Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 2, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #5,266 of 18,070
High-end flagship IEMS with a basshead tuning are rare, but those that do exist, are the crème de la crème, IMR Audio being the main company to recommend when it comes to truly punchy IEMS!

Their IMR Audio ELAN IEM is one of the deepest, punchinest IEM I heard to date, and it has good comfort, excellent performance ratio, so if you love bass, this review will surely come in handy for you.

Don't worry, it ain't basshead with no taste, and IMR Audio knows how to produce quality sonics, with empahsized bass, but excellent dynamics, resolution, and a wide soundstage. Comparisons and more info in the full written review~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/03/imr-audio-elan-lion-at-the-door.html

IMR-Audio-Elan-IEMs-UK-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-32.jpg
Great review George I did notice quite a few typos which could lead to confusion though. I totally agree with your review the Elan are my favourite iems to date. Keep up the good work

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #5,267 of 18,070
Great review George I did notice quite a few typos which could lead to confusion though. I totally agree with your review the Elan are my favourite iems to date. Keep up the good work

Hiii, thanks a lot, I should check it again for typos! Usually, all typos are caused by Google Docs's autocorrect feature, because they correct a word to something else as I write, and sometimes I don't see it... :)

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #5,268 of 18,070
That is correct. DM is slightly smaller in size. Between the two my preference lies with DM. Although Avalon seems to dig a little deeper in the bass department the mids\treble and overall tonality of the DM wins me over.
I'm so surprised with this! Know that DM was built to have the "best bass immersion" of the whole IMR catalogue its really surprised me Avalon digs deeper?
On the other hand I'm glad your preference lies with DM for the fact I'm considering it!

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #5,269 of 18,070
Thanks for this. Boy, am i looking forward to get the ACE. Same driver combination as Elysium. Realy hope he will ship it out in April.
I could not agree with you more and i still cannot believe we are getting it at the price we are😍

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #5,270 of 18,070
Sorry to go OT but could anyone explain to me how to end a listing in the classified?
Also while I'm asking how to do things could someone tell me how to reply to more than message adding more than one quote? Cheers👍

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #5,272 of 18,070
Sorry to go OT but could anyone explain to me how to end a listing in the classified?
Also while I'm asking how to do things could someone tell me how to reply to more than message adding more than one quote? Cheers👍
To reply to several messages at once you have to click « quote » rather than « reply » at the bottom right of the post you’re responding to.

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #5,273 of 18,070
High-end flagship IEMS with a basshead tuning are rare, but those that do exist, are the crème de la crème, IMR Audio being the main company to recommend when it comes to truly punchy IEMS!

Their IMR Audio ELAN IEM is one of the deepest, punchinest IEM I heard to date, and it has good comfort, excellent performance ratio, so if you love bass, this review will surely come in handy for you.

Don't worry, it ain't basshead with no taste, and IMR Audio knows how to produce quality sonics, with empahsized bass, but excellent dynamics, resolution, and a wide soundstage. Comparisons and more info in the full written review~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/03/imr-audio-elan-lion-at-the-door.html

IMR-Audio-Elan-IEMs-UK-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-32.jpg
thank you for your review, i enjoyed reading it.

found an error, subheading "value and conclusion": campfire elan

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #5,275 of 18,070
IMO bob either is sourcing the same CNT driver as campfire or its getting its hands on something better, truth being told, i thought of buying CA Vega but after using ozar and SOG mainly, i saw no need to buy anything else. Again, I’m waiting for zenith II but i have my cart loaded with a SOG b stock and a Avalon… just holding off since i have many expenses these days on my business

Mar 2, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #5,276 of 18,070
Ok, i know i know… this guy eh! I know i should read more about it, but i know we looooooveeeeeee to write about our impressions and opinions cause HECK, who else reads/listens to us, we are audio geeks

So… here we go…
I got DM, i love it, I’m trying to justify getting Avalon
So everybody with Avalon and even better: Avalon and DM (i will read the post already here) what you say? Is 16,300 mexican pesos worth spending on the Avalon? My heart say go, my wallet says “dude… seriously you’ve been saving for almost 7 months …

Mar 3, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #5,277 of 18,070
To reply to several messages at once you have to click « quote » rather than « reply » at the bottom right of the post you’re responding to.
R yes i understand now thank you for pointing it out its much appreciated👍

Mar 3, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #5,278 of 18,070
Is 16,300 mexican pesos worth spending on the Avalon?
No. If you really want the Avalon, I suggest you wait for a sale later this year and see if one pops up or look for a used one to crop up. Personally, I would recommend getting an iBasso IT07 instead (especially if you can find one used), which has the Avalon beat by a small margin in all areas.

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #5,279 of 18,070
Got my Dark Matter 4 days ago and I am confident to say that these are an upgrade from the BC. Bass wise they are even. The first thing that DM makes me noticed is the grand soundstage which is pretty amazing for a closed back. Next are the mids and how the bass really doesn't over shadows it. Vocals are clear while still hearing the massive bass. Treble is also more forward and detailed over the BC.

In general I can agree with that, although sometimes the bass seems to be more powerful on DM, which is a good thing.
The mids are the most suprising to me, as they're a lot more forward than BC. But there's something odd with them - there's some spike (can't really locate it) which makes them a bit shouty (not to confuse with harsh, as these are not at all). Rah had also more forward mids than BC, but they were silky smooth. Hope the mids on DM will settle down after some time.

Mar 3, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #5,280 of 18,070
My Avalon are just "landed"..... :L3000:
How is burn in process going on? People are asking for some comparisons between Avalon n DM if it's possible.

1646317348900.png

@Dobrescu George there is another small mistake regarding color.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back