Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 7, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #16,156 of 18,013
Lately we have discussed about Bone conduction drivers, just came across this new release by BGVP.
One DD, One Sonion and Knowles BA each and Two Sonion BC drivers for $300

http://en.bgvp-hifi.com/product/info/44

P.S. I have not tried this iem yet. Only came across couple of postive reviews.
I liked bgvp dma. Soft balanced sound. Responsive DD with clearly defined bass, decent stage and depth of sound, solid sound canvas in combination with BA. The BC implementation is excellent. But the choice of ear pads had to be approached carefully, since a tighter fit to the skin makes the work of the BC more noticeable and impressive.

Attachments

• IMG_20231206_150101.jpg
    IMG_20231206_150101.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #16,157 of 18,013
Been listening to Avalon interchanging it with MEXT.
MEXT is more detailed with great impactful bass. Avalon smoother, more elegant sound, great depth.
Both great really, but it got me thinking that Titan would be a step up. I also believe that a shell type like Titan or MEXT has better BC effect because of more surface contact with the EAM.

Jan 7, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #16,160 of 18,013
Heya, I'm also quite curious about iem. Can you give an update on how it performs once it arrives? And if possible, how it performs against other similarly priced IEMs? Thank you!
Will report back when they arrives, may be in a week's time.

Jan 7, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #16,161 of 18,013
Out of curiosity, where did you order the ibasso IEM from? I can't find it for sale anywhere yet, and am very curious to hear what they do with such a big driver.
From Taobao. ya, i am curious too, that's y i pre ordered them. Supposed to be released tomorrow.

Jan 7, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #16,162 of 18,013
Jan 7, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #16,165 of 18,013
I have both models and Dark Matter as for me is way better than Zenith II (which is also very good). But Zenith II fits a bit better in my ear, may be because of smaller size.
I used to own a DM. I recall the strong, tight bass and forward mids. Stage not that spacious.
I use nowadays a Zenith R1 which is an earlier iteration of this type and it has a huge bass and stage, recessed overall mids and a somehow forward treble. It is on of the most comfortable sets I've ever had. It is my go to IEM these days.
I never had a Z2 but from what I heard it should be excellent for electronic music with more bass quantity than DM.

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #16,167 of 18,013
The overall sound is good but thought maybe there is something on the market that is better. With stronger/deeper bass etc.
the only worthy upgrades within IMR line is Avalon and Titan. Those are very good and bassy.

You can liok for UM Mest mk2, if you find one discounted for 900 usd or similar price - it’s the killer iem, one of the best iem money can get, just a bit worse than ToTL iems for $3-5k

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #16,168 of 18,013
the only worthy upgrades within IMR line is Avalon and Titan. Those are very good and bassy.

You can liok for UM Mest mk2, if you find one discounted for 900 usd or similar price - it’s the killer iem, one of the best iem money can get, just a bit worse than ToTL iems for $3-5k
I will disagree with the MEST Mk2 comment. I found MEXT to be much better than MEST Mk2, especially in the bass. Indigo was better than MEXT but I thought MEXT was a bit more musical sounding.

I sold MEXT and Indigo. And I still own Szalayi. In my opinion, it has a better sonic presentation and much better bass than both of the UM offerings. Certainly not as neutral or "accurate" as either of them, but unless you're directly comparing them back to back, you'll never know the difference, and the improvement in soundstage and bass quality/quantity is noticeably better with Szalayi. IMO, of course.

Jan 7, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #16,170 of 18,013

Would you say that MEST MK2 is a better IEM than TITAN?
I do not have either but from what I read, MEST MK2 must be significantly less bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back