Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 28, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #3,511 of 17,941
There’s a new “MEMBERS” tab on IMR’s website, under “Shop”. It’s probably linked with the Avalon and Dark Matter launch. I think we will receive a membership number soon, distinct from the discount code, and that’s what Bob was referring to when he wrote we would get something in our e-mail that would make us happy :v:

Jul 28, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #3,512 of 17,941
There’s a new “MEMBERS” tab on IMR’s website, under “Shop”. It’s probably linked with the Avalon and Dark Matter launch. I think we will receive a membership number soon, distinct from the discount code, and that’s what Bob was referring to when he wrote we would get something in our e-mail that would make us happy :v:
….
All current IMR owners will get a code by email soon.

Regards
Bob

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #3,515 of 17,941
Short description of Dark Matter from Bob: will offer the best of the BC and Astra combined :).
BC = Bone Conduction or Bass Cannon IEM !?

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #3,516 of 17,941
BC = Bone Conduction or Bass Cannon IEM !?
Should be Bass Cannon since the configuration is quite similar but with 1 Bone Conduction.
If firmed the way he described, likely my end game....

My current Bass Canon mate very well with my old vintage copper cable built years back when I was crazy about western electric. Analog sound at its best including Semper. Loving both now and strangely it just doesn’t synergised with the rest of the IMR, where all still using my bling bling cable.

Finding the right synergy at times is really challenging in this hobby. And hope this old cable will gel well with Dark Matter.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #3,517 of 17,941
I never received a membership number to look at the Avalon/ Dark Matter ? I am a purchaser of the Imr Rah/ & Semper.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #3,520 of 17,941
Im still learning my musical preferences to be honest or perhaps better to say, Im still learning what my ears like - Intellectually I would think that I would like something but then my ears seem to insist on other aspects !! :)
My tastes have changed for sure since even when I got the R1. But the main thing for me is that my expectations have changed even more. I wanted a fun bass cannon when got the R1 I wasn't expecting something that could take on £1k+ pairs but now we are rightly expecting big things and should be critical.

I will say that the Semper, Astra & Elysium have revealed stuff in music I didn't know existed. So I don't know what else is there to be revealed & how better things can get as we go further but I am already in uncharted territory.

Had another quick session last night and today and came to another conclusion / revelation
The Astra are 'reference' tuned IEMs !
If Bob had said that in the first place I would have had no complaints
I was expecting the classic bass head low end but got something else.
I was I admit slightly worried about the new ADLC driver for just this very reason...that the bass would be a higher quality, tighter and more qualified. On paper that sounds amazing but perhaps in some cases the bass of a particular song or album is better suited to the Aten / ceramic driver

Anyway, by 'reference' I mean - tuned to only give you exactly what is there on the recording - nothing added and nothing taken away. (Although the BC driver adds the sound of / space of / and feel of the room and a bit more as well)
the frequency response in and of itself molds itself exactly to what you give it !

Approaching the Astra from the POV of it being a reference IEM makes perfect sense to me and helps me to happily accept them as they are
We live and learn
EDIT: Yeah I agree - bass on electronic music with the Astra is exceptional - I would go as far as to say - It couldn't be better!
Im going to go back to the Opus Mia and observe if it does indeed suit bass OTHER than electronic music better
I kinda know the answer already but will be fun to try
Interesting and I do agree on the bass. It probably is reference because it gives you everything but doesn't seem to give more than it should. It isn't trying to steal the show. The detail and depth is a level above the Halcyon say which was superb already.

Jul 29, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #3,521 of 17,941
I don't think it has been sent yet. I haven't had anything.
I never received a membership number to look at the Avalon/ Dark Matter ? I am a purchaser of the Imr Rah/ & Semper.
Me too.

Now that is an interesting combo. Both are superb & funnily enough the thing that would improve each is a little bit of the other.
Agreed.
The cables were in my drawer for the past 8 years. It made all my BA sounded bad back then. Took it out when you shown me the link to PW (thanks for reminding me) rumoured to be using vintage cable or Cardas in their initial range and could be the reason why they sleeved it.
Semper is now in my ears listening to Ozzy while typing at the same time rejuvenating my old brain cells...lol

Jul 29, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #3,522 of 17,941
Me too.

Agreed.
The cables were in my drawer for the past 8 years. It made all my BA sounded bad back then. Took it out when you shown me the link to PW (thanks for reminding me) rumoured to be using vintage cable or Cardas in their initial range and could be the reason why they sleeved it.
Semper is now in my ears listening to Ozzy while typing at the same time rejuvenating my old brain cells...lol
Cool I love it when it all comes together.

I think this cable suits the Astra, BC & Semper very nicely. Seems to synergise better with them than the Mest2. Does mine have this as i was wondering what it is about it that makes it sound so good?

I've put my Mest2 up for sale and offered it without the cable too. Otherwise I'm tempted to buy a 4.4 version of it.

Also the combo of Ozzy and the Semper is a perfect match.

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #3,523 of 17,941
This is what @NellieG wants for me . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back