Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 29, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #14,386 of 18,013
And all this is jour explanation and excuse for all his lies? Sorry!

Just say how the situation is and most of us would understand it.

No, even more lies. And too many still defending ……

They giving him +2k for the AMT.

And att the end you get your unit and it is great…jalajal…. Can`t say this anymore.

With respect...

1. No one KNOWs the full situation. People are speculating

2. 110% agree - Said as much to Bob many times. Just be open and transparent but...as I say no-one has any idea of the situation so there is no point in saying much more or repeating the same displeasure over and over again because it just generates more and more anger and dissatisfaction.
No-one is happy with this but I question whether continuously stirring the pot will help or resolve the situation (in general)

3. No-one IS or has EVER 'defended' ANYTHING.
Personally Im as disappointed as everyone at still not having received NaLe but I have moaned about this and now let it go. What is the point at repeatedly going over this over and over again
We all know that his pre-order delays have always been there but lately have been excessive with reasons sounding thin to say the least

4. THAT side of IMR no-one is happy with BUT on the other hand

What IMR has created and delivered has been exceptional as has been their customer service.
Of course we are all dissapointed with the pre order delays etc but you can choose
to either focus on this to the exclusion of everything else
OR
you can ALSO appreciate and enjoy and discuss what HAS been successfully created

5. If I had 1,800K spare I would 100% buy an in stock IMR because I find myself fully enjoying the sound that IMR gives me & have no wish to search elsewhere...whihc in this hobby is very rare :)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #14,387 of 18,013
They giving him +2k for the AMT.
That's not correct, you don't consider pre order discount:
1695997296659.png

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #14,388 of 18,013
I've been giving Bob the benefit of the doubt until now (for way too long, I'm sure some will say), but even that has limits. I've had conversations with Bob and he has no answers, only "coming soon" or "status will be updated next week" and the like. I'm about to ask for refunds on both Na-Le and EH.

The constant moaning and groaning from some is way over the top, but apparently some people like to complain about everything. I'm not sure why they stay in this thread, but that's what the "ignore" button is for, I guess.

I still have incredible reverence for my IMR units, but I agree with @jon parker and others - it's going to be existing stock for me from now on. I am done with these pre-orders, but I enjoy what I already have immensely.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #14,389 of 18,013
I still have incredible reverence for my IMR units, but I agree with @jon parker and others - it's going to be existing stock for me from now on. I am done with these pre-orders, but I enjoy what I already have immensely.
Seems to be the emerging consensus. If Bob fails to get enough pre-orders, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #14,390 of 18,013
Maybe we can all just come to the consensus that we won't be supportive of any more pre orders
Having said that I wonder if it would work for the more high end IEMs..if for example he makes 10 at a time?
Anyway, I think its fair to say we are all on the same page?

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #14,391 of 18,013
With respect...

1. No one KNOWs the full situation. People are speculating
With all due respect,

You say that nobody knows what is going on. Ok! You seem to be able to reach Bob easily, you talk to him on occasion and he even gives you supposed prototypes for you to evaluate. You also say he owes you some Na-Le that he has not yet sent to you.

I would find it very strange that you haven't asked him what is REALLY going on with YOUR order, and with this whole situation. Could you tell us what Bob's version is? what does he say about it? what does he tell you about your order?

I think this would shed some light on the situation.

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #14,392 of 18,013
With all due respect,

You say that nobody knows what is going on. Ok! You seem to be able to reach Bob easily, you talk to him on occasion and he even gives you supposed prototypes for you to evaluate. You also say he owes you some Na-Le that he has not yet sent to you.

I would find it very strange that you haven't asked him what is REALLY going on with YOUR order, and with this whole situation. Could you tell us what Bob's version is? what does he say about it? what does he tell you about your order?

I can't speak for @jon parker , but I have messaged Bob fairly regularly about various of his IEMs over the last few years, mainly on FB Messenger. He's always been happy to talk about new technology and designs he has / had coming up (I review IEMs on the side as a hobby, and have reviewed a few of Bob's units over the years, always purchased myself).

He's NEVER been happy to talk to me about any delays, or shed any insight when one of his preorders is delayed. He keeps his cards very close to his chest on all the business related aspects of IMR, so I wouldn't be surprised if Jon knows as much as do.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #14,393 of 18,013
With all due respect,

Fair questions - Ive had a few conversations with Bob over the years since Trinity days. He has been consistently kind and generous over the years.

I have always been polite, respectable but clear and firm in regard to both failures and successes over the years.
As a person and a fellow lover of audio I know him fairly well but in regards to his business ideas or that side of things I dont know him or his views really at all and this is same for most if not all his customers who have known him for a long time.

Some time ago we organised an 'open letter' from people here, his customers addressing issues regarding pre-orders and a few other points making it clear our thoughts and feelings but also making suggestions for improvements

Personally I have written to him at length on more than one occasion but he keeps the business side to himself - as expected, Ive met him once but he doesn't known me that well and besides Im not his business partner !!
Sometimes he has replied immediately even late at night, sometimes not at all or sometimes 1-2 weeks later.

I passed on some information about the reason for these delays a few pages back, which are all he ever communicated to me, but there was such an influx of negativity and anger following that I've said no more on it. (no judgment here, just saying!)
I dont necessarily not believe it but end of day until you see something with your own eyes you cant really believe 100% of anything!! but its seems quite possible

It was during the course of an email conversation that Bob unexpectedly asked out of the blue. He has a new IEM would I like to hear it to which I said YES! - It was quite possibly just a spontaneous thought from his side?

He then just said 'let me know what you think' and that was that - no further info, no request for a review nothing - What you can read a page or so back is my initial findings from both out-of-the-box and 24 hours later that I emailed to him.
Now 500+ hours of burn in later Im due for a final analysis
Bob has never sent a new IEM or prototype to me before asking my thoughts
I think though I must have owned / heard over 30 Trinity & IMR IEMs by now so I do think he should send me, at the very least a Titan as a thank you for being a long time customer. That's MY view anyway, he or you may or may not agree?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #14,394 of 18,013
Fair questions - Ive had a few conversations with Bob over the years since Trinity days. He has been consistently kind and generous over the years.

I have always been polite, respectable but clear and firm in regard to both failures and successes over the years.
As a person and a fellow lover of audio I know him fairly well but in regards to his business ideas or that side of things I dont know him or his views really at all and this is same for most if not all his customers who have known him for a long time.

Some time ago we organised an 'open letter' from people here, his customers addressing issues regarding pre-orders and a few other points making it clear our thoughts and feelings but also making suggestions for improvements

Personally I have written to him at length on more than one occasion but he keeps the business side to himself - as expected, Ive met him once but he doesn't known me that well and besides Im not his business partner !!
Sometimes he has replied immediately even late at night, sometimes not at all or sometimes 1-2 weeks later.

I passed on some information about the reason for these delays a few pages back, which are all he ever communicated to me, but there was such an influx of negativity and anger following that I've said no more on it. (no judgment here, just saying!)
I dont necessarily not believe it but end of day until you see something with your own eyes you cant really believe 100% of anything!! but its seems quite possible

It was during the course of an email conversation that Bob unexpectedly asked out of the blue. He has a new IEM would I like to hear it to which I said YES! - It was quite possibly just a spontaneous thought from his side?

He then just said 'let me know what you think' and that was that - no further info, no request for a review nothing - What you can read a page or so back is my initial findings from both out-of-the-box and 24 hours later that I emailed to him.
Now 500+ hours of burn in later Im due for a final analysis
Bob has never sent a new IEM or prototype to me before asking my thoughts
I think though I must have owned / heard over 30 Trinity & IMR IEMs by now so I do think he should send me, at the very least a Titan as a thank you for being a long time customer. That's MY view anyway, he or you may or may not agree?
Lol nice try in the same theme as an owner of 19 IMR sets and 3 Trinity sets I think this new mini marvel would be a nice gesture if he's listening 😂🤣🤣😂🎶

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #14,395 of 18,013
This thread always entertains me. 70% of it consists of people bitching about overdue products and the other 30% raves about how incredible the products are.

I've been in both camps over the years. But nothing will change. I'll just grab more popcorn and keep reading.

Currently I'm in the "incredible sounding" camp and I'm awaiting the Enigma+. But the difference is that after several years, I understand the situation. I know the risks. I know the product will be spectacular if I ever receive it. I just wish Bob the best and hope he delivers. But I can only blame myself if he doesn't.

Quite frankly, the rest of you folks would be better served by adopting the same attitude. Lower your expectations and increase your risk tolerance and you'll be better off. Otherwise look elsewhere for your IEMs.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #14,396 of 18,013
This thread always entertains me. 70% of it consists of people bitching about overdue products and the other 30% raves about how incredible the products are.

I've been in both camps over the years. But nothing will change. I'll just grab more popcorn and keep reading.

Currently I'm in the "incredible sounding" camp and I'm awaiting the Enigma+. But the difference is that after several years, I understand the situation. I know the risks. I know the product will be spectacular if I ever receive it. I just wish Bob the best and hope he delivers. But I can only blame myself if he doesn't.

Quite frankly, the rest of you folks would be better served by adopting the same attitude. Lower your expectations and increase your risk tolerance and you'll be better off. Otherwise look elsewhere for your IEMs.
Double agree

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #14,397 of 18,013
So Im not a bitch....guess that makes me a raver :L3000:

Sep 29, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #14,398 of 18,013
has anyone ever not paid the 2nd payment? Or paid it late?
What will bob do?
Coz he says 2nd payment is due 30 days before items is shipped but we know this is bullsh•t because if the delays.
Now i dont fancy paying the 2nd payment if the enigma just yet coz i know it will be delayed lol

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #14,400 of 18,013
For me it's not about risk, it's about total lack of any accountability. Bob is irresponsible at best, deceitful at worst and doesn't deserve any respect, regardless of his engeneering capabilities. Value wise Halcyon at the price I got it more then covers for missing Na-Le, but not for the total lack of respect Bob shows. What goes around comes around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back