Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 30, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #12,676 of 18,013
Funny that list doesn't include Psybient or Psydub. Those are the ones I listen to most. I would consider Melodic Dubstep in the Electronica genre as well (another one of my favorites).

Ott
Green Beats
Globular
Radioactive Sandwich
Illusive Tuna
Quanta
Seamoon

And others as well... Seamoon has some amazing tracks. And Ott and Globular are gods of the Psybient genre.
Thank you for these, I own the entire Ott. discography, in .WAV. After posting your suggestions, I went on Bandcamp and I listened a bit to Seamoon, not that much impressed but I haven't listened to everything his. Now I am listening to Globular. Besides his Magnificent album, Globular & Geoglyph - Messages From The Resonator, which is Amazing, which other would you recommend? I am listening to him right now.

Do you know Koan? Have you listened to any of his works? Like for example, Argonautica or The Way Of One?

Apr 30, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #12,677 of 18,013
Globular:
Holobiont
Magnitudes of Order
In Formation

Seamoon:
Expression of the Moment
Crystal Language
A Twisted Downbeat Adventure

If you want to get out into the fringe, try Illusive Tuna and Kaminanda. They have some good stuff.

Apr 30, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #12,678 of 18,013
Maybe consider the JDS LABS 02 amp. Its inexpensive and plays way above its price point. Its unique for an AMP in being neutral with a black background
The story of how it came into existence is a great read!
I don't have much experience with AMPs (although please check out Burson AMPs - a Superb Australian company) but Im sure others here have a lot more hands on experience than I do and will chip in with suggestions
Even if you do buy a high[er] end AMP the 02 is an amp that maybe everyone should own and is (deliberately) priced that everyone can afford
Good luck though and good hunting
Hei man, thank you for the recommendation I have been looking into this and they aeem to have a good product with good value, I assume you mean their new atom + amp and dac+ combo is the one you recommending? seems the 02 amp has been discontinued.

I am actually just afraid of spending 1k for amp and dac and this turns out to be equal or better or i cant tell the difference lol. This is a bit oot but will this work if I connect multiple source for eg pc or ps5 and output it to both headphones and speaker?

Apr 30, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #12,679 of 18,013
Hei man, thank you for the recommendation I have been looking into this and they aeem to have a good product with good value, I assume you mean their new atom + amp and dac+ combo is the one you recommending? seems the 02 amp has been discontinued.

I am actually just afraid of spending 1k for amp and dac and this turns out to be equal or better or i cant tell the difference lol. This is a bit oot but will this work if I connect multiple source for eg pc or ps5 and output it to both headphones and speaker?
Ive been using this old one for ages now you find them on ebay a fair amount. I can only really recommend that one from my own experience. It would be a great place to start from though and certainly a great reference point. You might even be satisfied with it and save $900 ? :D
If you talk to the company Im sure they would be happy to help
As far as multiple outputs, with analog stuff its not difficult to output to different sources

Apr 30, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #12,680 of 18,013
Anyone could share impressions on Seraph? I'm curious about the MEMS driver

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #12,681 of 18,013
@Nick24JJ & @DrewVz you guys might love Nibana if you haven't listened already.

# 1 psybient / electro artist for me

Apr 30, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #12,684 of 18,013
Ive been using this old one for ages now you find them on ebay a fair amount. I can only really recommend that one from my own experience. It would be a great place to start from though and certainly a great reference point. You might even be satisfied with it and save $900 ? :D
If you talk to the company Im sure they would be happy to help
As far as multiple outputs, with analog stuff its not difficult to output to different sources
Man, after looking this ended up getting the element 3 instead, could not resist when there is a preowned one that cost 300 usd with almost same price of atom dac/amp combo I just need to get additional power supply for this. :) Not sure what I can expect I shall see when the items arrive.

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #12,685 of 18,013
I played burn-in tracks to my new Ozar for 10 days and nights. Listened to them a bunch over the weekend. The burn in really made a difference. I'm quite amazed by these things. The widest sound stage I've ever experienced with an IEM. The sound is not in my head at all. It's more like over-ears and I can't get over it.

May 1, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #12,686 of 18,013
As for impressions and the recent discussion about how they differ...

I returned from a short vacation on friday. Back at home I gave the Rah 23 another run when going to bed.

You know I had not been to enthusiastic about the Rah after the last comparisons to my Elan+. This time though they got my full attention for a longer session attached to my DX320. No comparisons to other shinies, just them me and the music. :)

And whatever happened - may it be the different sound signature opposite to the Sennheiser Momentum 3 I had been solely using during last week, the newly attached, cheap XINHS cable or simply the last burn-in hours before the vacation - my Rah sounded just fantastic! Did not expect that and could not stop listening to my whole testtrack list until long past midnight... The Rah did everything just right - a lush and rich analogue timbre, a very coherent presentation but still detailed enough for my taste.

Uncertain I gave them another go last night and listened to Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen from start to finish. Same result as the night before - I could not stop and the all very familiar songs sounded just right to me. It almost felt like the very first time I had listened to this record.

Ok what am I trying to say? Maybe that sometimes it is time to simply enjoy what is at hand. No need for comparisons when something gives joy as it is.

A few days ago I told Nick that I might sell my Rah 23. Today I am quite sure that I will keep it even if the Elan+ might sound better again next time I will try them.... :L3000:

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #12,689 of 18,013
As for impressions and the recent discussion about how they differ...

I returned from a short vacation on friday. Back at home I gave the Rah 23 another run when going to bed.

You know I had not been to enthusiastic about the Rah after the last comparisons to my Elan+. This time though they got my full attention for a longer session attached to my DX320. No comparisons to other shinies, just them me and the music. :)

And whatever happened - may it be the different sound signature opposite to the Sennheiser Momentum 3 I had been solely using during last week, the newly attached, cheap XINHS cable or simply the last burn-in hours before the vacation - my Rah sounded just fantastic! Did not expect that and could not stop listening to my whole testtrack list until long past midnight... The Rah did everything just right - a lush and rich analogue timbre, a very coherent presentation but still detailed enough for my taste.

Uncertain I gave them another go last night and listened to Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen from start to finish. Same result as the night before - I could not stop and the all very familiar songs sounded just right to me. It almost felt like the very first time I had listened to this record.

Ok what am I trying to say? Maybe that sometimes it is time to simply enjoy what is at hand. No need for comparisons when something gives joy as it is.

A few days ago I told Nick that I might sell my Rah 23. Today I am quite sure that I will keep it even if the Elan+ might sound better again next time I will try them.... :L3000:
I am happy for you, man! :)

May 1, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #12,690 of 18,013

Users who are viewing this thread

Back