Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #17,807 of 18,041
Just bought pre-owned Enigma from IMR eBay store with my super old Zion credits (finally!!)
Let's see how they compare to the Seraph
I guess you did right by buying Enigma with Zion credits as it appears that Zion met same fate of Event Horizon. No more news of it. NaLe is moved from main page to the archive builds section too.

I guess IMR is not going to produce any affordable model going forward. Hope you like your Enigma...

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #17,808 of 18,041
Some time earlier you had said the
Detail and treble on Enigma + was not at par with ier-z1r.
What do you think about that now ?
Apart from stage how do you see the Enigma performing vs the 1er ?
Yes even with some Parametric EQ adjustments for Enigma+, the IER-Z1R offers some more details in high frequencies, but the Enigma+ are still convincing and enjoyable even if the sound is a bit less spicy... so I would say something like they are more or less on par.

Actually, after using Enigma+ for hours, returning to IER-Z1R is a bit difficult too concerning, all missing mid frequencies of the Z1R (particularly for men and female voices which are nearly to be set in the background and not foreground).
So apart from sound-stage width, the Enigma+ is comfortable, a bit on the dark side (no sibilance and hisses at all in any cases) and not a really oriented to a Harman Tuning Frequencies response like IER-Z1R => like a different flavour for me.

As far as I remember when I had Z1R, the mids were indeed recessed but it has very good bass and treble. I don't remember that it had a very wide soundstage (at least not more than Enigma but I might be mistaken). Anyway, I never liked Z1R because it is a heavy and big IEM. It was impossible for me to have a good fit but that's a different story
Enigma on the other hand reproduces marvellously well the mids. It is by far the best IEM I have used to listen to vocals. I'm listening to music with Enigma much more than before and rediscovering my playlist
For me, with Silicon tips (like AZLA SednaEarfit MAX ASMR ) the IER Z1R are really comfortable, (though they stay a bit too bulky for side sleepers like me) and they are probably the nearest to open headphone tuning results of all IEM available on the market I used till now.
But, I think the Enigma+ has a very different musical tuning which seems to be worth to listen too.

Maybe in a year or so, I will be returning again to 100% using the IER-Z1R, but this last month I used at 80% the Enigma+ and really enjoy it more and more a lot.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #17,812 of 18,041
Anyone know why Enigma come with the older copper cable rather than the Pro one?
I can't answer that, but if you want a 4.4mm of the Pro, I've got one on the classifieds.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #17,813 of 18,041
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #17,815 of 18,041
Anyone know why Enigma come with the older copper cable rather than the Pro one?
Email bob and say u got given wrong cables
It SHOULD come with pro cables
Mine did
And i emailed bob before he sent them out asking what cables we r getting and he said pro

If you bought it used or from ebay he might had made a different bundle hence the better discount

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #17,816 of 18,041
The pro cables come with Enigma+. Enigma comes with copper cable

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #17,818 of 18,041
Email bob and say u got given wrong cables
It SHOULD come with pro cables
Mine did
And i emailed bob before he sent them out asking what cables we r getting and he said pro

If you bought it used or from ebay he might had made a different bundle hence the better discount
I don't use IMR stock cables anyway.
I was just asking to see if it is a synergy thing.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #17,820 of 18,041
Nope. Bob has genuinely run off with our money this time.
Sorry to hear that you haven't received your zion yet. But this statement:"Bob has genuinely run off with our money this time"
is not entirely true. NaLe and Enigma have been delivered as far as I know.
However, there is no news on Zion and EH. I have no hope for EH, but still think zion should be delivered.

Yes, it is true that Bob still owes money for Zion and EH and he must honor any refund request with promptness if he has not done it already.
Hope those who have ordered Zion and EH get their money back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back