Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 18, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #12,556 of 18,013
I have to eat some humble pie... The Elan + is actually the most natural, realistic, atmospheric iem I have ever listened to. I went to see Ryan Adams in concert it was sublime, I put on the live at Carnigie Hall album the next day with the Elan+bivwas quite literally back in the Opera House the reproduction was so accurate it was breathtaking. I then put on Cowboy Junkies acoustic album I swear I was in the room with them. I'm using blue lower green upper with SednaEarfit tips out of the Hiby R8 the detail was incredible but still musical not a hint of analytical overdose just every breath every finger movement the echo of the room the full extent the vocal chords of the singers.
The detail in the bass is incredible.
Quite simply a phenomenal iem. I'm struggling to see how you can improve on this.
I knew it would work out for you and your ears. Welcome to the happy E+ owners club.

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #12,557 of 18,013
Does anyone know how long is the Elan+ nozzle?
Is it 4.5mm-6mm?
Do you think that the Tri Clarion will be suitable and good for the Elan+ ?

PS: Well, I've just ordered them, Tri Clarion, let's see if they will suit the Elan+

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #12,558 of 18,013
I just listened to Pink Floyd - Echoes I & II with the Elan+
I thought it would just sound good
I was wrong
This is what I experienced

1.-Enter-C-A-T.gif

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #12,559 of 18,013
Apr 18, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #12,560 of 18,013
Does anyone know how long is the Elan+ nozzle?
Is it 4.5mm-6mm?
Do you think that the Tri Clarion will be suitable and good for the Elan+ ?

PS: Well, I've just ordered them, Tri Clarion, let's see if they will suit the Elan+
Nozzle on the Elan+ would be the same as the EDP Ace I'm assuming, so you should be good. I have the TRI Clarions on the Ace right now and I'm quite liking them.

Apr 18, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #12,561 of 18,013
That Echoes jam from Pompeii ... or most performances of Echoes ... is tremendous.
I've listened to many different versions a lot of times but this time with the Elan+ it was on a whole different level of space o_0
Surrounded by a huge 3D holographic space that had audio behind me, all around. Hard to express but it was exactly like experiencing the space of the venue as well as the music at a level of quality Ive never heard before
Essentially, exactly as @PeacockObscura was saying
For heavens sake, sell the house, the car, even the kids if you can but - buy an Elan+
(alright Maybe don't try to sell the kids)

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #12,562 of 18,013
Apr 19, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #12,563 of 18,013
After just a few hours I already like Seraph. Grandiose sound stage, height (especially) and depth, width ok but at this point not ultra wide, very clean sounding, great precision, highly detailed, layering & instrument separation. Bass is tight and controlled and stays where it should be. Vocals are clear but not forward. Cymbals have a very realistic shimmer. Got to be careful in keeping the volume down, just want to crank it.

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #12,564 of 18,013
Hi all, just a newbie question, can I use the IMR cable, which has longer pins, to another IEM like my RAPTGO HOOK-X?
In the photo, you can see both stock cables.

Thank you.

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #12,567 of 18,013
Just got a pair of OZAR. Out of the box I'm not impressed. IMR recommends 200-300 hours of burn-in. Really?
Yep. And probably more than 300. Many in this group can attest to something changing over that time.

Apr 21, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #12,570 of 18,013
The Elan +
To start, the new IMR DD is a thing of wonder in both the BC(23) and Elan + far outstripping any previous iterations in both speed, detail and texture, reaching low with little bleed into the mids. The space between bass notes confounds my brain. Picking string plucks clear of drums with room resonances clearly present.

Who knew that all that was needed to take IMRs beautiful bass and mids to the next level was a BA driver to work with the hugely improved bone conduction to give the best treble I've experienced.
No hint of BA timbre just Crystal clear musical treble with no harsh edges but tonnes of detail and clarity.

Vocals both male and female are sublimely natural the subtle nuances of each vocalists vocal chords rendered perfectly giving the impression of being in the room with the singer.

The coherence is equal to the best single DD iems I've had the privilege to hear. I'm not overstating when I say the Elan+ is the most natural, atmospheric, visceral, coherent and damn well enjoyable iem on the market at the moment Taking its place as the number one IMR IEM in my collection.

I will say after both BC(23) and Elan+ I think the IMR. Signature sound has evolved several levels beyond just bass monsters. For the first time I'm struggling to find a weakness in the frequency response across bass mids and treble where in the past there was always caveats that I lived with in the mids and treble to experience the glorious bass.
No longer, Bob and his team have cracked the source code and produced my version of perfection

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back