Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 2, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #11,253 of 18,520
It seems my BC was finally taken to the post today. Kinda throws out the all being taken to the post office at the same time, since some already have thiers delivered.

I asked Bob a few questions about the 2023 models and only got 1 piece of information from it all . So my question was, would the Rah 23 be an upgrade frome the edp ace. His response was that it's a considerable upgrade, with a new planar driver, and a new generation 11mm adlc driver. So that's all the new information I got. If anyone else can get some real specs of the new BC and all the other pieces that have been updated, please let us know.

I also just talked with someone at Ikko and may be getting an oh7, which is inda my endgame I think.
I cant c how theres a difference between the two 10mm planar
They prob mass produced china planars

Bob aint got the mass order to get a supplier to make him a new 10mm planar
Just prob tuned different

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #11,254 of 18,520
Feb 2, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #11,255 of 18,520
Woo! Great news for me.
Meanwhile... Royal Mail have held the package in the Belper PO since Jan 9th. Figured they would have started shifting the international mail by now. First no Na Le for months, now no Ozar...

Such first world problems, but I am impatient, especially as waiting for a purchase sparks a lot of sub-purchases to scratch the itch in the meantime that I'm too weak to hold out on.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #11,257 of 18,520
I have to say that I can't work out how the tracking numbers we get for bulk shipments work, or actually don't. I have tracking numbers for my Seraph+ and Titan and despite having them for some time, they still don't even show as being with the UK Post Office or Parcelforce. In contrast, thanks to the constant wonderful reviews that you guys keep posting about the 2023 BC, I gave in yesterday and ordered a set from Bob's stock. He shipped it today and already the tracking is active and shows that it was dropped at the Belper Post Office and is on its way to Heathrow!! So why no indication that the Seraph+ and Titan have even been entered into the system!! Does anyone have active tracking on either of them?

Feb 3, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #11,258 of 18,520
Wait time have the same effect, bought the Neon Pro full knowing it's 1-2 months for delivery. Said no more purchases meanwhile, not even a chi-fi budget IEM.
Had a slower time at work and catched up on this thread, the impressions on BC couldn't stop the MasterCard from popping into the site 😉

Meanwhile... Royal Mail have held the package in the Belper PO since Jan 9th. Figured they would have started shifting the international mail by now. First no Na Le for months, now no Ozar...

Such first world problems, but I am impatient, especially as waiting for a purchase sparks a lot of sub-purchases to scratch the itch in the meantime that I'm too weak to hold out on.

Feb 3, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #11,259 of 18,520
Hello guys,

I’ve received my IMR Rah 2023, yesterday, and since then I’ve started burning them in. I have a question about the provided cables. I’ve put them on for like half an hour, and when I am moving my head normally, the cable does not stay behind my ears. For example, I’ve brushed my teeth and the cable does not stay in place. Is this something that will bet improved with time or should I start looking for another cable?

One other thing I’ve observed, in the very little time I’ve used them, is that if I will touch them a bit to adjust them, the sound changes dramatically, like it cuts off. Is this because I am covering the vents?

Finally, I’ve observed that they are recessed. Can you suggest me any adapter to be able to connect the Rah with a FiiO UTWS5? Do you think that the FiiO can drive the Rah well?

Thank you
Anyone, please?

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #11,260 of 18,520
Anyone, please?
Speaking of cable, you can adjust it behind the ears by using hair dryer. Just heat them (but not for too long, around 10-15 seconds on medium heat power), then bend it to more comfortable form for you, and let it cool down in that form. I did this with every single cable I've got.

About sound changing when you touch the shells: do you use black or gold nozzles? If that happens only with them, I suggest you to contact IMR support, maybe they will help you, maybe even offer a replacement for your RAH if there's something wrong with them.

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #11,261 of 18,520
Thank you for your reply! :)

The Rah have 2 vents. Is this why the sound is changing when I am touching them a bit to adjust them on my ears? I think, that might be it.

I've received my pair on February, 1st. Since then, I have started burning them in. I have listened to them only for a few minutes the previous days, no more than that. I have not changed the nozzles or anything else. I have just placed one size larger eartips, the same stock tips, just one size larger.

Should I put the eartip further down or is it in the correct position?

Thank you

Attachments

• Rah4.jpg
    Rah4.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Rah3.jpg
    Rah3.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 0
  • Rah2.jpg
    Rah2.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Rah1.jpg
    Rah1.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 3, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #11,262 of 18,520

The Rah have 2 vents. Is this why the sound is changing when I am touching them a bit to adjust them on my ears? I think, that might be it.

I've received my pair on February, 1st. Since then, I have started burning them in. I have listened to them only for a few minutes the previous days, no more than that. I have not changed the nozzles or anything else. I have just placed one size larger eartips, the same stock tips, just one size larger.

Thank you
yes the sound does change or even cuts off especially when you block the vents or if you are pushing the iems in your ears mainly because of the change in air pressure.

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #11,263 of 18,520

Thank you
Yeah, if the sound changes only when you adjust them, then that's okay.

Your eartip position is correct. However, I don't know if there's bone conduction motors in your RAH, I'm not familiar with this model, but the basic advise from me will be that IEM shell should be touching your ear, not hanging on the nozzle, and if you can't achieve that close position, you can put eartips further on the nozzle, but only with black and gold nozzles, on the others that will block the vent hole and affect the sound.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #11,264 of 18,520
I think I found a solution for hot upper mids on my DM: I've replaced meshes on blue filters with meshes from Tiandirenhe TD06 blue filters, which have additional black screen installed under the regular metallic mesh. Now I can enjoy my DM. I find it kinda funny that my very first bought IEM came to help me with my last (15th) IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back