IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #781 of 948
R3 Semper
Quad hybrid array
The hybrid array consists of 15mm Aten hybrid ceramic driver + dual electrostatic driver + Planar magnetic
Frequency response: 7- 70000Hz
Ship date November 2020
Pre order launch September 2020
Price £1100.00 + Shipping
Pre order deposit £300.00 with the balance payable month prior to shipping
Limited to 150 units and won’t be made again.
Although R3 Semper won't be made again but I assume there be a R4 Semper right? Also does anyone knows if there were R1 and R2 Semper before?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #782 of 948
Although R3 Semper won't be made again but I assume there be a R4 Semper right? Also does anyone knows if there were R1 and R2 Semper before?

R3 Semper was the initial proposed name.
It is now simply Semper and probably due to it being the first so no R1 and R2 Semper. There was an R1 the OG IMR, the R2 was the Aten.
That list says 150 Semper but only 99 are being made and probably not again.
There will probably be a new Semper iteration in some form or another and knowing Bob it will be an improvement on something we have not heard yet.

Here is all the previous models

https://imracoustics.com/collections/previous-generations

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #783 of 948
Aug 26, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #784 of 948
Just ordered the Semper 😅. The return customer price from Bob is amazing. How one earth can Bob sell a pair with electrostatics and planar at this kind of price. It's expensive but compared to other brands similar specs is simply amazing. Not complaining, please keep it up Bob.

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #785 of 948
Just ordered the Semper 😅. The return customer price from Bob is amazing. How one earth can Bob sell a pair with electrostatics and planar at this kind of price. It's expensive but compared to other brands similar specs is simply amazing. Not complaining, please keep it up Bob.

Don’t forget the Beryllium DD in supersized format and the ceramic piezo.

I already know I am going to love the Semper. I hope it all works out for you too. What are you coming from as a return customer?

Aug 27, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #786 of 948
Don’t forget the Beryllium DD in supersized format and the ceramic piezo.

I already know I am going to love the Semper. I hope it all works out for you too. What are you coming from as a return customer?
I was using the R2 Red(my first iem). It's already very good. I hope I can tell the difference with Semper 😅

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #788 of 948
you'll love the opus mia.
I like mine as much as the anole vx, trinity brass and others.

Thank you, I’m waiting to reach Info about shipping, I’d also buy Mofest Trio but I’d wait to receive Opus mia and sell other iems

I removed the mesh from the inside of the green filter on my Halcyon and using the black lower, opened the vocals to a whole new level! No veil and the mids sound superb!

Thank you for your feedback, I shared it with my friend that own Halcyon.

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #789 of 948
I was using the R2 Red(my first iem). It's already very good. I hope I can tell the difference with Semper 😅

I have not heard the Red but I am going to get it soon.

I can say the difference will be on a level of magnitude that your Red’s you will think came supplied free with something, it should be that good the Semper.

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #790 of 948
I have not heard the Red but I am going to get it soon.

I can say the difference will be on a level of magnitude that your Red’s you will think came supplied free with something, it should be that good the Semper.
This will the longest 3 months ever.....

Aug 27, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #792 of 948
Hi Guys, 👋

Long time Lurker from TX.

I hope you’re all doing well and surviving OK with Covid 19.

I’ve always purchased Noble & CFA, 64, Obravo. Among many others.

I’ve been looking into the specs of the Semper & Opus Mia.

Neodymium motors & internal amplifier. This doesn’t sound correct to me what does it actually mean and is it included within?

1. Neodymium motors?
2. internal amplifier?

To me the break down sounds as if ***1x planar 1x driver only****

It sounds as if it contains one or two drivers but not as expressed and described within the Opus Mia/ Semper. Has anyone opened these models to check?

It sounds a bit snake oil. Not trying to cause offence but it just doesn’t sound correct at all.
Has anyone checked internally to open one up to see what is contained within the earphone housing unit?

All I’m saying is please check. You may be surprised. I think.

I don’t want a barrage of abuse back but just stating the obvious. I’m not trying to be negative.

I’m 63 years old now and feel I have been around the block long enough

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #793 of 948
Hi Guys, 👋

Long time Lurker from TX.

I hope you’re all doing well and surviving OK with Covid 19.

I’ve always purchased Noble & CFA, 64, Obravo. Among many others.

I’ve been looking into the specs of the Semper & Opus Mia.

Neodymium motors & internal amplifier. This doesn’t sound correct to me what does it actually mean and is it included within?

1. Neodymium motors?
2. internal amplifier?

To me the break down sounds as if ***1x planar 1x driver only****

It sounds as if it contains one or two drivers but not as expressed and described within the Opus Mia/ Semper. Has anyone opened these models to check?

It sounds a bit snake oil. Not trying to cause offence but it just doesn’t sound correct at all.
Has anyone checked internally to open one up to see what is contained within the earphone housing unit?

All I’m saying is please check. You may be surprised. I think.

I don’t want a barrage of abuse back but just stating the obvious. I’m not trying to be negative.

I’m 63 years old now and feel I have been around the block long enough

Hello

I’m surviving all life has to offer.

I’ve always purchased very little and if I have purchased something I literally purchased whatever I wanted to.

No need to take them apart, removing the tuning filters you can see all the drivers as described.

Neodymium motors is the rare earth magnets on the DD and in a sort of coaxial configuration there is the ceramic piezo plate.
Internal amplifier is what is supplied by sonion for the electrostats.
Then there is the planar magnetic driver.

Certainly not snake oil and certainly correct.

I’m happy to receive any abuse one desires, it’s a kink I guess, some would say but I kinda like it.

I’m 40 years old and have not been around the block.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #794 of 948
Long time lurker.

posts in Trinity thread about IMR and steering clear...
definitely no ill intentions at all.

Hi Guys,

I’ve been doing some research on this brand and another model, and I stumbled across this, also I was previously a Trinity Audio Hunter 5 and can confirm there wasn’t what was advertised inside it. I’ve got to steer clear and stick with my trusted brands. CFA, Noble, 64. Etc.

Please take care.

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #795 of 948
Long time lurker.

posts in Trinity thread about IMR and steering clear...
definitely no ill intentions at all.

absolutely positively not negatively I’ll intentions, just “looking out for us” only!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back