• Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 12, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #14,597 of 18,013
Found a used R1 Zenith.
Your experience with those?
And should I use the stock cable?
In my opinion R1 Zenith is ok if you are using it with a slighlty warm sounding player or with R2R players/DAC. The biggest issue I had its 5 khz peak. It's very hot there. Bass is good but soundstage and instrument separation is pretty average.
Stock cable is good but due to its rubbery nature it does not stay stable behind the ear.

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #14,598 of 18,013
IMR update...
Just wondering if anyone in UK who didn't cancel their order receive any update after 4th Sept alleged re-building.

Same status is updated for EU and rest of world folks yesterday ( see highlighted)

1697132418338.png
No emails or updates for me, but the last bit you highlighted say "you will be contacted when ready" so you never know it may be done for Christmas or Easter.........

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #14,599 of 18,013
Found a used R1 Zenith.
Your experience with those?
And should I use the stock cable?
IMG_20230115_114324.jpg

I use an Aliexpress special on mine. It's a lively iem with good bass I use mine for heavy metal they make the guitars really bite

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #14,600 of 18,013
Actually, I did not cancel my order, just was asking for status update regularly, but when I checked right now the status of my Na-Le order it says “cancelled on October 9…”.
Both of mine (deposit and second payment) still say fulfilled. Guess I should be happy with that and forget about small details like never receiving anything, a couple of non-moving tracking numbers and complete silence from IMR on inquiry and refund request. If it says fulfilled then it must be fulfilled. 🤣

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #14,601 of 18,013
No emails or updates for me, but the last bit you highlighted say "you will be contacted when ready" so you never know it may be done for Christmas or Easter.........
Yes, but as always……… Year 2025 or 2026 or………..🤡

Oct 13, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #14,602 of 18,013
anybody know of a reasonably priced cable for the imr dark matter?

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #14,603 of 18,013
For the record BGGR has at least an Ozar he posted his wutang facia set of them
2. Who gives a Flip about what the drivers are made of if they sound better than any of the competition.
3. The new driver (23) are level above any previous IMR or any other manufacturers look at my signature I've tried quite a few.
4. It would be a very sad day if conjecture and bile about Trinity ended up dragging IMR down I for one still believe Bob makes the best iems out there
Are you saying a 5 mm generic driver that possibly costs $20 is better than anything IMR has put out to date? That wouldn't be good for IMR.

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #14,604 of 18,013
Are you saying a 5 mm generic driver that possibly costs $20 is better than anything IMR has put out to date? That wouldn't be good for IMR.
I think by competition he is not saying it is better than the rest of the IMR collection. That just wouldn't be possible :)
A 5mm DLC driver is not going to beat EST/BC/11mmADLC combo for exmple
BUT - would you be UNHAPPY going from a TOTL IMR straight to this new IEM - I would say no - Going from Elan+ (£600 retail) to this new [potentially] half priced IEM, if anything it impresses me more
We have no idea about the truth of the source of the driver.
This has come from nothing but speculation and should be treated as such. It was part of a string of comments that would seemed designed to try to bring IMR down or if not have certainly started a lot more negativity & doubts into an already uncertain situation with people still waiting to see if NaLe is indeed being re-made.

I suspect we would be be surprised at the base cost to suppliers of drivers. That doesn't stop expensive IEMs being offered by all companies throughout the business
`IMR does not or has never just used 'generic drivers' or even if they have the tuning has proved to be above and beyond just about everything else out there.

The new IEM is very much within the stable of the IMR sound whilst also having some unique to it sound characteristics
It is exceptionally spacious and holographic sounding. It is creamy smooth and very well balanced from bottom to top. Highly detailed whilst having zero harshness in the highs. Imaging and separation are top notch.
It is a very very good IEM. For those who have faith in Bobs ears / tuning capacity - He believes it is very good.
> I hope some more people can add their own impressions to back up my assertions !
Would I recommend it? - 110% no doubts whatsoever. If you enjoy or appreciate the IMR sound then please don't let this one get by you.
The extra bonus is the incredibly small size. A perfect travel Audiophile IEM
Just listening to Stevie Wonder - Innervisions - and . . . without going on a rant - is simply divine. Tonality is perfect - the balance and clarity of all instruments is perfect. Vocals soar in the
clearly audible space of the recording studio - This aspect alone is a perfect sign of a TOTL aspect of sound where you can hear the size and shape of the recording room of a vocalist in amongst and separate from all the other instruments.
No doubt, this is a special IEM
They have a unique sound - something like with the imaging & separation of the (BC) Elan+ with the creamy smooth clarity of the Zenith II

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #14,606 of 18,013
There will be material for comparison. Two IEMs are on their way: one with DLC driver and one with CNT

I have offered to pay Bob the full price he is asking for this IEM. But I can't get a response from him. When he does and sends me the IEM, we'll be able to see what's behind all this.

Interesting. Where are you ordering these two from, out of curiosity?

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #14,608 of 18,013
I have offered to pay Bob the full price he is asking for this IEM. But I can't get a response from him. When he does and sends me the IEM, we'll be able to see what's behind all this.

Thanks for the details - Looks interesting

What do you mean 'whats behind all this'
Why are you acting as if there is some kind of conspiracy. You are the only person who magically found this and is ramping up and creating some kind of issue here.
Even if Bob did source some or all of the materials here so what? This is what many of the creators of iEMs do. As I understand it, he has tuned this driver.
Have to say though, It would be interesting to have insights into the whole tuning, creation and implementation of an IEM

End of the day though I very much hope people get their hands on the same IEM I am listening to. It is exceptional !
Excited for others to enjoy it as well

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #14,609 of 18,013
It was part of a string of comments that would seemed designed to try to bring IMR down or if not have certainly started a lot more negativity & doubts into an already uncertain situation with people still waiting to see if NaLe is indeed being re-made.
I don't think anyone here to bring down IMR. It is none other than Bob who is responsible for all these. It is unfair to put a blame on head-fiers for IMR misdeeds. Infact "IMR is digging its own grave" by doing all these.

And I totally agree that a private entity has all the right to sell a $15 IEM for $350. If someone don't want to buy it then they should not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back