Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 12, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #16,231 of 18,013
Nice Desktop DAC/AMP at a ridiculous price (Fiio K11). You can even A/B different sets at the same time.
20240112_134634_HDR.jpg

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #16,233 of 18,013
For the members of this thread £75 discount on Semper I have for sale x

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #16,236 of 18,013
Jan 12, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #16,237 of 18,013
Any reason you're finally selling up the Semper, Jon?
A few reasons really . . . My ears are a bit knackered due to health issues, & will be that way for a while so Ive been gravitating more to Headphones of late
I could do with paying off a few bits and bobs.
Although they are stunning I don't listen to music as much these days as I used to and I have a great specific set of Elan+ which ticks all the boxs for me.
From the opposite POV! I have such a high threshold for audio perfection I will never be able to afford the type of money I would need to spend to get a truly 'end-game' level of IEM so...

I was listening to the original 1980's Beyerdynamic DT880 today (not the dreadful modern version ) - The one they said equals the Staxs headphones of that time !!! and was pretty blown away TBH - Very EST type of treble and just a profoundly natural and realistic timbre and vocal presentation that kept me listening for hours so I have the quality in reality of audio when I need it :)

www.head-fi.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #16,238 of 18,013
Hey old friends, I'm happy to drop in for a little visit - It's a nice community here where I've made a quite a few "audio friends"
My wife and I are headed off to Mexico in a few weeks, starting with a week in Mexico City and Queretaro before heading south and beach side in Cancun for aweek. I'm so excited to finally meet our buddy @AlexCBSN and dine in his new restaurant in Mexico City! Really looking forward Alex.

On another note, one of my all time favorite IEMS was the OG EDP and said many times that I would never sell it. Well, I had it twice, sold it twice and regretted it twice so I'm so pleased to have had the chance to repurchase it - 3 times lucky! I'm not selling this one. The last one I offloaded to make room the EDP ACE - in hopes it would trump the original but me and it never got along with the shadow of the OG hanging over, so I'm so happy to get my hands on this nostalgia buy.

Trust you are all well.

Heaps of blessings on you.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #16,239 of 18,013
Hey old friends, I'm happy to drop in for a little visit - It's a nice community here where I've made a quite a few "audio friends"
My wife and I are headed off to Mexico in a few weeks, starting with a week in Mexico City and Queretaro before heading south and beach side in Cancun for aweek. I'm so excited to finally meet our buddy @AlexCBSN and dine in his new restaurant in Mexico City! Really looking forward Alex.

On another note, one of my all time favorite IEMS was the OG EDP and said many times that I would never sell it. Well, I had it twice, sold it twice and regretted it twice so I'm so pleased to have had the chance to repurchase it - 3 times lucky! I'm not selling this one. The last one I offloaded to make room the EDP ACE - in hopes it would trump the original but me and it never got along with the shadow of the OG hanging over, so I'm so happy to get my hands on this nostalgia buy.

Trust you are all well.

Good for you. I saw it come up for sale but honestly I can't see how it would be any better than the Ace for my ears. I love the Ace and I hope you'll love the OG just as much. Glad to have you back in the fold.

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #16,240 of 18,013
Good for you. I saw it come up for sale but honestly I can't see how it would be any better than the Ace for my ears. I love the Ace and I hope you'll love the OG just as much. Glad to have you back in the fold.
Rocking the EDP Ace at the moment LOVE it never had a chance to hear the original though
IMG_20240112_162336~2.jpg

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #16,241 of 18,013

Trust you are all well.

Enjoy your holiday and meeting top Dude @AlexCBSN who's steered me towards some top iems

Jan 12, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #16,242 of 18,013
On another note, one of my all time favorite IEMS was the OG EDP and said many times that I would never sell it. Well, I had it twice, sold it twice and regretted it twice so I'm so pleased to have had the chance to repurchase it - 3 times lucky! I'm not selling this one.
Told you! :p

But I'm glad you've managed to find another unit to grab. Don't let go of it this time or I'll make fun of you.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #16,243 of 18,013
Told you! :p

But I'm glad you've managed to find another unit to grab. Don't let go of it this time or I'll make fun of you.
Yeah, you said it just like this "You'll regret it" and man you were right. I think it might be kind of fun to get made fun of by you, but sorry man I'm not going to let it happen over this one. 😂

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #16,244 of 18,013

It will be amazing to meet and share some amazing time, my girlfriend and I will take you to a couple of places.

On the audio visit I hope we can share some thoughts and gear hehehe. I actually have a brand new edp og still in a box. From the times when I bought 2 units from the same unit cause wanted to help our dear friend. Any who, will be seeing you down here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back