almost every shipment company has adapt to difficulties and in peak of pandemic has return to old efficiency (under increased workload).
I do not have any charge to the people, which are doing their job probably on the limit of their possibility, but IMO reaction and adaptation of the company in general could be a lot better.
But as I said it is my opinion made by comparison how other countries has adapted to difficulties (some better, many not). Maybe it is wrong, because I do not know, how now everything looks like in UK, but in general almost everywhere is same problem, that national companies are slow with adaption to market changes.
So as I have written - I am still waiting on my Halcyon, while PB1 is by me already almost one week.
Royal mail was unreliable even before covid compared to other curriers.

All other curriers in UK like, Amazon, DPD, DHL are operating as normal for a while now.

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #224 of 948
Royal Mail has been great for me during covid & usually are too. I'm on the edge of London close to a big route in so I think I am on a good route.

I sold a lot last few months and usually post out at 3pm and they have been in the person's hands by 10am the next day. Crazy. I find RM special delivery to be the best to use and I've tried a lot of couriers.

Amazon are running on a 1-2 day delay for me though.

I think Bob could do better at letting us know when we can expect things tho. I do appreciate he is very busy of course. I originally thought everything had been taken to the post office and posted together but I think they were done in batches.

When we got the mail back in June we all thought we would be in what was the 1st batch. That's why I couldn't work it out as I got the PB1 and thought the Halcyon had been posted at the same time. But I guess the PB1 was sent in 1 batch and the Halcyon is in another that has either not been sent or sent later.

If I know it's gonna be a few weeks that is fine & I totally understand the situation so happy to wait but when I am on tenterhooks and thinking they will come each day it gets old when they don't.

I know it will be worth it when they come of course.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #225 of 948
Important physical differences between the R2 PB One (Rah improved) and the R3 Haycion ... you can see them. The capsules are quite a bit bigger in the R3, I understand that for the Electrostatic Drivers and their converter.

If you put yourself after the Pb One, the Halcyons, you immediately realize that everything is open, and that the transparency is greater ... The more detailed voices ... you notice those changes. We are facing a different and normal sound, having changes in the configuration and concept between the two of them.

We keep doing more tests ..

IMG_20200710_170213.jpg
IMG_20200710_170115.jpg
IMG_20200710_170053.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back