• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 2, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #11,236 of 18,013
Hello guys,

I’ve received my IMR Rah 2023, yesterday, and since then I’ve started burning them in. I have a question about the provided cables. I’ve put them on for like half an hour, and when I am moving my head normally, the cable does not stay behind my ears. For example, I’ve brushed my teeth and the cable does not stay in place. Is this something that will bet improved with time or should I start looking for another cable?

One other thing I’ve observed, in the very little time I’ve used them, is that if I will touch them a bit to adjust them, the sound changes dramatically, like it cuts off. Is this because I am covering the vents?

Finally, I’ve observed that they are recessed. Can you suggest me any adapter to be able to connect the Rah with a FiiO UTWS5? Do you think that the FiiO can drive the Rah well?

Thank you

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #11,237 of 18,013
Dumb me, by mistake I've bought the SednaEarfit Crystal TWS, which means these are for wireless earphones :D
But I've decided to try them out anyway and by my surprise they work great!
Most likely because of the very short nozzle, my DMs sit nicely in my concha without sticking out even a bit. Furthermore the fit is great and after two hours of testing the seal seems to be a lot sturdier than with Spiral Dots and Spinfits, which I had to amend every 10-15 mins.
As for the sound, it opened quite a bit (more clarity and sparkly highs, although I had to go back to the gold filter instead of the red one) in comparison to the Spinfits, which are more on the dark side. The bass is a touch less, but still very strong.
Not sure yet if this will be my daily setup, but it's for sure very comfy.
I'm wondering if the normal Crystals sound similar :wink:
these are the ones I use on all my IMR they sound superb
IMG_20230126_142409.jpg

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #11,238 of 18,013
Hello guys,

I’ve received my IMR Rah 2023, yesterday, and since then I’ve started burning them in. I have a question about the provided cables. I’ve put them on for like half an hour, and when I am moving my head normally, the cable does not stay behind my ears. For example, I’ve brushed my teeth and the cable does not stay in place. Is this something that will bet improved with time or should I start looking for another cable?

One other thing I’ve observed, in the very little time I’ve used them, is that if I will touch them a bit to adjust them, the sound changes dramatically, like it cuts off. Is this because I am covering the vents?

Finally, I’ve observed that they are recessed. Can you suggest me any adapter to be able to connect the Rah with a FiiO UTWS5? Do you think that the FiiO can drive the Rah well?

Thank you

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #11,239 of 18,013
Thinking of possibly selling my DM. It would be like this, but WITH the small carry case.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Thanks.

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #11,241 of 18,013
Wait, 400 hours must pass!
If that's for me, I'm probably around 2,500 700 to 800 hours on the DM. I received them in June.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #11,243 of 18,013
If that's for me, I'm probably around 2,500 hours on the DM. I received them in June.
That's crazy. That's like 10 hours per day, every day of the week. How do you put that many hours on a single set of IEMs, plus listen to other IEMs as well?

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #11,244 of 18,013
That's crazy. That's like 10 hours per day, every day of the week. How do you put that many hours on a single set of IEMs, plus listen to other IEMs as well?
I see what you mean.

Start with 400 hours of passive burn-in.

Then actively using since early July. So, 7 months (31 weeks), but not exclusively using these, as you allude to. Conservative estimate of 10 hours a week. 310 + 400 = 710, at the low end.

The rapidity of passive burn-in tripped me up. :)

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #11,246 of 18,013
An easy way to burn in IEMs is to have a old smartphone or DAP, I burn in new gear during the night in a room where it does not interrupt.

Take it off in the morning for a break and use the set some hours during the evening, and back again for burn in during the night.

The hours rack up quite fast then, and while not perfect from the start, there's no wrong in enjoying it during burn in journey.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #11,247 of 18,013
An easy way to burn in IEMs is to have a old smartphone or DAP, I burn in new gear during the night in a room where it does not interrupt.

Take it off in the morning for a break and use the set some hours during the evening, and back again for burn in during the night.

The hours rack up quite fast then, and while not perfect from the start, there's no wrong in enjoying it during burn in journey.
Yes, I connect to an old laptop and cycle through the Brandenburg Concertos. Rest about 1 hour in 24.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #11,248 of 18,013

Yeah, that's what I do! :)

I use my FiiO M3K, which I never use for anything else, and I burn the IEMs 24/7. Like my Rah right now

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #11,250 of 18,013
The last email suggested movement on Titan/Seraph etc this week after the Royal Mail International shipping issue but that doesn't seem to be the case; seems to be other models landing?

Am I the only one that has NOT yet received a tracking number for a Titan? ...and also for Zion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back