Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 8, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #16,187 of 18,013
I did enjoy the down time thank you. I hope you also had a very enjoyable one.

The reason for the change is we now use a different brand of conduction motor, same effect just not sonion.

The rebuilds are finished on the 16th and start packing to ship on the 17th.

We have the first batch of Enigmas out the door and the 2nd lot are going out the same time as the Na-Le rebuilds.

Cables will be Pro versions.

Regards
Bob
Owner
IMR Acoustics
www.imracoustics.com
Hello. Did I understand correctly that Na-Le will have BC from a different manufacturer than Sonion?

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #16,189 of 18,013
Bgvp dma has the most “transparent and honest” scheme. Everything is visible and understandable.😁👍
1000008720.jpg

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #16,195 of 18,013
I did enjoy the down time thank you. I hope you also had a very enjoyable one.

The reason for the change is we now use a different brand of conduction motor, same effect just not sonion.

The rebuilds are finished on the 16th and start packing to ship on the 17th.

We have the first batch of Enigmas out the door and the 2nd lot are going out the same time as the Na-Le rebuilds.

Cables will be Pro versions.

Regards
Bob
Owner
IMR Acoustics
www.imracoustics.com
Is this true.
I have got no updates and reply to my emails

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #16,196 of 18,013
Yep, that mostly aligns with my theories.

Or ... the bombshell theory would be something like Bob's had to merge (or enter a closer partnership) with his Chinese part makers and now he "has to" sell their stuff. Branded IMR of course.
This is just weird. Are they out of cash without delivering anything since Titan ?
What's with the dawn, started at 255 and now down to 99 ?

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #16,200 of 18,013
Someone got the Elan+ / Avalon and Dark matter and can tell what the differences in sound are?
Elan+ the fastest bass, more sub bass than mid. With the silver cable they are really sparkling and the lightest among these three. They are more monitor like, sound stage is the closest. Perfect for electronic music, not forgiving bad recordings - metal as an example, only good recs sounds well.
Avalon have slightly more relaxed bass, more mid bass but less sub than Elan+. Holographic sound and overall larger sound stage, than other two. Forgiving bad recordings, good if you are treble phobic. Treble are really detailed, but not accented. Slightly darker than Elan+ and more analogic. As well as Elan+ I get the best sound for my ears with the silver cable. Because of the balance between all the frequencies. Good for jazz, orchestral and chamber music or an old rock and bad recorded metal.
Dark Matter are similar to Avalon, but more focused on mid range. Treble are simpler. Good for the folk and blues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back