Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 23, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #16,594 of 18,198
Now call me cynical if you want, but far too many coincidences for me. I don't see why they had to play that game and not refund immediately as if they had done so, they wouldn't have got the negative ebay feedback they now have from me. Very sad that a company acts this way.
Very strange behaviour.

Jan 23, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #16,595 of 18,198
A bit of an update with regards to the used set I bought from IMR from ebay. It arrived quickly and sounded great, but unfortunately they didn't fit in my ears and part of the shell was causing too much pain to use them. So I sent them back via one of Ebay's return labels (RM tracked). Now this is where the story just gets weird!

The RM tracking showed that it was delivered on the 18th and within hours, the same model (Elan+) was relisted on their ebay store. I sent them two messages asking for an update on the refund over the next few days and got no reply until yesterday. At 11:18hrs, that new listed was removed from sale by IMR and three minutes later I got a message from Brandon saying that they were "trying to locate" my parcel and asking for the tracking number. A few messages went back and forward with the last from Brandon saying he was going to knock on a few doors to see if it had been delivered to others and would get back to me shortly. That was at 14:45hrs and nothing after that.

Luckily, the time limit for them to refund passed and I was able to ask ebay to step in which they did swiftly and refunded immediately. But that isn't where the story ends! They have now listed a pair of open back Elan+ on their store. Amazingly, there are quite a few similarities to what I sent them back! They have the black filters on them which I left on them, the spare filters are in the exact positions that I sent them back in. Probably most telling though is that they have photographed it with the Dark Matter instructions which they sent with my Elan+ instead of the correct instructions.

Now call me cynical if you want, but far too many coincidences for me. I don't see why they had to play that game and not refund immediately as if they had done so, they wouldn't have got the negative ebay feedback they now have from me. Very sad that a company acts this way.
Fraudulent behaviour all over again.
Now we are all going to have to think twice before buying from the ebay store too.
I did see the negative feedback description. Was a bit of a shocker since the ebay store was the only functional wing of IMR for quite a while.

Atleast you got your money back. That's something.

Jan 23, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #16,596 of 18,198
The RM tracking showed that it was delivered on the 18th and within hours, the same model (Elan+) was relisted on their ebay store.
You bought an 'Open back' Elan+ ?
or is the current listing different from yours

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #16,598 of 18,198
A bit of an update with regards to the used set I bought from IMR from ebay. It arrived quickly and sounded great, but unfortunately they didn't fit in my ears and part of the shell was causing too much pain to use them. So I sent them back via one of Ebay's return labels (RM tracked). Now this is where the story just gets weird!

The RM tracking showed that it was delivered on the 18th and within hours, the same model (Elan+) was relisted on their ebay store. I sent them two messages asking for an update on the refund over the next few days and got no reply until yesterday. At 11:18hrs, that new listed was removed from sale by IMR and three minutes later I got a message from Brandon saying that they were "trying to locate" my parcel and asking for the tracking number. A few messages went back and forward with the last from Brandon saying he was going to knock on a few doors to see if it had been delivered to others and would get back to me shortly. That was at 14:45hrs and nothing after that.

Luckily, the time limit for them to refund passed and I was able to ask ebay to step in which they did swiftly and refunded immediately. But that isn't where the story ends! They have now listed a pair of open back Elan+ on their store. Amazingly, there are quite a few similarities to what I sent them back! They have the black filters on them which I left on them, the spare filters are in the exact positions that I sent them back in. Probably most telling though is that they have photographed it with the Dark Matter instructions which they sent with my Elan+ instead of the correct instructions.

It's called cashflow problems. 1. They really just need to be honest and transparent with their customers (that's all of us).
2. It does show signs of life.... Hope springs eternal..

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #16,602 of 18,198
No, it was a closed back elan+, but its only two screws to change the back plate into an open one wouldn’t it. It also makes A big deal of it being 1 of 1 which I assume means that no others have ever been made.
wrong actually well i could b wrong but he had this debate years ago with the ace
The ace was suppose to b open back just likw that elan+ openback

But on the ace if u removed the two screws and bar its not open
So i would assume the elan+ is the same
So the top shell is different imo

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #16,603 of 18,198
wrong actually well i could b wrong but he had this debate years ago with the ace
The ace was suppose to b open back just likw that elan+ openback

But on the ace if u removed the two screws and bar its not open
So i would assume the elan+ is the same
So the top shell is different imo
Edp ace as it was intended indeed had to have an additional open faceplate. But elan+ not. Open version poped up on imr ebay page but there were just a few peices.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #16,604 of 18,198
Got my first set of IMR earphones.
Bought a used pair of BC 2023 and am enjoying it so far.
It was burned in for >400 hours, so that's not an issue.
I love me some bass, so this tuning is right up my alley!
Back to the tunes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back