Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 1, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #17,491 of 18,541
Plutus Beast arrived. Do I like them? Sure. Am I wowed? Not really. For the price, yes, they are excellent, but the BASN Mix-PD that I got last month, and which is $10 less, seems a little better. The Beast don't quite have the rumble I was expecting, but I suppose burn in may do something.

If I had to guess now, I'd say there's a good chance I send them back to Amazon.

photo_2024-03-01_15-44-59.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #17,492 of 18,541
Plutus Beast arrived. Do I like them? Sure. Am I wowed? Not really. For the price, yes, they are excellent, but the BASN Mix-PD that I got last month, and which is $10 less, seems a little better. The Beast don't quite have the rumble I was expecting, but I suppose burn in may do something.

If I had to guess now, I'd say there's a good chance I send them back to Amazon.

I'm curious what you expected for 90 bucks? The reason I ask is that you say you're going to return them. But for what reason? Are they defective? Did Amazon advertise them inaccurately? Just because you found another IEM that you like better doesn't mean that these aren't good IEMs or that somehow Amazon should be responsible for your purchase.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #17,493 of 18,541
I'm curious what you expected for 90 bucks? The reason I ask is that you say you're going to return them. But for what reason? Are they defective? Did Amazon advertise them inaccurately? Just because you found another IEM that you like better doesn't mean that these aren't good IEMs or that somehow Amazon should be responsible for your purchase.
The beauty of being a Prime member. Free returns, brother!

If they don't offer anything different than what I already have, I'm not likely to hold on to them.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #17,494 of 18,541
The beauty of being a Prime member. Free returns, brother!

If they don't offer anything different than what I already have, I'm not likely to hold on to them.
Prime goes up every year. Ever wonder why?

If you don't like them, sell them.

Mar 2, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #17,495 of 18,541

Do some tip rolling.
When the fit is right I believe you will experience the Bass effect I was speaking about. Also the IEM itself needs to touch your ear or else you won't experience the BC rumble.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #17,496 of 18,541

Prime goes up every year. Ever wonder why?

If you don't like them, sell them.

I am sorry, I couldn't stop myself to post on your comment. I don't understand why @Zeppmeister has to sell the IEM instead of returning them if he is eligible as per his subscription. I don't think returing items by someone is the reason of spike in Amazon Prime subscription fee. This is how online business work. There is no way the OP is able to check the product without ordering them first.
And IMR has the same policy of returing the item within a month of delivery if the buyer does not like it or happy with it. There is nothing wrong to return the item as long as it meets the return criteria set by the seller.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #17,497 of 18,541
Do some tip rolling.
When the fit is right I believe you will experience the Bass effect I was speaking about. Also the IEM itself needs to touch your ear or else you won't experience the BC rumble.
Just wondering if you have any picture available which can help to identify where the IEM should touch the ear to get the maximum of BC drivers.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #17,498 of 18,541
Just wondering if you have any picture available which can help to identify where the IEM should touch the ear to get the maximum of BC drivers.
All you need to do is find an eartip which allows you to insert the nozzle deep enough into the auditory meatus. In this fashion the IEM sides will touch the Concha, Tragus and maybe the Antitragus depending on the size of your ears
1709361463032.png

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #17,499 of 18,541
Do some tip rolling.
Yeah, I'll play around with it. As an Elan+ owner (and the Elan), I've found ways to make the BC work best.

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #17,501 of 18,541
I commented a while back about sibilance issues and challenged the idea that they were coming from the MEMS and not BAs (comparing seraph to enigma). Well I will eat my words because I'm finding the enigma sibilant with vocals which is a shame. Running grey tubes and red filters.

Not abandoning the idea that both BAs and AMT could be the cause but...deduction or whatever.

"S" irritating on some tracks - especially female vocals and hip hop mastering. What a shame.

Anyone else?

Edit: just put black filters on and sounds really metallic with weird, spikey treble. Have been looking online about MEMs burn in and coming up with nothing.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #17,502 of 18,541
Nope.

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #17,503 of 18,541
I commented a while back about sibilance issues and challenged the idea that they were coming from the MEMS and not BAs (comparing seraph to enigma). Well I will eat my words because I'm finding the enigma sibilant with vocals which is a shame. Running grey tubes and red filters.

Not abandoning the idea that both BAs and AMT could be the cause but...deduction or whatever.

"S" irritating on some tracks - especially female vocals and hip hop mastering. What a shame.

Anyone else?

Edit: just put black filters on and sounds really metallic with weird, spikey treble. Have been looking online about MEMs burn in and coming up with nothing.
Yes I have faced similar issues with th enigma +.
Here's my previous post

"Treble trouble for instance:
" Dancing in Stilletoes in the snow"
The s sound like a zzz
"Danzzing in ztilletoeZz in ze znow"
😂😂😂😂
Not sure if this is more or less treble.
This is very audible with gold and blue upper.
Very audible with eros s."

Once I switched to tangzu sancai wide bore tips from azla this sibilance problem has disappeared.

The Enigma+ sounds great withmany filter combinations.
I am trying black + purple now.

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #17,504 of 18,541

Anyone else?

I think there are no BAs in Enigma.

If the majority does not report sibilance then it could be the recording.
Maybe if you ABed the same track with another high end IEM?

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #17,505 of 18,541
Just managed to get a pair of used Ozar from someone on ebay. Comments that I came across commended the set for the bass. These now join my pairs of R1 Zeniths and Dawn in my IMR collection. If anyone has them in their collection, can you let me know your thoughts on the Ozar? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back