• Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 27, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #12,301 of 18,521
Mar 27, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #12,302 of 18,521
Wait ... ahead of Semper? If so ... 🤯
Hmmm,
Lets just say we/I finally have the King and Queen - Both Royalty, both having similar functions but together - Perfect
I cant say the Elan+ is better than the Semper because they are both offering the best of what can be done with their respective driver set ups
I feel profoundly lucky to have [for my ears] not just one but 2 TOTL IEMs o_0
One that is like warm tube perfection in terms of analoge like sound and the other...maybe the Queen - Elan + - super detailed but with 3D Holographic imaging from the Bone Conduction that is pure magic.

Im not usually into or interested in anything that has aspects that stand out - Im not interested in for example MASSIVE bass - Im looking for those goosebump moments when it not only sounds like but FEELS like you are there ON the stage with the artist or are in the audience - an experience like real life where you hear and feel the tiniest nuances of each individual instrument.
For an IEM to give that 'live' experience just blows my mind. It's quite possible i may be a teeny tiny bit of an Audiophile ?
Its synergy though that really brings them to their best - They really need a Top quality source to bring them to their best.

I have to be careful not to rant but i am LOVING the Elan+
Most if not all IMR's offer something special and unique But the Elan+ [for me] is offering a holistic complete experience whilst also offering a profound imaging and 3D holographic nous from the Bone Condusction driver

Its that holistic complete experience that puts the Elan+ above the rest (whilst not knocking the unique characteristics of each of the other IMR's!)

Mar 27, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #12,303 of 18,521
I have to be careful not to rant but i am LOVING the Elan+
Most if not all IMR's offer something special and unique But the Elan+ [for me] is offering a holistic complete experience whilst also offering a profound imaging and 3D holographic nous from the Bone Condusction driver

Its that holistic complete experience that puts the Elan+ above the rest (whilst not knocking the unique characteristics of each of the other IMR's!)

All I can say is, "Yep!"

Mar 27, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #12,304 of 18,521
All I can say is, "Yep!"
and I imagine [as you come from Utah] that this is you right now on your porch, lighting your cigar, blowing on the end of it with a muffled 'Yuuuuuup' forthcoming from your beard ? :D

Mar 27, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #12,306 of 18,521
No one mentions Zenith II anymore, that was a must have when it came out.
It still is - Although I think of it like a quality bottle of Vintage Bordeaux - you are just happy and totally satisfied to own it and enjoy deeply from time to time
The Elan+ shares a similar sound
I love the Zenith II - it has this unique butter caramel yet detailed pleasing sound to it. Its like a gorgeous pudding

Mar 27, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #12,307 of 18,521
No one mentions Zenith II anymore, that was a must have when it came out.
I was thinking about that yesterday.

and I imagine [as you come from Utah] that this is you right now on your porch, lighting your cigar, blowing on the end of it with a muffled 'Yuuuuuup' forthcoming from your beard ? :D

Well ... that's quite a picture of country gentility. :smile:

It's still winter here. I can look out my (home) office window and see snow on my lawn, so not very comfy on the porch, yet. I'm somewhat advanced in years, but couldn't grow a beard to save my life, and I have no history with tobacco. :smile: :smile:

Mar 27, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #12,308 of 18,521
Well ... that's quite a picture of country gentility. :smile:

It's still winter here. I can look out my (home) office window and see snow on my lawn, so not very comfy on the porch, yet. I'm somewhat advanced in years, but couldn't grow a beard to save my life, and I have no history with tobacco. :smile: :smile:

Aha, No problem. I have adjusted my imagination accordingly

images.jpg

Mar 27, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #12,309 of 18,521
Mar 27, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #12,310 of 18,521
Getting warmer ... or is it colder?
Probably why this thread has been such a great one over the years...most of us are moving gracefully [coughs] into 'middle' age

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #12,311 of 18,521
Wait ... ahead of Semper? If so ... 🤯
Personally I am enjoying the E+ more than the Semper. They are something special & have set a new bar for me.

Glad yours finally left Milton Keynes & made it to you.
Ive been listening to a few different albums today with a new arrival . . .
The ELAN +
A few quick impressions Out-Of-The_box with black/black filters & 2023 Black cable
(Sony WM1A - 4.4mm balanced) + (Hiby R3pro Sabre 2023)

* like Zenith II and Bass Cannon 2023 had a baby that grew up and became a lot more successful than its parents
* Similar 'natural' smooth warm-ish sound of the Zenith II but a lot more 'Professional' in terms of . . .
* Imaging, separation & placement which are Top Level - simply stunning
* Somehow - no matter what album I play, the Elan+ seems to magically rearrange the various instruments into the correct positions and put the vocals in the right place but weirdly it seems to offer this 'corrected' perfect imaging in the same way for any album I throw at it !!
* No matter what audio I play it ALL sounds incredible with similar tonalities, its also like hearing them all again, fresh for the first time
* The sound is SO well done it terms of it sounding essentially 'perfect' that its difficult to try to enjoy the various audiophile qualities of each instrument as I find I just too easily slip INTO the music itself
They are doing some things with the audio that I haven't heard before and which I can't explain and is just magical
Anyway, was just trying to share a 'quick' impression. :D
Think you have nailed the special qualities of the E+ there. The thing about magically rearranging everything into its right place I couldn't put into words but they do and make everything sound the best I've heard it. They are very worthy of a good setup as they will reward this.

So I got the Titan delivered at the weekend but didn't have a chance to open them until tonight. Surprised to find the Seraph+ in the box when I opened. Seraph is white & gold Titan is black & red? I've changed my order a few times & finally swapped S+ for Titan so I think that is why.

Rude not to give them a listen though. Will be comparing to the E+. Early thoughts are they sound more like my stax lambda pro estats than iem estats ever did. That is a massive compliment btw.
Took me a while to appreciate them after the E+ as they are very different. Bass reminds me of stax bass. Not powerful like DM or E+ but smooth and highly detailed with the occasional wow moment at the sheer range of bass you are hearing. Bass goes low on these. Vocals also remind me of the stax. Full of micro detail and buttery smooth. Harmonies are glorious. So yeah very over ear electrostat like. Smooth & detailed with an exhilarating side.

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #12,312 of 18,521
Hi, to all the Elan and Elan+ owners, does the Elan+ have more upper mids emphasis than Elan? I find the upper mid of Elan a touch metallic and slightly thin, wondering how the Elan+ sound.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #12,313 of 18,521
Hi, to all the Elan and Elan+ owners, does the Elan+ have more upper mids emphasis than Elan? I find the upper mid of Elan a touch metallic, wondering how the Elan+ sound.
By memory there are brighter on + and more quantity speaking. About their nature if they are more metallic or not, comparing to the OG it's hard to say. But keep in mind that upper mids are more pronounced on + for sure.

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #12,314 of 18,521
Hi, to all the Elan and Elan+ owners, does the Elan+ have more upper mids emphasis than Elan? I find the upper mid of Elan a touch metallic and slightly thin, wondering how the Elan+ sound.
I am not able to comment in comparison to the Elan but 'metallic' is not the word I would choose to describe my Elan+ mids. The same goes for 'thin'. Holographic is the far more suitable term imo...

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #12,315 of 18,521
I actually like all the settings. Depends on the tracks. Sometimes adding the XBass give a more profound experience. Sometimes the Xspace and Xbass together really suit a track and make it very holographic. With Dave Gilmour's Rattle that Lock, when all the X's are on it's pretty holographic. For classical music it's better disengaged IMHO. I do like the Go Blu, it's tiny but has a warmish sound that has some vinyl/analogue like characteristics. Sounds different to all the other Bluetooth dongles. It's my go to Bluetooth dongle and I have a few.

Thanks a lot for this feedback and I totally understand when you turn on/off you GO blu's X features. And indeed it sounds on the warm side, enjoy :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back