Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #16,126 of 18,013
True but im sure somewhere in t&c it will say final item may be subject to change

Again the dm had a driver change last min

I dont agree with this also but i got my refund for my nale ( didnt ask for one )
But if the amt gets changed i will ask for a refund
Totally agree,but they should let the customer know in advance about any change in original description of the product once they accept the money and order. Only when the customer gives his or her consent about the change, then proceed with the order or else refund the amount. This is the only fair thing in my opinion.

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #16,127 of 18,013
Totally agree,but they should let the customer know in advance about any change in original description of the product once they accept the money and order. Only when the customer gives his or her consent about the change, then proceed with the order or else refund the amount. This is the only fair thing in my opinion.
That is my point. All of us rarely are buying IEMs only by advertised sound signature, one of those buy-in factors for us is IEM technicalities, e.g to listen some weird combos of different technogies drivers.

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #16,128 of 18,013
Thats true i agree but i dont think bob has refused anyone a refund yet ( he obv been lying about shipping the iems lol)

The only one he wont refund is the ENIGMA
So to me thats the only iem that cant change
But if he does then surely he HAS to refund people

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #16,129 of 18,013
Thats true i agree but i dont think bob has refused anyone a refund get ( he obv been lying about shipping the iems lol)

The only one he wont refund is the ENIGMA
So to me thats the only iem that cant change
But if he does then surely he HAS to refund people
Understood, I never said that he refused refund. My point is why to change things stealthily. and then issue refund later. It's breach of trust. And how many of us are willing or capabale to open the iem and verify the configuration. It's all about trust nothing else.

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #16,130 of 18,013
Understood, I never said that he refused refund. My point is why to change things stealthily. and then issue refund later. It's breach of trust. And how many of us are willing or capabale to open the iem and verify the configuration. It's all about trust nothing else.
Most of the iems have been opened up tbh
Not sure how the nAle will open up to confirm the drivers but also we already taking his crap about delivery lol

He dont dare
He got away with it before and he will do it again and again

Like the one think i dont believe is the driver size

10mm,10.5,11,11.5mm

No one is willing to fully take apart the iem to measure the driver

But we can all c the sonion bc drivers in the epd act and avalon

Would love to open up the enigma to c if he builds them with the drivers he says he is gonna build them with

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #16,131 of 18,013
Wow, I'm a fool. Original specs for Elan+ listed "bone conduction motors." Now, in the listing for old builds, and on Penon's site, it just says "conduction motors". Just like what happened with DM. 😡

I enjoy my Elan+ more than I did DM, so I guess I can live with it. But yet another reason to (probably) never buy from Bob again.
If you open up elan+ shell there will be the same BC driver as it was on og Elan

Speaking frankly, after those discoveries and disappointments, I am only interested in one model to listen and compare to OG Zenith and R1 Zenith: it is Zenith 2. There are so many wows about it, I regret I missed it earlier.
Idk how it was with Zenith 1 but Zenith 2 provided me a huge wow effect

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #16,132 of 18,013
If you open up elan+ shell there will be the same BC driver as it was on og Elan
That's good news. I'm leery of poking around too much inside these things.

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #16,133 of 18,013
I think he just referrred to description evolution: January 2023 website mentioned BC and dual BA drivers:
IMG_0049.png
and in June 2023 just it is just motors and BA:
IMG_0050.png

Jan 3, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #16,134 of 18,013
No need to regret; just try the Oriveti OD200 and you will not miss Zenith2 :)
Do they have a similar sound? most reviews say that high frequencies can be hot on Oriveti
I'm also interested in bass. Does Oriveti have a solid bass (not necessarily for bass-heads but sufficient)

Jan 3, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #16,135 of 18,013
I think he just referred to description evolution: January 2023 website mentioned BC and dual BA drivers:

and in June 2023 just it is just motors and BA:
Yes, that's what I am referring to. But if @paggio thinks they BC are the same in Elan and Elan+, that's a good sign; he's had both. Maybe omitting "bone" from "conduction motors" was just an oversight. Maybe.

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #16,136 of 18,013
Jan 3, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #16,137 of 18,013
From memory . . . I cant remember which IEM it was but the 'conduction' motor used was a 6mm DD
(Reason given)
It was used because it was found to have a surprising amount of physical energy in terms of the vibration effect which had a very similar effect to BC
Im not sure if this would be better or worse than the Sonion but i imagine a driver such as the Sonion being made specifically
for that purpose would be 'better' ?

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #16,138 of 18,013
From memory . . . I cant remember which IEM it was but the 'conduction' motor used was a 6mm DD
(Reason given)
It was used because it was found to have a surprising amount of physical energy in terms of the vibration effect which had a very similar effect to BC
Im not sure if this would be better or worse than the Sonion but i imagine a driver such as the Sonion being made specifically
for that purpose would be 'better' ?
I think that was Dark Matter.

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #16,139 of 18,013

Users who are viewing this thread

Back