Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 23, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #3,481 of 18,048
mum listening to Giuseppe Ottaviani with my Soundpeats H1 and they are keeping me awake 😅

*EDIT* Nope it just finished. Sad face
If it never ended or batteries didn't run out I'd never sleep. I really need to sleep but there is something in the air and music is sounding too good.

Some random thoughts on the Elysium. I love them but they are the most fit dependent IMRs I've tried. Unless they are just right they are too bright and there is no bass.

When.in right they compete with the Semper. Took me ages to find the right tip but large sedna earfits or a size larger xelastec than use for the Semper, Astra or Mest. They are more fit dependent than the Astra & Mest2 but I don't think this is just a bc thing.

Jul 24, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #3,483 of 18,048
Man they both sound intriguing. I want to hear this double CNT set up but at the same time i do love the estats in Bob's creations. And double bc? What is that?

That is indeed a tough choice. Need some more feedback from Ozar & Elan owners & comps with Astra & Elysium etc.

I'm very positive on the Elan right now. I still need some more hours before making a final judgement on sound, but I think it might even take on the Sempers for my tastes.
For practicality it's fantastic. Perfect fit for me and it's tiny enough to carry with me at all times.
For relaxing in bed listening, I can turn to my side on pillow and the iems do not cause any discomfort :)

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #3,485 of 18,048
Was lurking but thread getting exciting, and some of us still on burning honeymoon with the new IMR. Productive Bob came in with another pot of tasty organic honey...wallet crying...lol

Well, BAU stuff in IMR journey.

These were the configuration he shared with me and hopefully no changes:
Dark Matter (I did share the confi earlier)- 11mm CNT-6mm CNT- 1x bc.
Avalon- 11mm CNT- 2x Estat- 2x bc.

Could be end game for some of us based on the SS/SQ description he shared.
Oh wow Avalon config looks amazing! I wonder what the crossover is between CNT & Electrostat? I have a question for UK buyer, do we now need to add on 20% VAT after the loyalty discount has been applied? If this is the case it makes a huge difference in price's!

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #3,486 of 18,048
Oh wow Avalon config looks amazing! I wonder what the crossover is between CNT & Electrostat? I have a question for UK buyer, do we now need to add on 20% VAT after the loyalty discount has been applied? If this is the case it makes a huge difference in price's!

Loyalty comes 1st then vat added

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #3,488 of 18,048
I must be doing something wrong in my math.

Price plus VAT minus loyalty is the same as price minus loyalty plus VAT.
Can't help you there - My mind also just goes pfwattt trying to work these kinda things out !! :D
For the Knight though it went - loyalty then + Vat = final price BUT during the process it looked like the opposite was happening +Vat then Loyalty = price o_0

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #3,489 of 18,048
I'm very positive on the Elan right now. I still need some more hours before making a final judgement on sound, but I think it might even take on the Sempers for my tastes.
For practicality it's fantastic. Perfect fit for me and it's tiny enough to carry with me at all times.
For relaxing in bed listening, I can turn to my side on pillow and the iems do not cause any discomfort :)
Many thanks. I have to say I love the look of the Elan. Ozar too. To rival the Semper in such a small shell is impressive. There are things that the Astra & Elysium do better than the Semper but I think the Semper is a better allrounder than both.

I have slept with the Sempers in but that was more of a couldn't stay awake listening to them & not really recommended.

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #3,491 of 18,048
Still enjoying the Bone Conduction drivers in the Astra but I have been wondering where the Opus Mia will fit in in terms of my listening enjoyments. Listening to the following cleared that up.
When the song really gets going the effect of 3D immersion gets a bit too much (although the clarity and separation of everything is top notch)
but listening again with the Opus the more grounded centred sound really suits this kind of music 'better' You have a more 'dry' less coloured sound that rocks - There is a more defined punchy clarity

I think that's what great about having a couple of IMR IEM's - You can really appreciate what their individual strengths and different approaches to music presentation are . . .
Unless you are NellieG of course who just listens to dance music :D (joking - sorry, couldn't resist)
Actually this is probably the rock equivalent of what our Dear Nellie so loves? :)

Anyway - Its a great song to test how well your IEM's handle complex sound
EDIT: Cant remember which song it was that prompted the insight but both are great for testing certain aspects
and anyway who doesn't like proper quality Viking Rock :)
Ps: you gotta listen for a couple minutes before it all kicks off

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #3,492 of 18,048
I think that's what great about having a couple of IMR IEM's - You can really appreciate what their individual strengths and different approaches to music presentation are . . .
Unless you are NellieG of course who just listens to dance music :D (joking - sorry, couldn't resist)
Actually this is probably the rock equivalent of what our Dear Nellie so loves? :)

Hahahaha but on the contrary, i also listen to electronic music 👅

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #3,493 of 18,048
Hahahaha but on the contrary, i also listen to electronic music 👅
:D That was quick . . . but why the pair of red pants next to 'electronic music'??

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #3,495 of 18,048
It's always red panty night....

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back