Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 11, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #16,216 of 18,013
That was exactly my feeling about many IMR models like old EDP, Avalon and Seraph, that I was missing treble and air very much. Cymbals and high hats were very muffled, the least to have that problem was Avalon. Now I am really enjoying the UM mest2 and its refined airy sound. But I guess it is just a matter of taste, some people just love the imr tuning. And it also depends of what kind of music you hear or what gear are you using. I remember how nice the Seraph was listening to acoustic music or jazz but very disappointing with rockish stuff, so for a metal head like me it was not the best thing.
Agree. I'm going to have test some rockish stuff.
For me guitar and vocals sounded better on seraph than on mest mk2

Jan 11, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #16,217 of 18,013
That was exactly my feeling about many IMR models like old EDP, Avalon and Seraph, that I was missing treble and air very much. Cymbals and high hats were very muffled, the least to have that problem was Avalon. Now I am really enjoying the UM mest2 and its refined airy sound. But I guess it is just a matter of taste, some people just love the imr tuning. And it also depends of what kind of music you hear or what gear are you using. I remember how nice the Seraph was listening to acoustic music or jazz but very disappointing with rockish stuff, so for a metal head like me it was not the best thing.
The airiness was a new concept for me thanks to mest
All my other iems are imrs.

Jan 11, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #16,218 of 18,013
That was the reason I have returned my Elan+
Everything was fine - as I was thinking back then - but cymbals and high hats were sounding like from an old cassette.

After I got my 64 Audio Volür I realized what High End on an IEM means...

On another note, tonight my IMR Dawn will complete 216 hours of burn-in and I must say they are really fun and enjoyable to listen to! Unbelievable soundstage, instrument separation, treble and bass for such a tiny IEM!

I am really happy for IMR's gift - I haven't paid anything for them :)
Kind of unfair to compare the volur with IMR . Plus we now know Elan + used cheap drivers . Not sonion if I can recall.

Volur is top of the line, I assume very few better in the iem.world ?

I'm surprised dawn sounds so good wasn't it 30 usd a piece from the Chinese oem ? Fantastic that they made something so good so cheap.

Jan 11, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #16,220 of 18,013
What cable did you use with Seraph?

Jan 11, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #16,221 of 18,013
Talking of cables I had a beautiful bespoke cable made for the Oriveti OD200 turns out it's not a great pairing but.. Man the IMR BC(23) sounds amazing with it
IMG_20231223_093747.jpg

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #16,223 of 18,013
My friends in Russia transformed Diana Abyss superconductor cable for the iem. They said and all who listened to it, that it's a revolution. Now I'm waiting for it. It's interesting how it will sound with enigma.

Talking of cables I had a beautiful bespoke cable made for the Oriveti OD200 turns out it's not a great pairing but.. Man the IMR BC(23) sounds amazing with it IMG_20231223_093747.jpg

It looks really lovely

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #16,225 of 18,013
Elan+ the fastest bass, more sub bass than mid. With the silver cable they are really sparkling and the lightest among these three. They are more monitor like, sound stage is the closest. Perfect for electronic music, not forgiving bad recordings - metal as an example, only good recs sounds well.
Avalon have slightly more relaxed bass, more mid bass but less sub than Elan+. Holographic sound and overall larger sound stage, than other two. Forgiving bad recordings, good if you are treble phobic. Treble are really detailed, but not accented. Slightly darker than Elan+ and more analogic. As well as Elan+ I get the best sound for my ears with the silver cable. Because of the balance between all the frequencies. Good for jazz, orchestral and chamber music or an old rock and bad recorded metal.
Dark Matter are similar to Avalon, but more focused on mid range. Treble are simpler. Good for the folk and blues.
Do you think Elan+ got enough bass for genres like House, Trance etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back