Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 17, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #11,596 of 18,520
24hours burn in, compared to some other models I have. Above the entry level single DD releases around or under 100$ in timbre, detail, soundstage and fun.

The low end has different energy compared to the subwoofer experience in EST50, both has no drop off in sub frequency's. While the bass rises earlier in BC giving bigger bass(mid), while the sub bass is increased more in EST50. The nuances of bass notes is better in EST50 while the BC slams harder and has less decay on BC.

Also the coherent sound of not having any BA or EST gives a different type of timbre, overall a thick sound with detailed highs.

Mids compared to my Penon and ISN models is not as pronounced, not that they are overshadowed by the bass. Just not as forward, similar type of low mid range energy to what the SA6 have.

Treble is very clear and I can not find any tiresome peaks.

All this might change over time with more burn in, just some notes for the curious. Cheers
DSCF1941.jpg

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #11,597 of 18,520
I have only one gripe with BC, and it's bad ergonomic's of the nozzle. Tried around 15 different types of tips, can only get ok seal with 4 of them.

I always have to use L or XL in tips, what has worked so far is 2 types of Xelastac, Dunu S&S and Moondrop Spring tips.

My normal go to the Kbear 07 Yellow is to small for some reason, and that's weird since the nozzle is large. I do think it all comes down to the angle of nozzle. Can still use them for a few hours with some discomfort before it get to much.

Still as a positive note, if the seal is not perfect the sound is still good. Probably due to the very open design.

I do love the BC anyways, I usually never listen for more than a hour before taking breaks. So the problem is solved there.

Really looking forward to how they evolve over the 200 next hours.

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #11,598 of 18,520
I have only one gripe with BC, and it's bad ergonomic's of the nozzle. Tried around 15 different types of tips, can only get ok seal with 4 of them.

I always have to use L or XL in tips, what has worked so far is 2 types of Xelastac, Dunu S&S and Moondrop Spring tips.

My normal go to the Kbear 07 Yellow is to small for some reason, and that's weird since the nozzle is large. I do think it all comes down to the angle of nozzle. Can still use them for a few hours with some discomfort before it get to much.

Still as a positive note, if the seal is not perfect the sound is still good. Probably due to the very open design.

I do love the BC anyways, I usually never listen for more than a hour before taking breaks. So the problem is solved there.

Really looking forward to how they evolve over the 200 next hours.
You may have them, but L Spiral Dots originals from Penon Audio were a godsend fit for me. Probably the only tip that keeps both it's dome and seal and stays in my ear through friction (other than Azla Crystals).

Edit

Penon do have some XL 15mm tips that are BIG.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #11,599 of 18,520
You may have them, but L Spiral Dots originals from Penon Audio were a godsend fit for me. Probably the only tip that keeps both it's dome and seal and stays in my ear through friction (other than Azla Crystals).

Edit

Cheers.
I have the Spiral Dots, they halfway work. Still this is not a big issue, had a similar issue with Penon Fan 2. The Dunu S&S in large work really well, just that they feel about weird to use 😅

Will check the XL you talk about.

Feb 17, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #11,600 of 18,520

Edit

I've listened to you, just ordered them. Let's hope they will work with my Rah 2023.

Feb 17, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #11,601 of 18,520
Feb 17, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #11,602 of 18,520
Looked around and did a search for 15mm, didn't see any. Any guidance?
Many moons ago I bought the 'Penon Fan' OG. They came to me, as well as with some normal tips, one very large 15mm pair of tips. I emailed Penon and they sent me a few pairs for a nominal cost. I only occasionally use them for difficult fitting IEMs. They are probably too big for most ears.

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #11,604 of 18,520
@archdawg.

How do you think Bob was able to increase the driver of Avalon & DM by "1mm" over the 10mm ADLC he uses in 90% of all the other IMR Monitor's? I can assure you it was not by purchasing of the self drivers from china! As Jon said Bob has been building & collaborating with other companies for many years now, he has even go as far as purchasing his own metal fabrication company! Hence my thoughts on Bob using identical dynamic drivers on 90% of his Monitor's and the difference in sound between Monitor's coming down to materials used, Shell shape ect... but most importantly tuning each monitor different!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #11,606 of 18,520
Had time to compare the Semper & E+ today & something I thought would never do but considering selling the Semper. They are very close but the E+ edges it going back & forth. Fit & comfort is better with the E+ & once they are in they stay in the ear.

I think the big difference is the bone conduction as it gives the E+ the edge in detail & imaging for me. It adds microdetails that give them the edge in vocals & bass detail & texture. Their bass has settled down quite a bit now from out of the box but is the best bass I've heard.

I've been thinking for a while the E+ reminds me of the Semper with bone conduction.
Randomly I think there is a degree of bone conduction happening with the Semper as so much of the shell is in contact with the ear.

I run the E+ on black/ blue & Semper on pink/blue to get similar sound. So the Semper has more bass as its the only IMR I've had to reduce bass with filters. But with both on the setup I like I prefer the E+.

I also compared the micron industrial SD card Ive been using for about a year to a standard SanDisk ultra & yeah the micron card adds something. Hard to explain exactly what that is but I think being able to handle more data at higher speed when listening to high res files get better clarity & impact. When you've got your setup to your liking I def recommend the micron sd cards as the finishing touch.
Ibasso 300Max with micron card --> PWAudio 1950's cable --> E+ is perfect setup for me with them all complimenting each other perfectly.

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #11,607 of 18,520
I finally found a cable for my DM 😎 that kinda matches. Now to give it 40 hours or so burn in to see if it sounds okay. Nicehck BlackSoul. Can't rec it yet since I just got it.

Btw, anyone thinking of cancelling their Zion order let me know and I will ask Bob to transfer the order. (You get refund, but no risk of me not getting in the is that line.).

Attachments

• 0217231914_HDR.jpg
    0217231914_HDR.jpg
    929 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #11,608 of 18,520
wasn't that the guy who had an issue with IMR?
He did put a vid on YouTube saying don't buy IMR & he would never listen to them out of principle. Seems to have gone now. Hope he does listen to a pair as I think a reviewer should review everything regardless. I like his vids altho when I've thrown money at pairs he has raved about (thieaudio phantom & Mest 2) I wasn't blown away & sold them.
Unfollowing this thread. God Bless Y'all
God bless you too. Will miss your posts in here but always look out for you in other threads. Hope you make it to endgame someday.

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #11,609 of 18,520
Had time to compare the Semper & E+ today & something I thought would never do but considering selling the Semper. They are very close but the E+ edges it going back & forth. Fit & comfort is better with the E+ & once they are in they stay in the ear.

I think the big difference is the bone conduction as it gives the E+ the edge in detail & imaging for me. It adds microdetails that give them the edge in vocals & bass detail & texture. Their bass has settled down quite a bit now from out of the box but is the best bass I've heard.

I've been thinking for a while the E+ reminds me of the Semper with bone conduction.
Randomly I think there is a degree of bone conduction happening with the Semper as so much of the shell is in contact with the ear.

I run the E+ on black/ blue & Semper on pink/blue to get similar sound. So the Semper has more bass as its the only IMR I've had to reduce bass with filters. But with both on the setup I like I prefer the E+.

I also compared the micron industrial SD card Ive been using for about a year to a standard SanDisk ultra & yeah the micron card adds something. Hard to explain exactly what that is but I think being able to handle more data at higher speed when listening to high res files get better clarity & impact. When you've got your setup to your liking I def recommend the micron sd cards as the finishing touch.
Ibasso 300Max with micron card --> PWAudio 1950's cable --> E+ is perfect setup for me with them all complimenting each other perfectly.
Definitely looking forward to getting mine. Maybe a week out on shipping.

You've set a high bar. I look forward to clearing it.

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #11,610 of 18,520
I never liked the BA sound. Semper uses ESTs while Elan+ has BAs. Comparing Elan+ to Semper seems a little like apples and oranges. How does the timbre compare? Soundstage?

It just seems like they would be more different than similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back