Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #16,142 of 18,013
Do they have a similar sound? most reviews say that high frequencies can be hot on Oriveti
I'm also interested in bass. Does Oriveti have a solid bass (not necessarily for bass-heads but sufficient)
I don't have Zenith2. Oriveti OD200 comes with two different filters. Yes, one of the filter may sound a bit hot in high frequecy, but the other one is really good.
I guess @PeacockObscura has both Zenith2 and OD200. He might be of some help to you.

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #16,143 of 18,013
I'll buy them for sure if I find in stock

IMR goes portable

1704302030884.png
20240104_094339.jpg
Indeed it does...

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #16,144 of 18,013
The orginal NaLe was listed at GBP 150 with CNT ADLC and Sonion Bone Conduction. Now the description as well as price is changed. It is now priced at GBP 295 and no mention of Sonion BC. it is only conduction motors which appears to be dynamic driver probably used same way in dark matters or In IMR BC 2023 model.
We will only know once it is actually delivered and someone opens it up to confirm the actual configuration.
That's a deal breaker

Jan 4, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #16,146 of 18,013
Do they have a similar sound? most reviews say that high frequencies can be hot on Oriveti
I'm also interested in bass. Does Oriveti have a solid bass (not necessarily for bass-heads but sufficient)
The OD200 is refined with good bass and is a level and a half above the Zenith 2

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #16,148 of 18,013
I guess this is an IEM-first group but I got a pair of JM Audio XTC2s (bc i value underdogs and one-human shops for innovation) and, honestly, they make even the Seraphs a little pointless. Really impressed with them for clarity, sounds tage, bass (midbass focus).

Just for sanity: same price as b stock seraphs and they were built to order, received them within a week of money exchanging hands.

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #16,149 of 18,013
I am now owner of the Dark Matter and I am thinking about a upgrade. Because there are definitely no new IMR models coming on short term I have to look to other brands. Bass and soundstage is really important for me because I mainly listen to House, Trance. Does someone have recommendations for under €1.000,- (1.100 USD)?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #16,150 of 18,013
I am now owner of the Dark Matter and I am thinking about a upgrade. Because there are definitely no new IMR models coming on short term I have to look to other brands. Bass and soundstage is really important for me because I mainly listen to House, Trance. Does someone have recommendations for under €1.000,- (1.100 USD)?
You are not happy with DM?

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #16,152 of 18,013
Find an Oriolus Szalayi. It it exactly what you're looking for.

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #16,154 of 18,013
Happy New Year! Wish everyone a great year and plenty of new audio gear!
In the shady closing of IMR 2023, disappointment was at its apex, never was I so upset with any company ever; as expected the so-called tracking was just another smoke screen... from the guaranteed Oct delivery, to the constant chasing in Nov, to the hopeful yet more disappointed Xmas, now it's 2024 still with only a sigh not understanding how all this could have happened in this modern world... and, with all hope extinguished, it is indeed time to move on.
While in search of a CM, still pondering, got myself the SimgotEA1000 as many mentioned its high value-to-price nature; got them yesterday, listening to them now, I confirmed even out of the box they sound superb, i had to roll a few cables to find my preferred sound, and settled with a palladium plated silver, for now. May be due to the need to burn in, it is a bit too bright for my taste at the moment, always surprised to hear such brightness in ChiFi DD iem; but they are still really good out of the box, may need to take some time to burn in and pair them with the right cable, and tips, the spiral dot++ is quite nice.
Perhaps due to the huge disappointment brought by IMR, I ordered another couple of toys waiting for their arrivals, one being a ChiFi "aluminium-belt" drive headphone, less than US$200, which need to be driven by its own amp, heard quite some good reviews about it, should get them today and have a listen. In addition, also pre-order the iBasso 3T-154, a 15.4mm single DD iem, due to arrive in around a week's time, hopefully it's good too.
Since I am not getting any more IMR product, I might not be in this thread much... kinda a last word for me - in contrast to the continued upset month after month treatment from IMR, I finally got back to the normal world which products get delivered on time, with clear communication, and honest exchange, a good start to 2024.:ksc75smile::o2smile:
Out of curiosity, where did you order the ibasso IEM from? I can't find it for sale anywhere yet, and am very curious to hear what they do with such a big driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back