Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 3, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #11,266 of 18,505

Your eartip position is correct. However, I don't know if there's bone conduction motors in your RAH, I'm not familiar with this model, but the basic advise from me will be that IEM shell should be touching your ear, not hanging on the nozzle, and if you can't achieve that close position, you can put eartips further on the nozzle, but only with black and gold nozzles, on the others that will block the vent hole and affect the sound.
Thank you for mentioning this, I wanted to ask, too! The IMR Rah is the first IEM that makes me feel like they are almost hanging on the nozzle! I have not had this feeling with any other of my IEMs, all of which are shown in my signature. How can I resolve this? By putting on a smaller tip size, maybe? It's not that they are like hanging on the nozzle, it is just this feeling of not perfect fitting I am getting with these. I have not dealt with this matter, yet, because I am still burning them in + due to lack of time, I haven't had much time to deal with them.

Also, not judging, not assessing, but... all I am mostly hearing, so far, is bass. It's like there is a veil, cutting off the mids and treble. It must be due to not been burned in, yet. Right?

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #11,267 of 18,505
And, by the way, is there bone conduction motors in the Rah?

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #11,269 of 18,505
I'm addicted. I'm addicted to the IMR 2023 Bass Cannon. Not just the bass, somehow the whole balance is 'Right'. The only fault I thought may be a narrower stage than some. So I decided to check out on some Jazz. On Ornette Coleman's "Focus on Sanity" it's usually hard to get the double bass notes loud enough and positionally correct compared to drums and trumpet. Get the gain to allow the Double Bass to have good volume (and it's lovely timbre) compared to the trumpet. On many sets doing that actually makes the trumpets scream....not with the 2023 BC. Double Bass notes have the reverb, thickness and realistic decay, that sounds 'right'. Usually it is hard for all IEM's to do that on "Focus on Sanity". Yet everything sounds perfect with the Bass Cannon 2023, and the trumpets actually appear just outside of the head-space. Spatially perfect. Also to get ADLC drivers to sound analogue is a feat in itself. A prime level IEM.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #11,270 of 18,505
Thank you for mentioning this, I wanted to ask, too! The IMR Rah is the first IEM that makes me feel like they are almost hanging on the nozzle! I have not had this feeling with any other of my IEMs, all of which are shown in my signature. How can I resolve this? By putting on a smaller tip size, maybe? It's not that they are like hanging on the nozzle, it is just this feeling of not perfect fitting I am getting with these. I have not dealt with this matter, yet, because I am still burning them in + due to lack of time, I haven't had much time to deal with them.

Also, not judging, not assessing, but... all I am mostly hearing, so far, is bass. It's like there is a veil, cutting off the mids and treble. It must be due to not been burned in, yet. Right?
I recommend using short eartips which won't protrude too much from the nozzle. The stock eartips are actually good in that case. Spiral Dot, Xelastec are also a good option, especially Spiral Dot IMHO. Try to avoid eartips with pivoting caps - they never worked for me, they fold when you push earphones in, and then unfold when you release them, resulting in hanging on the nozzle.

I assume that after burn in will be complete, the other frequencies should become more prominent, but, if I remember correctly, I've seen graph from crinacle, in which RAH looks pretty similar to R2 Aten, which to me had recessed mids. I don't know if RAH will actually sound similar to R2 Aten, so I suggest you to just wait until they burn in.

Feb 3, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #11,271 of 18,505
Ambient? Chill? Trance? Massage music? I don't know how to categorize this stuff, but I'm enjoying this full album on Amazon Music. Didn't find the full album on YT, but this will get you pointed in the right direction.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #11,272 of 18,505
The tracking number tricked me on the mail system, hasn't been updated since Wednesday. But they are having some problems with the post servers. And Yes I'm impatient for my BC.

Will be my first IMR, actually had the Na-Le on order but cancelled and bought the BC.

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #11,273 of 18,505
I recommend using short eartips which won't protrude too much from the nozzle. The stock eartips are actually good in that case. Spiral Dot, Xelastec are also a good option, especially Spiral Dot IMHO. Try to avoid eartips with pivoting caps - they never worked for me, they fold when you push earphones in, and then unfold when you release them, resulting in hanging on the nozzle.

I assume that after burn in will be complete, the other frequencies should become more prominent, but, if I remember correctly, I've seen graph from crinacle, in which RAH looks pretty similar to R2 Aten, which to me had recessed mids. I don't know if RAH will actually sound similar to R2 Aten, so I suggest you to just wait until they burn in.
Thank you for your suggestions and advice! 👍

After burning them in, I will try the ear tips I have from my other IEMs. With the Rah, not many stock tips arrived. Right now I am listening a bit using the provided foam black tips. They feel like a good seal.

Not many from here comment on the Rah, don't know why.

I am right now listening to a YouTube Progressive (brilliant) mix and the bass is tremendous!!

Tomorrow morning at 9:00, I will be at 72 hours, burn-in. I so hope/wait for when the treble will become alive!

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #11,274 of 18,505
Thank you for your suggestions and advice! 👍

After burning them in, I will try the ear tips I have from my other IEMs. With the Rah, not many stock tips arrived. Right now I am listening a bit using the provided foam black tips. They feel like a good seal.

Not many from here comment on the Rah, don't know why.

I am right now listening to a YouTube Progressive (brilliant) mix and the bass is tremendous!!

Tomorrow morning at 9:00, I will be at 72 hours, burn-in. I so hope/wait for when the treble will become alive!
If you like the bc, rah it's the next step. It's my perfect Iem, I'm ordering a second pair

Feb 3, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #11,275 of 18,505
If you like the bc, rah it's the next step. It's my perfect Iem, I'm ordering a second pair
The Rah 2023 is my first IMR. I've never had any other model.

Feb 3, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #11,276 of 18,505
...but the basic advise from me will be that IEM shell should be touching your ear, not hanging on the nozzle...
Hi again, sorry for the newbie question but I never had an IEM of this shape, so when you say the IEM shell should be touching my ear, you mean the area I point in my screenshot below, correct?

Attachments

• Rah1.jpg
    Rah1.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 0
Feb 4, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #11,277 of 18,505
Hi again, sorry for the newbie question but I never had an IEM of this shape, so when you say the IEM shell should be touching my ear, you mean the area I point in my screenshot below, correct?
As long as your ear makes a seal with the tip. You are in the safe side

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #11,278 of 18,505
As long as your ear makes a seal with the tip. You are in the safe side
Thank you for your reply but, unfortunately, this does not appear to be the problem...

The problem appears to be the long nozzle the Rah have. It is the first IEM of this shape and size I own, none of my other IEMs ever gave me a fitting issue. A few posts back I have "complained" that the stock cable cannot sit behind my ear, I said that with a simple head movement it almost falls out of my ear. Today was the first day I had some, little, time to wear the Rah properly. I observed that the problem is that they do not go deep into my ear. I took the tips off and wore them and they sit properly.

I changed the tips with a pair from my Tansio Mirai Sands, shown in the attached picture. These are very short tips and they are very thin, as well. With these, my Rah sits better on my ears. They sound OK but I will not comment on the sound at all, since my Rah completed just 72 hours this morning.

I've emailed Bob about this matter. Here is his response:

Hi Nick

Sorry I have been very busy and taking a little longer to work through emails.

Have you tried using the chin slider to secure the IEMs?

As they are universal you will find on some ear anatomy's they may protrude.

We always recommend our own tips and have been matched to work best. I couldn't recommend any other brand in particular.

Rah does not need to touch your ear and wear which ever way feels comfortable.

Regards
Bob
Owner
www.imracoustics.com

Finally, I've tried to order the Spiral Dots from Amazon UK but for some stupid reason I cannot understand, it says these items cannot be delivered to my area. I am a Prime member. Are these good for the Rah, what do you think?

Attachments

• sandsTips.jpg
    sandsTips.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #11,279 of 18,505
Thank you for your reply but, unfortunately, this does not appear to be the problem...

The problem appears to be the long nozzle the Rah have. It is the first IEM of this shape and size I own, none of my other IEMs ever gave me a fitting issue. A few posts back I have "complained" that the stock cable cannot sit behind my ear, I said that with a simple head movement it almost falls out of my ear. Today was the first day I had some, little, time to wear the Rah properly. I observed that the problem is that they do not go in my ear. I took the tips off and wore them and they sit properly.

I've changed the tips with a pair from my Tansio Mirai Sands, shown in the attached picture. These are very short tips and they are very thin, as well. With those, my Rah sits better on my ears. They sound OK but I will not comment on the sound at all, since my Rah completed just 72 hours this morning.

I've emailed Bob about this matter. Here is his response:

Hi Nick

Sorry I have been very busy and taking a little longer to work through emails.

Have you tried using the chin slider to secure the IEMs?

As they are universal you will find on some ear anatomy's they may protrude.

We always recommend our own tips and have been matched to work best. I couldn't recommend any other brand in particular.

Rah does not need to touch your ear and wear which ever way feels comfortable.

Regards
Bob
Owner
www.imracoustics.com

Finally, I've tried to order the Spiral Dots from Amazon UK but for some stupid reason I cannot understand, it says these items cannot be delivered to my area. I am a Prime member. Are these good for the Rah, what do you think?
you can try Penon.

https://penonaudio.com/jvc-spiral-dot-silicone-eartips.html?search=jvc

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #11,280 of 18,505
Thanks for your reply but it takes 10 - 12 days for the items to arrive from Hong Kong, I had a recent experience with my PAC cable from Penon for my Sands. More importantly, though, is that with my Prime Amazon membership, I can return any product, no questions asked.

Additionally, these are the normal Spiral Dots, whereas those I've linked above are the Spiral Dot++

Anyways, if anyone can suggest any short eartips, I would sincerely appreciate it! I will definitely need them because the Rah does not sit so well on my ears, with the stock tips (unfortunately😔😔😥).

PS: with those tips from the Sands it sounds OK/good but I cannot comment before at least 250 hours of playback time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back