Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 13, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #10,576 of 18,013
Hey, anybody knows what happened to @RumbleWeed ? He asked for my Celest Gumiho impression, which I then wrote and posted the link to my impression here, replying to his post...but since then he has not been active, nor do I think he has seen the impression. I checked his latest activity and it was that last post asking me for the Gumiho impression on Nov 9, 2022. Complete radio silence since then, it has been over a month now. Does anybody know him in real life or live close to him, have his contact info? Can you check up on him?

Dec 13, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #10,577 of 18,013
Hey, anybody knows what happened to @RumbleWeed ? He asked for my Celest Gumiho impression, which I then wrote and posted the link to my impression here, replying to his post...but since then he has not been active, nor do I think he has seen the impression. I checked his latest activity and it was that last post asking me for the Gumiho impression on Nov 9, 2022. Complete radio silence since then, it has been over a month now. Does anybody know him in real life or live close to him, have his contact info? Can you check up on him?
This happens sometimes... I'm not sure if IEMusic ever gave a heads up that they were signing off... and Slater...

Was discussing it with Dsnuts once, and you just have to hope it's not COVID or similar. Sad when people disappear without any clue or closure.

Dec 13, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #10,578 of 18,013
Spoke to him a few days ago - family stuff to sort out at the mo and hopefully he was enjoying a concert down in London yesterday :)

Dec 13, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #10,579 of 18,013
Spoke to him a few days ago - family stuff to sort out at the mo and hopefully he was enjoying a concert down in London yesterday :)
Ah great, that puts my mind at ease :) let him know if you can that he is not forgotten here :D

This happens sometimes... I'm not sure if IEMusic ever gave a heads up that they were signing off... and Slater...

Was discussing it with Dsnuts once, and you just have to hope it's not COVID or similar. Sad when people disappear without any clue or closure.
Never saw Slater active...but IEMusic, yes, I saw his posts...damn looks like even his account is deleted! How can one even do that?

Dec 13, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #10,580 of 18,013
Ah great, that puts my mind at ease :) let him know if you can that he is not forgotten here :D

Never saw Slater active...but IEMusic, yes, I saw his posts...damn looks like even his account is deleted! How can one even do that?
I know that IEMusic just pulled away, but Slater disappearing is disturbing to this day. I have tried to find out if he is OKAY but cannot find out anything at all. All life and all beings are fragile.

Dec 13, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #10,581 of 18,013
Regarding the IMR Ace, 4.4mm vs 3.5mm.....I think it depends on the source. I had some problems with my TempoTec V6 DAP, but have eventually managed to compare on it. Using the IMR Pro cable with the Ace, 4.4mm and then with a reasonable 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter, L Spiral Dots, the 4.4mm is mildly cleaner, the 3.5mm slightly more congested and less impactful. Not so draining on the ears as the banging 4.4mm on the Ace. On the whole though the 3.5mm does sound as good even though it's not as clean. I can understand why many prefer it. Personally, on the TempoTec V6, I prefer the more spacious 4.4mm, which does make the amazing mids of the ACE stand out.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #10,582 of 18,013
Have anyone received NaLe? Just wonder if there is any chance for them to arrive by Christmas

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #10,584 of 18,013
I was hoping by my birthday, late November...

As far as I know there have been no emails to update backers that the Na Le have been completed or have shipped.
Another shady delay... Bob needs to improve his business because the delays and units build quality becomes worse and worse with time.
New filters are way worse precision, on Aces and Z2 a bunch of filters can't just be screwed on top of all nozzles.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #10,585 of 18,013
Have anyone received NaLe? Just wonder if there is any chance for them to arrive by Christmas

I was hoping by my birthday, late November...

As far as I know there have been no emails to update backers that the Na Le have been completed or have shipped.

There is 0% chance of getting NaLe by this Christmas. 25% chance of getting it by end of January next year and 75% chance of getting it by end of February and 99% chance of getting it by end of March next year :)

Dec 14, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #10,586 of 18,013
Yeah the last email said they would ship "in two weeks", but that was over a month ago. Bob's got serious problems with manufacturing.

Dec 14, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #10,587 of 18,013
Yeah the last email said they would ship "in two weeks", but that was over a month ago. Bob's got serious problems with manufacturing.
Communication rather than manufacturing, I emailed them on monday since I have to move out of my place by mid/ end January, I was told I would get shipping in the following days

I understand many things that Bob must be going through, though... Dude, just speak. Be clear and concise and don't loose track with customers. Hire someone to do it. I bought Zion and I KNOW we won't see it til later march or something (cause experience) but dude ... Just say it. No need to evade, the thing about it is that the product is really good. I just turn around and say eff it, it's not that it makes me anxious, too much going around to pay attention. Anyways... When they come I'll be super happy hehehe

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #10,588 of 18,013
Regarding the IMR Ace, 4.4mm vs 3.5mm.....I think it depends on the source. I had some problems with my TempoTec V6 DAP, but have eventually managed to compare on it. Using the IMR Pro cable with the Ace, 4.4mm and then with a reasonable 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter, L Spiral Dots, the 4.4mm is mildly cleaner, the 3.5mm slightly more congested and less impactful. Not so draining on the ears as the banging 4.4mm on the Ace. On the whole though the 3.5mm does sound as good even though it's not as clean. I can understand why many prefer it. Personally, on the TempoTec V6, I prefer the more spacious 4.4mm, which does make the amazing mids of the ACE stand out.

A few weeks ago I listened to EDP Ace and wondered why anyone would want to sell it, for the discounted price it's impressive. But after and hour or so I swapped to the Zenith II and immediately noticed the openness and better, imo, treble which is more airy and bright by comparison.

Dec 14, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #10,589 of 18,013
A few weeks ago I listened to EDP Ace and wondered why anyone would want to sell it, for the discounted price it's impressive. But after and hour or so I swapped to the Zenith II and immediately noticed the openness and better, imo, treble which is more airy and bright by comparison.
I prefer the Zenith II which I really enjoy a lot. I find the Ace sounds more digital, with forward mids, but a bit bass light in comparison to my Zenith II, which to me is enjoyably analogue sounding. On my units there is much stronger, and better integrated bass and a much airier treble on the Zenith than the Ace.....but I still like the Ace for it's mids.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #10,590 of 18,013
I prefer the Zenith II which I really enjoy a lot. I find the Ace sounds more digital, with forward mids, but a bit bass light in comparison to my Zenith II, which to me is enjoyably analogue sounding. On my units there is much stronger, and better integrated bass and a much airier treble on the Zenith than the Ace.....but I still like the Ace for it's mids.
I agree with you, the Zenith II have more prominent bass and good treble extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back