Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 13, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #14,626 of 18,013
when you said this "The new driver (23) are level above any previous IMR or any other manufacturers look at my signature I've tried quite a few," Where you not talking about the new, small iem that IMR was lending/giving to some to try out? Perhaps I misunderstood. If you were inferring that, and if is possible that said iem is a $20 item, then what does that mean for us audiophiles, who spend crazy amounts of money, looking for audio nirvana, only to receive it in a $20 item.
I was taking about the driver in the BC(23) Rah (23) and Titan quite obviously as I have no idea about the 5mm as I don't have one and I'm pretty fed up of people trying to twist any positive statement about IMR because an element seem to want to tear down any positive

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #14,629 of 18,013
I was taking about the driver in the BC(23) Rah (23) and Titan quite obviously as I have no idea about the 5mm as I don't have one and I'm pretty fed up of people trying to twist any positive statement about IMR because an element seem to want to tear down any positive
No need to get belligerent. I was just asking a question as I was confused as to what iem you were referring. I have no need to twist statements regarding IMR, nor any reason the tear them down. IMR's reputation, be it good or bad, rest solely with them.

Oct 13, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #14,632 of 18,013
And btw this notion that a single user who found a really similarly looking iem for 15 times less is somehow capable of bringing IMR down is quite telling about the current state of affairs.

If you are so concerned about IMR well being may be address Bob instead of fighting a fellow head-fier? The same Bob who blatantly lies about deliveries in his own updates, for example. That alone ruined the company image way more then what could ever be posted here.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #14,634 of 18,013
1. And btw this notion that a single user who found a really similarly looking iem for 15 times less is somehow capable of bringing IMR down is quite telling about the current state of affairs.

2. If you are so concerned about IMR well being may be address Bob instead of fighting a fellow head-fier? The same Bob who blatantly lies about deliveries in his own updates, for example. That alone ruined the company image way more then what could ever be posted here.

1. That was an example following a string of comments that were above and beyond just complaining about delays. If you do do due diligence by going through the comments you can judge for yourself but there are many insidious little comments not at all based in fact that together appear to show a patter that sow seed after seed.
THAT is what I take umbridge at, not their reasonable comments
Its one thing to complain about delays et al but to then go looking for everything and anything to 'report on' being it true or not is another
People are lazy and if angry will just follow what people say especially when the narrative fits - be it true or not
That is what I was calling out - constant posting of stuff that has no basis in fact
Anyway, this is a forum so we are both entitled to our opinions, which is fine. I respect the person but disrespect some of the posts

2. If you had been around here a while you would know that a group of us did indeed work together to create a concise well written letter explaining all our concerns with certain aspects of IMR that were and are not working that was delivered to Bob
Many of us have also taken positive steps in terms of communicating with Bob to try to urge him to change things.

No doubt damage has been done and if he would just get, to begin with at least, the NaLe's rebuilt and sent out that would be something.
Arguably more importantly, if he would just start COMMUNICATING openly and transparently. Sadly he has never been good at that. Its such a frustrating situation.
End fo the day If IMR goes down EVERYONE loses :/
Thats the main thrust of my passion. Ive never heard such superbly tuned & priced IEMs

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #14,635 of 18,013
Agreed about the quality of the experience out of an IMR product. It is just that this model of doing business does not seem sustainable unfortunately.
It probably would be best for IMR to figure out a way to focus on a line of IEMs, mass produce them and then yearly updating that line to keep revenue flowing and maybe side-sponsor some boutique items. Just saying.
Still, IMHO better keep this thread for sound impressions and relevant discussions, comparisons etc. You know, the useful stuff...

Oct 14, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #14,636 of 18,013
This is what a number of us have tried to communicate to Bob time and time again
Mind you he may have such a model in mind to mass produce to help get IMR back on track but...

Oct 14, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #14,637 of 18,013
Paired Elan+ with my new Cayin RU7 and unexpectedly magic has happened. Cymbals are much better pronounced and on its place. Bass became more controlled and tight. Mids are softer. Actually same happened to all of my iems, but for Elan+ it was something I really needed a lot.

Oct 14, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #14,638 of 18,013
Paired Elan+ with my new Cayin RU7 and unexpectedly magic has happened. Cymbals are much better pronounced and on its place. Bass became more controlled and tight. Mids are softer. Actually same happened to all of my iems, but for Elan+ it was something I really needed a lot.
I personally find that BA drivers sounds much better in R2R architecture than dela-sigma. It like sounding more musical towards analogish than digital and a bit less harsh in upper frequencies.

Oct 14, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #14,639 of 18,013
Synergy is king :)
What is the Dac chip/s in the RU7?

Oct 15, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #14,640 of 18,013
i actually dun understand why so defensive about the findings of a same looking iem and thought that bob has used the same one, it's a logical assumption, especially for ppl who hasnt been in the chat, or dun know bob as well. it's not about spreading negativity, but just want to validate, which the headfier went and ordered them to try, which i think he will report back, for the good of this thread. and... what's wrong with that? not everyone had a chance to communicate with bob the way some do, n definitely not everyone gets sent an iem to review, while all other iems are behind schedule. if expressing thoughts would need to be only positive stuff, n when it's not it gets criticized, i think that's bullying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back