• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 30, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #15,481 of 18,013
We're expecting it
The sender has let us know they have despatched your item.
More information will be available once we have received your item and scanned it into our network.
This usually means only a shipping label is created in Royalmail site, no actual posting of the items is done. Almost all of Nale allegedly shipped status is showing like this in Royamail tracking since August 4.

Nov 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #15,482 of 18,013
If I were you and don't have an actual update next week, I would be asking for a refund, the royal mail sharade has been going on for too long, heck, if it was me I would be already with al lawsuit against royal mail and made a serious statement and noise in social media with it, but since it is an actual, Undeniable, undistinguishable pile of sh8t well...

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #15,483 of 18,013
Maybe Royal Mail will eventually sue IMR for loss of goodwill as a result of Bob's lies. Wouldn't that be a twist.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #15,484 of 18,013
Sadly, I think the only conclusions we can draw are: Royal Mail are the worst delivery outfit in the world ... or Bob is a regular and consistent liar.

Because I try to be a nice guy, I welcome any other interpretations. I don't like casting aspersions.

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #15,487 of 18,013
Nov 30, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #15,488 of 18,013
Guys,
IF Red Dawn is the same as IMR Dawn, you should be fool to not buy it. This tiny IEM is crazy good for 20$. I am pairing it with my dongle Cayin RU7 and I can't stop listening to them. I don't know how they have produced such a good tuning in a very tiny driver
Anyone compared Red Dawn with IMR Dawn?
I have Dawn. I have ordered two Red Dawns also.
😁

Dec 1, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #15,489 of 18,013
Posting on behalf of a friend on Discord (FatGoblin) who has bought, compared and graphed both Dawn and Red dawn:

"I got the IMR Dawn and a chap mentioned (on another discord server) that there was some controversy around it. After a bit of digging I found a company on Alibaba that had what looked like the same bullet IEM. I ordered a sample and it arrived today (had to ask for the DLC option as it wasn't listed). With shipping and taxes it was approx £70. It's sad to confirm but the $31 DLC bullet is the same 1-for-1 as the IMR £255 Dawn
☹️
At least in listening to it. Will measure it when I get time."

IMR_Dawn_2.png

Big props to him for doing the digging and comparison all himself just to confirm everything thats going on.

EDIT: Adding onto this he has also mentioned the following:
"Yep. Sounds the same 100%. I did a bit of skulldugary with the seller on Alibaba and they told me they work with IMR. It's a drop-ship with an incredible markup. It sounds great, but they are identical. £70 for the sample set incl $39 shipping + taxes. If you buy 4000 it drops to $3.90 per set"

EDIT 2: Link to the alibaba page: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...&ckvia=share_96ec26545f964a52b04fe21c09d13ed7 who apparently are really nice folk and were a pleasure to deal with.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #15,490 of 18,013
Posting on behalf of a friend on Discord (FatGoblin) who has bought, compared and graphed both Dawn and Red dawn:

"I got the IMR Dawn and a chap mentioned (on another discord server) that there was some controversy around it. After a bit of digging I found a company on Alibaba that had what looked like the same bullet IEM. I ordered a sample and it arrived today (had to ask for the DLC option as it wasn't listed). With shipping and taxes it was approx £70. It's sad to confirm but the $31 DLC bullet is the same 1-for-1 as the IMR £255 Dawn
☹️

IMR_Dawn_2.png

Big props to him for doing the digging and comparison all himself just to confirm everything thats going on.

"Yep. Sounds the same 100%. I did a bit of skulldugary with the seller on Alibaba and they told me they work with IMR. It's a drop-ship with an incredible markup. It sounds great, but they are identical. £70 for the sample set incl $39 shipping + taxes. If you buy 4000 it drops to $3.90 per set"

EDIT 2: Link to the alibaba page: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...&ckvia=share_96ec26545f964a52b04fe21c09d13ed7 who apparently are really nice folk and were a pleasure to deal with.
Bloody hell......now what ?
Then is it the same for the other IMR iems ?

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #15,491 of 18,013

☹️

IMR_Dawn_2.png

Attachments

• figa.gif
    figa.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Dec 1, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #15,492 of 18,013
Bloody hell......now what ?
Then is it the same for the other IMR iems ?
My guess is no, that the IEMs up to now have been unique creations from Bob ... after all, we haven't been sleuthing out a Chinese variant of Avalon or Titan. Not aware of anyone seeing look-alikes (and sound-alikes) before Dawn.

I'm of two minds here ...

1) This is not an unusual thing in business. Buy cheap, sell high. Justify the high price somehow ... for Dawn, it's true the only justification may be that the plug says "IMR" on it. As I mentioned awhile back when suspicion around the Dawn began, we don't know what kind of margin he was getting on the other models.

2) Doesn't seem fair, does it? And now in some ways I'm questioning my previous outlays for gear.

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #15,493 of 18,013

☹️

IMR_Dawn_2.png

It's just unbelievable how they can offer this excellent set for as low as 3.90$ when you buy 4000. It gives me an idea about the tremendous margin IEMs manufacturers make
Now I'm curious to listen to the other drivers of red dawn: CNT and PU paper. If they are as good as DLC, they will be 2 more gems to keep in my collection

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #15,494 of 18,013

☹️

IMR_Dawn_2.png

Good for me I ordered two of them then.
Yes IEMs are overpriced, especially with the availability of technologically advanced drivers these times at affordable pricing.
In any case I' d still be content paying 200euro for these pieces. They shine in that price margin.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #15,495 of 18,013
It's just unbelievable how they can offer this excellent set for as low as 3.90$ when you buy 4000. It gives me an idea about the tremendous margin IEMs manufacturers make
Now I'm curious to listen to the other drivers of red dawn: CNT and PU paper. If they are as good as DLC, they will be 2 more gems to keep in my collection
I have also the CNT and have requested the PU+paper and another two different IEMs from this seller:
1701441310077.png

Last one is Berillium coated and according to seller (I can confirm that is a wonderful seller. Very kind) it's a fantastic driver. So I'll try it.

And yes, this seller has been selling some of IMR's drivers: the 6mm ADLC and the 10mm planar. Those drivers are proprietary FAcoustics pattented, and not creation of IMR. Also, according to this seller, this planar is only 10mm diameter and the 12mm planar from Semper and others is the same old 10mm planar as EDP's and RAH. Only depends on how do you measure it (inner diameter or outside diameter), so I'm starting to think that the 10mm ADLC, 11mm ADLC and so on IMR's drivers are indeed the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back