Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 16, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #11,567 of 18,514
To all the guys in the UK who have purchased the B.C 23 if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? Are you still getting a loyalty discount? It's so different now us guys in the UK having to pay V.A.T it sort of cancels out the discount! I know it's not Bob's fault but it has made it a lot harder for me to afford the higher priced IMR's now!
The reason I'm curious about the price in the UK is all the amazing impressions im hearing from EVERYONE who owns the B.C 23, especially after 'dharmasteve" saying it's a upgrade to DM knowing how much he loves DM and when Jon Parker gave me this short description...
"It seems a real contradiction - big bass / forward mids but then it can also sound very well balanced with very clear Very high Audiophile quality of note resolution and a natural timbre and tonality.
It's quite hard to tie down whats its nature and qualities are
Even though the quality is exceptional"!!

So in short I'm "Considering" selling my DM and picking up a B.C 23? i would just buy the B.C but unfortunately i cannot afford to buy them outright at present!
So if i can sell my DM for roughly the same price as the B.C 23 for us in the UK i think it could be the right way to go?

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #11,568 of 18,514
My bc finally arrived after sitting at a different post office in my area for 10days. I had to sign for it which was strange to me. Because the driver was about to leave with it after only one doorbell ring.

Attachments

• 20230216_150832.JPG
    20230216_150832.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230216_150839.JPG
    20230216_150839.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #11,569 of 18,514
IMRs rolling in all over today :L3000:

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #11,570 of 18,514
To all the guys in the UK who have purchased the B.C 23 if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? Are you still getting a loyalty discount? It's so different now us guys in the UK having to pay V.A.T it sort of cancels out the discount! I know it's not Bob's fault but it has made it a lot harder for me to afford the higher priced IMR's now!
The reason I'm curious about the price in the UK is all the amazing impressions im hearing from EVERYONE who owns the B.C 23, especially after 'dharmasteve" saying it's a upgrade to DM knowing how much he loves DM and when Jon Parker gave me this short description...
"It seems a real contradiction - big bass / forward mids but then it can also sound very well balanced with very clear Very high Audiophile quality of note resolution and a natural timbre and tonality.
It's quite hard to tie down whats its nature and qualities are
Even though the quality is exceptional"!!

So in short I'm "Considering" selling my DM and picking up a B.C 23? i would just buy the B.C but unfortunately i cannot afford to buy them outright at present!
So if i can sell my DM for roughly the same price as the B.C 23 for us in the UK i think it could be the right way to go?
Take your time - at the moment the BC23 is out of stock anyway...

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #11,571 of 18,514
@zikarus

oh didn't realize that thanks for pointing it out👍
do you(or anyone else) know if Bob is still trading in old models?

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #11,572 of 18,514
@zikarus
oh didn't that thanks for pointing it out👍
do you(or anyone else) know if Bob is still trading in old models?
I asked a few weeks ago and they replied they do, but only for in-stock models. As the BC has launched it may well work even if it’s temporarily out of stock, I think what Brandon meant was that they don’t do trade-ins for preorder models.

Another note to all cable freaks: if you are looking into Kotori cables, consider writing to them beforehand. I did just to inquire about compatibility with IMR and their stock of one model, and ended up with an offer for an unannounced cable, three jack termination options including an interchangeable one, a choice of 4 or 8 cores, and a nice discount on top. Haven’t bought yet as I had another one on order but it is most tempting!

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #11,573 of 18,514
I received my Ozar and listening to it since then. I love it! Since I haven’t used any filter system before, what’s your favourite colour combination for best results.

I am now getting an idea why everyone in here is so excited about this brand and its IEM, it‘s really fun listening to them.

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #11,574 of 18,514
I just noticed they still have 7 B.C's on the IMR Ebay store! Does anyone know if these are the 2023 or the older Aten model?

The more i think about it i wonder if the difference in presentation compared to DM is due to the B.C having an open back design? I would be really interested to know if the 6mm Driver in B.C is a conductoin motor as in DM? With all the impressions being so close I'm wondering if the same Drivers were used in DM & B.C 23? The only difference i can see is the DM having the small 1mm increase in the larger DD? I just can't see Bob designing & engineering a completely new 10mm & 6mm dynamic Driver when he had perfectly good ones in Dark Matter? This would explain the similarities between the two with the only differences coming down to the open & closed back?

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #11,575 of 18,514
I just noticed they still have 7 B.C's on the IMR Ebay store! Does anyone know if these are the 2023 or the older Aten model?

The more i think about it i wonder if the difference in presentation compared to DM is due to the B.C having an open back design? I would be really interested to know if the 6mm Driver in B.C is a conductoin motor as in DM? With all the impressions being so close I'm wondering if the same Drivers were used in DM & B.C 23? The only difference i can see is the DM having the small 1mm increase in the larger DD? I just can't see Bob designing & engineering a completely new 10mm & 6mm dynamic Driver when he had perfectly good ones in Dark Matter? This would explain the similarities between the two with the only differences coming down to the open & closed back?
Sure looks like the new version to me

Feb 16, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #11,576 of 18,514
The description says "Utilising the all new 2023 IMR ADLC Bass Dynamic driver combined with the an all new midrange/treble ADLC (amorphous diamond like carbon) driver provides a bass heads dream IEM."

Why would he design his own drivers (CNT ADLC DD, BA, BCM, planars) when they're readily available on Asian markets? With IMR's limited numbers (50, 100, ... sets) I'd doubt that.

Regarding those eBay sales (and prices) I'd just wait for some more sets to show up on the IMR page and get the 30% discount, even though your VAT will eat up most of it.

BTW ... I took a closer look at the B-stock Dark Matter ('Flagship') he's selling for 314 Eurazos on eBay, but since most folks here rank the new BC higher than them I'm glad I got one of the last sets of the latter for 60€ less. They just need to find their way through that ongoing postal & customs chaos in the UK and over here before I fly back home or I'll have to wait another month before I get them.

Feb 16, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #11,578 of 18,514
Bob has been TUNING / creating his own drivers with his driver maker for years now & working with various people to perfect the IMR sound
although Im not sure if with USA Sonion BC driver for example you have any choice of the 'tuning' per se or whether they just ship them as is?
No one in their right mind would just buy stock Asian drivers . . . Unless you want to bleed your ears with Kpop treble :)

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #11,580 of 18,514
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back