Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 6, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #9,796 of 18,013
I don't own the Ace but the Typ711 has complete different sound presentation compared to the IMR house sound. It is brighter with a W-shaped sound signature. Crazy fast transients response and crystal clear sound. Incredible details, speed and instruments separation. Clean bass and good treble extension. It's a heavy IEM but built like a tank.
Oh its the original edp u got
Sounds like a good iem

Oct 7, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #9,797 of 18,013
Oh its the original edp u got
Sounds like a good iem
The original EDP has a characteristic metallic timbre with a fantastic midrange. Drums and live music sound great. Also is the IMR I own with lighter and clean bass.

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #9,798 of 18,013
I had tossed around the idea of selling my ACE during the past month. But after changing to the gold/green filter set, I'm soooo glad I didn't. Everything is in balance now, and the stage is finally structured correctly. Really a treat to listen to, and clarity is off the charts. Incredible as it may sound, the Zii have now taken a back seat to the ACE in my lineup. And I love the Zii.

So for those of you unsatisfied with your ACE, don't forget to try different filter set combinations. Even a minor change may make a big difference in fixing the sound profile. And I never thought the gold lower would be a part of the solution, but I stumbled upon that a while ago and haven't looked back. It tames the ACE's energy extremely well and rounds out the upper bass profile better than even the blue or black nozzles.

Good luck.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #9,799 of 18,013
And I never thought the gold lower would be a part of the solution, but I stumbled upon that a while ago and haven't looked back. It tames the ACE's energy extremely well and rounds out the upper bass profile better than even the blue or black nozzles.
Right, when I've used the gold lower before, haven't liked it at all. If I ever get my Ace back from IMR, I'll see how it works.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #9,800 of 18,013
I had tossed around the idea of selling my ACE during the past month. But after changing to the gold/green filter set, I'm soooo glad I didn't. Everything is in balance now, and the stage is finally structured correctly. Really a treat to listen to, and clarity is off the charts. Incredible as it may sound, the Zii have now taken a back seat to the ACE in my lineup. And I love the Zii.

So for those of you unsatisfied with your ACE, don't forget to try different filter set combinations. Even a minor change may make a big difference in fixing the sound profile. And I never thought the gold lower would be a part of the solution, but I stumbled upon that a while ago and haven't looked back. It tames the ACE's energy extremely well and rounds out the upper bass profile better than even the blue or black nozzles.

Good luck.
I concur that gold/green sounds amazing.
But still might not apply to all.
Different ears, different filters.

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #9,801 of 18,013
Hi all - I just got hold of a pair of Splash of Red in a great B-Stock offer and I was hoping for some filter help? I am lucky enough to have a Phantom Master 6 with 6 actual drivers from Trinity and used the red filter to roll off the top end a bit. I usually like more bass down low, forward mids but am quite sensitive to treble, so does anyone have a combo that rolls off the treble but keeps the rest? Currently using black lower and red upper, but please let me know our suggestions, thanks!

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #9,802 of 18,013
Hi all - I just got hold of a pair of Splash of Red in a great B-Stock offer and I was hoping for some filter help? I am lucky enough to have a Phantom Master 6 with 6 actual drivers from Trinity and used the red filter to roll off the top end a bit. I usually like more bass down low, forward mids but am quite sensitive to treble, so does anyone have a combo that rolls off the treble but keeps the rest? Currently using black lower and red upper, but please let me know our suggestions, thanks!
You might try gold, green, or purple. Gold having the most damping.

I've found that there is a synergy between lower and upper filters, so you might want to try other lower nozzles as well. Start by finding your ideal lower nozzle and change your uppers until you find something you like. Then roll back to the lowers and see if there's something that fits better. Because of the synergy between the two, it's hard to give a direct answer.

The guide in the IMR package should be helpful, especially for bass. Black/blue are generally more bass and green/silver are less. The upper filters will tune the sound to your preference, with blue/black being sharper and gold/green being softer.

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #9,803 of 18,013
You might try gold, green, or purple. Gold having the most damping.

I've found that there is a synergy between lower and upper filters, so you might want to try other lower nozzles as well. Start by finding your ideal lower nozzle and change your uppers until you find something you like. Then roll back to the lowers and see if there's something that fits better. Because of the synergy between the two, it's hard to give a direct answer.

The guide in the IMR package should be helpful, especially for bass. Black/blue are generally more bass and green/silver are less. The upper filters will tune the sound to your preference, with blue/black being sharper and gold/green being softer.

Thank you for this! I have been thinking it can be a little sharp, so I will try out some combos

Oct 7, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #9,804 of 18,013
If you have Trinity Phantom master filters with you, then I would suggest to try silver filter with dampener from green one. It will provide you the most bass with less sharp treble. if you further want to reduce the treble, then stuff it with more dampener material from any of the filter.

Oct 7, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #9,805 of 18,013
Listening to Ott - Blumenkraft with my Sempers.

I won't bother to mention any superlatives. Let me just say that the Titan has some HUGE shoes to fill. The bass is full, controlled, textured, and crisp. Not sure I can see any room for improvement.

I just hope and pray that the new 11.5mm DD can compete with the Aten 15mm driver. Fingers crossed, but I have serious doubts. I just don't see how it's possible.

Frankly, what astounds me is how Ott was able to produce this music 20 years ago with inferior technology. I listen to it now through the lens of a highly advanced R2R DAC and super low distortion amp using IEMs with modern technology, and the result is absolutely incredible. How he was able to produce this music 20 years ago with older gear just blows my mind.

I can't express how thankful I am at the moment. Definitely great times we live in.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #9,806 of 18,013
Listening to Ott - Blumenkraft with my Sempers.

I won't bother to mention any superlatives. Let me just say that the Titan has some HUGE shoes to fill. The bass is full, controlled, textured, and crisp. Not sure I can see any room for improvement.

I just hope and pray that the new 11.5mm DD can compete with the Aten 15mm driver. Fingers crossed, but I have serious doubts. I just don't see how it's possible.

Frankly, what astounds me is how Ott was able to produce this music 20 years ago with inferior technology. I listen to it now through the lens of a highly advanced R2R DAC and super low distortion amp using IEMs with modern technology, and the result is absolutely incredible. How he was able to produce this music 20 years ago with older gear just blows my mind.

I can't express how thankful I am at the moment. Definitely great times we live in.
Which R2R DAC do you have?

Oct 8, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #9,807 of 18,013
Oct 8, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #9,808 of 18,013
I concur that gold/green sounds amazing.
The "gold'n'green" Ace is definetly worth checking out, as it present a completely different sound character.

I am not fully sure how I feel about it in general, but it definetly makes Ace much more relaxed and spaciously sounding. I normaly only used gold lower for movies before on other IMR sets, as for music it sounded way off. But for Ace it seems to be a bit different story.

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #9,809 of 18,013
Same for me : gold\green with ACE

Oct 8, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #9,810 of 18,013
On the Ace I favour Grey/blue I tried the gold/green it was just a little soft for me but its the true beauty of IMR the ability to tailor the sound to your own ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back