Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 23, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #11,026 of 18,509
These Elan+ are very special. I'm loving them so far. Think they could replace the DM in the line up which says a lot given how much I love the DM. The Elan+ match the intensity & intimacy of the DM but take things deeper & wider. I'm using the same tips I use on the DM - azla crystal light short - but I think whatever you use on the DM will be good.

The bass is something else on them. Colossal, detailed & textured. I think the best bass I've heard. Has something of the Aten bass about them but an evolution of that. But it doesn't steal the show or unbalance them as vocals are sublime and mids seem more forward than the DM. Highs remind me of the Astra smooth and detailed.

These have demolished any test track I've thrown at them so far. I've got people round & I have to keep making an excuse to disappear & listen to them for a few minutes & then can't take them out.
Excellent impressions. Patiently waiting for mine to start the journey form the UK to Vietnam!

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #11,027 of 18,509
Hey there,

I am following IMR and their IEM for a while and it seems that are many amazing options (if available) and also new ones. As I am loving a great and rich bass and trying to get my first pair of IMR I am not sure which one to choose.

I got an offer for Ozar which seem a wonderful IEM but always read amazing things about Dark Matter. And there also seems to be a new BC and Elan+ which are even more powerful in bass and richness than the Ozar and Dark Matter.

Is there any advice how I should proceed with choosing my first IMR? Thanks so much for any tips and recommendations.

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #11,028 of 18,509
Hey there,

I am following IMR and their IEM for a while and it seems that are many amazing options (if available) and also new ones. As I am loving a great and rich bass and trying to get my first pair of IMR I am not sure which one to choose.

I got an offer for Ozar which seem a wonderful IEM but always read amazing things about Dark Matter. And there also seems to be a new BC and Elan+ which are even more powerful in bass and richness than the Ozar and Dark Matter.

Is there any advice how I should proceed with choosing my first IMR? Thanks so much for any tips and recommendations.
What is your source? Where are you doing to use them? What are music genres you mostly listen to?

P.S. Cheers London

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #11,029 of 18,509
What is your source? Where are you doing to use them? What are music genres you mostly listen to?

P.S. Cheers London

My music genres are mostly funk, soul, rnb, hiphop, electronic, house, indie, folk, pop, trip hop, dnb, so almost everything but lots of bassy stuff to.

Right now I am using an iPhone with Questyle M12 dongle DAC with Fiio FH3, Timeless and IKKO OH10. I use Tidal and Spotify as source. Thinking about getting an DX170 as the iPhone lacks power on the M12 (my laptop powers it much better).

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #11,030 of 18,509
My IMR New Bass Cannons are on the way, I am looking forward to comparing with the Dark Matter and Sony XBA N3. They are my two thump-meisters, so will the New BC offer something different? I'll know in a couple of days, sans burn-in. I had ordered them months ago but cancelled to put the money into something else. Now though they are in stock. I've been buying IEMs for such a long time and have so many, but generally speaking Bob's IMR's are the best. I'm getting that excitement back

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #11,031 of 18,509
My music genres are mostly funk, soul, rnb, hiphop, electronic, house, indie, folk, pop, trip hop, dnb, so almost everything but lots of bassy stuff to.

Right now I am using an iPhone with Questyle M12 dongle DAC with Fiio FH3, Timeless and IKKO OH10. I use Tidal and Spotify as source. Thinking about getting an DX170 as the iPhone lacks power on the M12 (my laptop powers it much better).

It's hard to go wrong with DM and sounds like Elan+ is special. They will be a step (or two) up from Ozar, but nothing wrong with starting there, either.

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #11,032 of 18,509

BC and DM need good power delivery, Ozar n Elan are much easier to drive. DM have more analog sound while Elan n Ozar more punchy un fun maybe.

Another interesting band from London

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #11,034 of 18,509

Pretty much pick any IMR they shine with all those genres pretty much. IMR just has the right bass centric foundation to give depth to most music. Grab a cheap Ozar to get a feel for the brand and then onwards and upwards from there. Don't over think it.

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #11,035 of 18,509
Hey there,

I had both and kept only the Ozar, simply because the DM sounded congested with the acoustic music I listen to. The Ozar has bass to spare and an excellent soundstage. The DM has a bit more bass but not so much. I used for both the blue nozzle with dark grey base.
The Ozar is very easy to recommend, the DM perhaps needs more modern music to outperform it, if that will ever happen...

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #11,036 of 18,509
I had both and kept only the Ozar, simply because the DM sounded congested with the acoustic music I listen to. The Ozar has bass to spare and an excellent soundstage. The DM has a bit more bass but not so much. I used for both the blue nozzle with dark grey base.
The Ozar is very easy to recommend, the DM perhaps needs more modern music to outperform it, if that will ever happen...
Thanks so much! Sounds like a great approach. Just gave a price suggestion on an Ozark.

Jan 24, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #11,039 of 18,509
A small update for those waiting on Titan. Apparently they have all shipped, but they're in a huge queue at the Royal Post. The original tracking numbers are still valid. No idea when the packages will start moving.
From the Royal Mail website:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-24-06-55-45-32_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-06-55-45-32_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    697.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 24, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #11,040 of 18,509
Had the IMR Bass Cannon in my ears for about 3 hours. Shanling M3X as source, 4.4mm stock cable, L Spiral Dots. All pre-burn-in. Early days.
My expectation was somewhere in the Dark Matter ballpark, but with the BC's new composite ADLC drivers. I have no idea of the size of the main ADLC driver. How wrong my expectations are. Much more like the Zenith II, but easier to drive. Loud on 26 high gain. No hard, driving digital, sounds. Much more analogue, very smooth, surprisingly forward vocals. Bass still to open up fully, impactful, but not hard edged. Calling it the Bass Canon actually sells this short. It's really good sounding in its own right across the FR. Sounds excellent straight out of the box. I like the treble end a lot, probably due to the smaller of the ADLC drivers taking care of them. Now to get some hours behind them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back