IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #166 of 948
I know and I can't believe it can get better than this as stock. I only had it for a month before it stopped working late Feb and it was sitting around packed up for ages to return. I only got it back last week but wow. I honestly forgot how good it is. This is without the Rah as well.

Next few days I'll get 8 & 9 but also PB1 & Halcyon that's a lot to try out.

I didn't find out how the fidelizer upgrade went with yours. Would you recommend doing it?
I went with ultimate mod on amp8 which is not even listed on fidelizer. He said it is a money no objection mod. Meaning that it gets all best parts in amp he can get his hand on. Though what he mentioned it comes with diminishing returns and for steep price increase, hence he took it off the list.
I wanted best available so i went with ultimate anyway.
People who own both EX and Ultimate said they are quite similar. So it says something.
It improved resolution across FR and layering quite a bit. I am personally happy with it.
I would suggest to digest both amps at stock first for at least 100 hrs. And decide which one to send for mod. If you do want to go for a mod.

There is also equivalent main body mod that you can get too but you would loose warranty on the unit...

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #167 of 948
Cheers Skullar glad it worked out and appreciate the info.

The 220 is a keeper but I know in a while I'll want more so it is good to have the options to go further.

Did you ever try his roms?

Jun 30, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #168 of 948
PB One and Halcyon arrived today (in the UK). It's been a good day for audio.

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #169 of 948

Right, that's it - I'm jealous, and that's official!

Enjoy :ksc75smile:

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #173 of 948
@Jackpot77 is going to be busy for several days trying out all filter combos on both iems.
Lets just hope he uses 1 dap and stock cables or we will hear his first impressions end of august.

For sure lol.....but I’d be more than happy to keep you all waiting until then also if I had both.

12 hours on mine and yes I’m in the honeymoon period and still have not reached that sort of 50 hour ‘ughh’ Horrible but they have opened up a good amount. I recall with Rah I said that first day was magical, I’m guessing I’m there.

I’ve listened to all styles you know I like but currently riding on that progressive melodic huge soundstage and it is massive, it’s the depth and height that is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #174 of 948
I’m gutted I decided against Halcyon, It was my bad fitment issues with Rah that I decided to not own 2 pairs of the similar shell style even though I hated it I still needed this sound in my life and now I’ve figured out what my ears need to be comfortable I’m all like I need and want Halcyon.

Somebody post a picture at least.

Jul 1, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #175 of 948

Great news. The first sighting of a Halcyon in the wild. Exciting. Good to know they are out there.

@Jackpot77 is going to be busy for several days trying out all filter combos on both iems.
Lets just hope he uses 1 dap and stock cables or we will hear his first impressions end of august.

From re reading the IMR website I didn't appreciate that the dampers give a different sound I thought they were to stop sound leaking. So all the usual filter set up variations x3?

For sure lol.....but I’d be more than happy to keep you all waiting until then also if I had both.

12 hours on mine and yes I’m in the honeymoon period and still have not reached that sort of 50 hour ‘ughh’ Horrible but they have opened up a good amount. I recall with Rah I said that first day was magical, I’m guessing I’m there.

I’ve listened to all styles you know I like but currently riding on that progressive melodic huge soundstage and it is massive, it’s the depth and height that is phenomenal.

Day 1 was great. They took everything I threw at them.

Also I haven't got everything from this round yet but thinking ahead we should hear soon what Bob will be working on next.

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #176 of 948
Great news. The first sighting of a Halcyon in the wild. Exciting. Good to know they are out there.

From re reading the IMR website I didn't appreciate that the dampers give a different sound I thought they were to stop sound leaking. So all the usual filter set up variations x3?

Day 1 was great. They took everything I threw at them.

Also I haven't got everything from this round yet but thinking ahead we should hear soon what Bob will be working on next.

Spoke to Bob yesterday - think he's letting the dust settle for 3-4 weeks once all these units are delivered before anouncing what's next on the development list. Got an inkling what he's planning and I think people will be happy.

In the meantime, time to get back to the PB One and Halcyon. Initial impressions on the Halcyon are that is darker than I imagined, and the estats don't NEED good power but they do seem to like it. This is more source sensitive than the other IMR models I've heard so far.

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #179 of 948
It is reasonable to hear internet speculation?

Not my place to comment as it was a private conversation about a few things audio related (I've reviewed some of Bob's great in the past, and been speaking to him off and on since IMR launched). Just seems like he's got a solid plan about what he's going to work on next and a few technology based things he's currently "researching" for future models a way down the line (if they pan out - he's ahead tinkering with something!). Know he's really happy with the current models, so hopefully people will be able to confirm that as they drop into letterboxes over the next few days.

Looking forward to hearing more Halcyon impressions from others as they land.

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #180 of 948
Not my place to comment as it was a private conversation about a few things audio related (I've reviewed some of Bob's great in the past, and been speaking to him off and on since IMR launched). Just seems like he's got a solid plan about what he's going to work on next and a few technology based things he's currently "researching" for future models a way down the line (if they pan out - he's ahead tinkering with something!). Know he's really happy with the current models, so hopefully people will be able to confirm that as they drop into letterboxes over the next few days.

Looking forward to hearing more Halcyon impressions from others as they land.

I guess i need to review things then, he has never entertained any future discussion with me, completely ignored any points of discussion that try to explore the future to grab a hint of the future and answered everything else lol. I think the most he ever graciously mentioned to me was a new planar which became the EDP and then working on something good you will enjoy which should be the next model you're speaking of and these were based on audio chat points i made about what i do and do not like about IMR IEM's so far. I never also expect him to divulge in full or huge detail of his future plans, my questioning to him was more from the angle of i cant afford to purchase multiple sets and as the product releases all came at once and were potentially increasing exponentially i needed a nod to the direction of these are the ones for you so i could plan my funding to purchase them, especially if they are a low number release like PB One, Halcyon and Semper if that ever came to fruition. I also never expect you to divulge private conersations and i respect that hence my speculation questioning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back